[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best laptop for university? My vote is MBA 13,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: browsing_g.jpg (92 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
browsing_g.jpg
92 KB, 800x400
What's the best laptop for university?

My vote is MBA 13, XPS 13, or new ThinkPad.
>>
chromebook ssh/vnc into desktop at home.
>>
Dell Inspiron B130
>>
>>51973757
my R61i actually works as my main computer. I just leave it in my room in the 90w adapter with full sized keyboard and mouse plugged in like a desktop. nobody would ever steal it because it's only worth like $50, but it's still way easier to transport than an actual desktop and I only paid $53 total for it after adding a t7300 dual core and 2GB ram. I take really nice paper notes. As you can tell, I like to save money.
>inb4 lol you're paying like 30K a year to go to uni
my grandma pays for it and I actually save my own cash into my private bank account on the sly. I'm a miser. It works, though.
>>
MBA
>>
dude if you don't get a macbook like everyone else on campus you will never make it in college sorry bro
>>
>>51975416
it's pretty pathetic, but the macbook air is easily one of the best choices if you're buying a new laptop. 14 hour battery life, less than 3lbs, good keyboard and trackpad with enough power for all of your basic bullshit. there isn't much else to ask for from a laptop for college. the xps 13 is the only thing that comes close.
>>
T60 / T400 - T420 for proper keyboard.

If you do any real work, keyboard is everything.
>>
what the fuck is the obsession with 13 inch laptops? 15.6 inch screens are fucking small and people want to smaller?

just get a fucking tablet if you're too much of a pussy to carry around a proper size laptop.
>>
>>51973882
> paying to go to uni
wtf. Here they pay you for going to uni. And provide room in a dorm if you need it.
>>
>>51975416
I saw one person with a mac when I went to university. Written notes are better, and the university provided much better equipment than a laptop.

If you need to bring a mac to university for any IT related course you are clearly going to a shit tier university.
>>
>>51977513
And your degree is worth nothing outside your third world shit hole. Stay poor, poorfag.
>>
>>51977522
>If you need to bring a mac to university for any IT related course you are clearly going to a shit tier university.

You're clearly at a shit tier university if your school has IT courses. Like 70% the students in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science use macbook airs. IT is cable runner shit. You probably develop in Windows.
>>
>>51973757
>Tfw on average those who take notes with a laptop retain less information than those who practice conventional means.

Surface Book is top tier shit though
>>
>>51977601
I did a BSc in network engineering and mastered in cyber security.

We were provided with powerful labs containing ASR series routers and high spec PC's for any programming required in the security course.

It is also a top 10 ranked university in the UK.
>>
>>51973757
>What's the best laptop for university?

Depends on your studies. For example, I study chemistry and it would be fucking impossible for me to take notes with a regular laptop, any shit-tier tablet that lets me draw as well as write is better.

Both suck when compared to pen and paper though. Unless you need to code or really want to do your homework in the library you most likely won't even need one. It just distracts you with all the entertainment it provides.
>>
Surface Pro 3

VAIO Pro 13 with 2 or 3 external battery attachment, ethernet modem adapter and 200gb SD card
>>
>>51973757
>best laptop
filtered, thx
>>
Macbook is the only choice if you actually plan on going to the campus with it
>>
>>51975442
>2016
>still buying notebooks with 4gb ram

The MB air is shit and the pro is overpriced compared to xps13,spectre x360 and maybe the carbon x1(dunno if it's good)
>>
>>51978412
this
>>
>>51977624
nobody said anything about taking notes on it.
>>
>>51978580
>>51978580
the spectre x360 is fucking garbage, what rock have you been living under? The XPS 13 is pretty good as the windows alternative, though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.