[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smartphone Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
>>51957153

last ones almost dead
>>
What's the best extended battery to get for the Galaxy S6 and can you recommend a case to go with it ?
>>
>>51980141
/smartphone thread/i;boards:g;op:only
filtered, thx
>>
Bumoing my question from the last thread

UK fag here, had an S4 for 2 years and it's almost broken. Do I wait for the LG V10 or just get an S6/6P?

Want this new phone to last a while if that matters
>>
Is there such thing as a smartphone without camera? I need a new smartphone but I don't need a camera, what do?
>>
>>51981069
Not of the top of my head, couldn't you just get a smartphone where the camera isn't very good/isn't the main feature?
>>
>>51981069
It's not like it's going to cost you more to have a camera since basically all smartphones come with a camera nowadays. There's tons of shit that come with my phone that I never use and it's not a pain at all. Just pick a phone you like and ignore the camera
>>
File: nexus-6-review-phone-1200-80.jpg (75 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
nexus-6-review-phone-1200-80.jpg
75 KB, 1200x675
I'd take a Nexus 6 over the 6P because I'm not missing that much.
>>
>>51981258
both are too big desu
>>
Are BLU phones good? I see them everywhere now.
>>
>>51980791
Just do what everyone else in the UK is doing and get yourself an iPhone already, you weirdo.
>>
>>51981472
6P is the perfect sized phone
>>
File: 13.jpg (12 KB, 154x539) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
12 KB, 154x539
reposting from other thread:

Moto G3 170€, Nexus 5X 400€ or Wileyfox Swift 175€ ?

anything else I should consider for clean/stock android phones?
>>
File: wileyfox.jpg (204 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wileyfox.jpg
204 KB, 1600x900
>>51982098
>>
>>51982098
vodafone 6 smart ultra/prime
>>
Does the Note 5 still suffer from poor RAM management?
>>
My brother needs a new phone, and I have an iPhone 6. I don't like the color or the design of the 6, so I'm considering giving it to my brother and getting a black 5S. How retarded is this idea?
>>
>>51982986
if you wanna be a nice brother, go for it
how old is he?
>>
What's a good keyboard for Android? I've been using Fleksy but I don't really want to use it anymore, it's been a bit slow to start up lately. I've also tried Swiftkey but I don't like the layout it has anymore.
>>
Good android flip phones?
>>
>>51981806
no u
>>
What's a good screen protector for the 6p?
>>
I'm waiting for the HTC one M10, should be out in march, i hope it's alot smaller than the M9
>>
bump gotdam
>>
I have an HTC One M7, hoping to upgrade soon to a new phone. I'm not a power user (internet, social media, music, camera, scheduling) so I've been curious about the Moto G which seems like a good price point to move laterally to a new phone. Even though it doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles I didn't really use them anyway. However I don't want to step down to worse phone. It seems the M7 I have now and the Moto G 3rd gen are fairly equivalent spec-wise, but am I going to see performance losses because of the inferior CPU (1.7 GHz vs. 1.4 GHz)? Is there any other good phone at the ~$220 price level?
>>
>>51980141
OP, that phone in the pic was fucking awesome. Put a nice LIPO in there and wouldn't have to charge the battery for 5 years. Plus NSA wouldn't even know how to track that shit now.
>>
So is the Nexus 5X a worthwhile phone?
>>
Does the version of android an unlocked phone ships with matter? If it's out of date, can I simply update it on my own, or are updates controlled by manufacturers?
>>
>>51982098
how much shit apps/bloat has the xiaomi redmi note 2 got?

anyone can report on what exactly is on that thing when you boot it up?

also, what os is that thing running even?
>>
>>51982770
Vf smart ultra 6 Most shitty phone ever
>>
>>51982111
Awww yeaa own this phone. And I'm lovin it!
>>
>>51982986
Damn dude don't be a retard. Get a 7 when it comes out.
>>
hey /g/. I'm facing a dilemma: I have more music than my phone can handle at this point. It does not have expandable storage (1+1). So anyway what would be the better idea:
Getting some dedicated music player with enough storage, getting a new phone with plenty of storage + sd slot
OR
Setting up some sort of streaming server for my music? What would be the best choice without losing sound quality too much.
>>
Moto X Style or Nexus 6P?
>>
File: Note4.jpg (10 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
Note4.jpg
10 KB, 285x177
>>51980141
The last good smartphone from Samsung
>>
>>51985222
>$220
I doubt you can find anything great for that money. Maybe add one hundred more and look for a flagship from 2014, such as the M8.

The M8 is still a great phone if you can manage to find one at around 300 bucks. I've recently just got a new one with 2 years warranty. And I'll get Marshmellow on it, probably the last big update.

It was quite cheap, even if it's a 2014 flagship, that's more than I need since I don't take photos or game much. So, I would recommend the M8 as a reliable "upgrade", if you're not bothered by the idea of getting an older, but still decent, phone.

Another good old flag is the Note 4, but it sells for more, about $450-500 even now. So that's almost double your budget. I'm only talking about new phones, unsold stock, not used ones.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.