[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skrolli
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: skrolli.jpg (226 KB, 620x858) Image search: [Google]
skrolli.jpg
226 KB, 620x858
A Finnish hobbyist computer magazine "Skrolli" is trying to widen their audience by doing (at first) one magazine in english. I've read the magazines in finnish, enjoyed them a lot and I think that this might interest like-minded people from all over the world. Skrolli is a non-profit association.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DTt8-jVbh0

>We are a group of hackers, computer hobbyists, gaming enthusiasts and journalists from Finland. We grew up reading about computers, programming, games and computer culture in magazines. They taught many of us how to do things ourselves instead of only consuming ready-made products. They raised the generation that gave birth to innovations like IRC and Linux and companies like Supercell, Remedy and Housemarque.

>One by one, these hacker magazines disappeared from the mainstream and died off – in Finland and everywhere else. We felt sorry that they were gone. The Internet is great, of course, but it will never be permanent like print is. Articles on websites tend to disappear, but we can still read magazines from a hundred years ago.

>Three years ago, we decided to make a magazine ourselves. We were fascinated with the idea of making something that we used to love, but writing about the topics of the present day. It turned out that this was a good idea, since a lot of people wanted to join us in making such a magazine. Skrolli and its community were born, and a total of 12 issues have been published since then.

>The time has come to present Skrolli to an international audience. If this crowdfunding campaign succeeds, we can print an issue in English. If there is enough interest, we can even start publishing Skrolli in two languages.
>>
we have 2600
>>
Will it contain specific step-by-step instructions how to install gentoo? If if it will, I will support it.
>>
File: submarine.png (33 KB, 281x284) Image search: [Google]
submarine.png
33 KB, 281x284
>>
File: class_demored.png (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
class_demored.png
51 KB, 256x256
>>51978275
>why demos suck
For real tho, especially on games this is actually useful to see if you like the gameplay/you could run it.
5 days then buy premium or fuck off software is always shit tho
>>
>>51978308
You mean if they stop talking about poor countries subversion of their goverment and the one arcticle of any mertit tht is just a hobby project
>>
>>51978275
>print magazine
into le trash it goes
>>
>>51980099
>le
>neckbeard
0/10 install gentoo
>>
File: bait.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>51979924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFv7mHTf0nA
>>
>>51979924
Underage faggot
>>
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skrolli-a-printed-computer-culture-magazine#/

campaign

also, bump, I want this to become a thing
>>
File: 1435873687255.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1256) Image search: [Google]
1435873687255.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1256
>>
>>51978275
>why demos suck
the magazine is already shit
>>
>>51981921
>>51979924
It's about the demoscene demos and not demo versions of games. The makers of this magazine are really pro-demoscene, so I don't think they really think demos suck, but instead that title is just trying to tirck demosceners into reading the article.
>>
>>51982411
>It's about the demoscene demos and not demo versions of games
i know, why does it suck?
>>
>>51982411

>clickbait in physical form

No thanks.
>>
Whatever teh Finns make it's usually really good :-/
>>
>>51982420
I think it's a translated article and it has been released in Finnish before. In the Finnish article they talk about why demos suck from the viewpoint of non demosceners, and the article is basically a tutorial about how to get into the demoscene and what it is.
>>
Should we buy ad for /g/entoo?
>>
SPURDO SPAURDA
>>
>>51982550
I think that the average reader has more experience with Gentoo than average user of this board.
>>
File: 1421093242330.png (131 KB, 567x542) Image search: [Google]
1421093242330.png
131 KB, 567x542
>>51982623
EBIN :DDD
>>
File: kinkku.jpg (133 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
kinkku.jpg
133 KB, 800x530
UB
>>
>>51978275
is there seriously no electronic publishing?
>>
>>51982623
SPRÖLÖLÖLÖ :D
>>
>>51985549
Yes, there is. Usually they have published their magazines as PDF's for everyone when the next issue comes. As subscriber I get it at the same time as the paper version comes.
>>
>>51986180
Will have to sign up. Thanks for the info
>>
>>51986208
Here is an example:
http://www.skrolli.fi/2013.2.web.pdf
>>
>>51986361
Looks like a great publication. Glad they started doing it in English.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.