[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nvidia is the Nazi Germany of our time. Literally doing everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 970.jpg (3 MB, 1920x4160) Image search: [Google]
970.jpg
3 MB, 1920x4160
Nvidia is the Nazi Germany of our time. Literally doing everything they can to assfuck PC gaming.

Nvidia hate thread.
>>
>>51977835
Nvidia aren't nazis, they're jews. If you want to get rid of nvidia, stop buying their cards like a good goy.
>>
what game/benchmark is that?
>>
>>51977853
but nvidia has the best performing cards on the market
>>
>>51977868
Damn, they can beat 7970 and 290 rebrands.

Nvidia so smawt.
>>
>>51977856
AC:Unity maybe, they all look the same.
>>
>>51977912
so it's asscreed? thank you!
>>
>>51977868

I'd rather cf a couple 390s than keep buying from those fucking jews, fuck them and their woodscrews.
>>
i never bookmarked it, but i read a really interested blog post on nvidia's dominance

the gist of it is that there's a lot more layers of abstraction between the GPU itself and what the programmers have to deal with in 'conventional' graphics APIs like directx9 and opengl. these APIs are absolutely filled with incredibly weird conventions, weird defaults, 'optimisations' that don't work half of the time, and other weird quirks. the reason that nvidia does better on benchmarks is that their engineers will normally aggressively optimise their drivers manually for every individual 'big-name' game/application/benchmark that comes out. that's also why they're often accused of cheating these benchmarks - because essentially they are, although it's not really cheating when it's their entire strategy.

that's also why nvidia so aggressively push their new drivers. because their cards are basically useless without them. but it feels good to update your drivers and suddenly get 20 more fps out of a game or whatever.

this is also because nvidia were so reluctant to support vulkan - because it's a different type of API and nvidia's standard approach won't work there.

however, they know AMD aren't doing that well, and I think they're really hoping that they can just outlast AMD before vulkan really takes off (which could be a while).

if vulkan doesn't come soon enough, it could be very bad news for ATI. and if it's a wild success, it could be very bad news for nvidia. both situations would be very bad.
>>
>>51977912

I don't like nvidia either but assasins creed unity may have the worst engine optimization I've seen in years. What a piece of shit, hope you pirated that shit.
>>
>>51977835
try to use 5 gb of video ram on a 4gb amd card and see what happens.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.