[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
148 KB, 600x600
Hey, /g/,

I'm building my first computer and I can't tell if I've fucked up really badly. I accidentally attatched my heatsink to my cpu before installing the CPU to the mobo.

My question is, can i reseat the CPU properly into the mobo? or do i have to go in raw and try and hope and pray that i line those pins up?

ty /g/
>>
>>51974354
attached? how?
>>
Remove the heat sink, stick the cpu in the socket, then place the heatsink back on top.
>>
>>51974370
Thermal paste.
>>
>>51974381
That's not going to fuck anything up?
>>
How did you do that mate? Did you just stick the cpu on the heatsink? I shouldn't have to ask this but, are you retarded mate?
>>
>>51974463
Yeah I'm retarded tonight. I was trying to clasp the heat sink into place and bam. CPU out of socket.
>>
>>51974487
Ow ok, that's not that stupid of a mistake as what I thought you did. I though you just grabbed the cpu and put it on the heatsink, like not even in the vicinity of the motherboard.
>>
>>51974525
Oh Jesus. I'm not quite that retarded.
>>
>>51974432
No? Why would it? People remove and reapply thermal paste all the time.
>>
>>51974354
>I'm building my first computer
>>51974576
Thats why he thinks that
>>
>>51974593
If he's building his first computer I'm sure he's well versed on googling by now then.
>>
>>51974552
Oh, well okay, I was worried for a moment there.
>>
post pics
>>
>>51974354
OP is now /g/s cute anime boyfriend.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.