[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to upgrade pc >bought new processor, motherboard,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 807907943245.jpg (2 MB, 4117x3066) Image search: [Google]
807907943245.jpg
2 MB, 4117x3066
>decide to upgrade pc
>bought new processor, motherboard, psu, ram, video card, and hdd
>can't bear to throw away the old parts and rebuild them as backup rig
>realize there's still stuff over for a third pc due to previous upgrades

When does it stop? I'm beginning to think every room in the house will have its own desktop.
>>
>>51977807
Give them to someone?
Younger brother/nephew/friend who doesn't have a lot of money and could use a computer
>>
>>51977807
>Mobo sitting on anti-static bag
Is this a cringe thread?
>>
>>51978899
>believing baseless myths
>>
>>51977807
build one for your wifes son
>>
>>51977807
Why not put the extra hdds into your system?
>>
Sell them.
>>
>>51978899
>he believes the meme
>>
>>51977807
I just keep my previous build at my parents place and that before that I give to my parents minus the GPU. The GPU I give to a buddy.

>>51978899
Please leave /g/
>>
>>51977807
Build PC for your parents house. Automate backing up important shit to it from your machine.
>>
>>51977807
>When does it stop?
The ride never ends.
>>
>>51979277
Bruh reference game on point.
>>
>>51978899
Is this a myth?
Why do people think it is bad?
>>
>>51979277
>tfw see this all the time but have no idea what the fuck it is.
>>
>>51977807

OP, I feel you.
you faggot!
I just keep buying speakers and amps myself.
>>
>>51983562
From what im told It's fine to sit it on the bag with no power but you should use the box if you were to give power to the mobo.

I'm not sure if the myth is you cant place the mobo on the bag ever
Or
If the myth is you can run the mobo on the anti static bag
>>
In the grand pespective the stuff in PC's in this and last generation can keep up and run stuff, we are not going to see the grand steps in proformance anymore, never going from C64 to amiga again.
>>
>>51985059
Can't run the mobo on the bag*
>>
>>51978899
Yes the bags are conductive, no it's not going to do anything detrimental to the motherboard. God...
>>
>want to upgrade i5 2400 and z68 motherboard
>motherboard standoffs are threaded so no motherboard upgrade
>even if I build a new PC with the rest I know I can't throw that case+z68 away

I know the feels
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.