[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chrome Extension Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: ublcok.png (938 B, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
ublcok.png
938 B, 128x128
uBlock- my choice of adblock software
>>
Nice botnet, faggot.
>>
HOSTS editing - my choice of not installing a bloated and superfluous extension when my OS can do it out of the box without any additional cost of resources
>>
uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere is literally all you need.
>>
>>51973410
but it requires manual maintenance
>>
>>51973374
>ad blocking on chrome
that's like trying drug prevention on a drug dealer
>>
>>51973496
I have a systemd timer to update it every night from a maintained one. I do use an adblocker on top of it however because it doesn't get everything.
>>
>>51973374
greasemonkey with 4chan x enabled
>>
>>51973410
You're aware it doesn't hide the space where the ad used to be and it's totally useless if the ad is hosted on the same domain, right. Also it won't do shit if just ip address, not a host name, is used.
>>
>>51973374
HTTPS Everywhere
Redmorph
Font Rendering Enhancer
User-Agent Switcher
>>
Ublock Origin and Tracker Badger.
>>
Use Redmorphâ„¢!
>>
>>51973374
>>51974607
POO IN LOO
>>
File: laura3.jpg (43 KB, 515x448) Image search: [Google]
laura3.jpg
43 KB, 515x448
uBlock Origin
Private Tab
Open With
FlashDisable
ExHentai Easy Login
>>
>>51974650
>ExHentai Easy Login
>cookies are too hard for me, the extension.
>>
File: 2secure5u.png (11 KB, 197x33) Image search: [Google]
2secure5u.png
11 KB, 197x33
>mfw
>>
>>51974749
>chrom*
>secure

ok anon
>>
>chrome
>>
>>51973470
this
>>
>>51974749
At least two of those could be replaced with uMatrix
>>
File: ublockorigin.png (32 KB, 625x607) Image search: [Google]
ublockorigin.png
32 KB, 625x607
>/g/ says to install ublock origin
>install ublock origin
>see this
nice
>>
>>51975171
You know that sourceforge has been bundling malware with their downloads right?
>>
>>51975171
gorhill is a power-hungry guy who wants to decide what sites you should access or not. Other extensions, like Redmorph, only block ads and trackers.
>>
>>51975171
>>51975187
>enable badware-risks filter
>surprised when it blocks badware risks
>>
>>51975187
>who wants to decide what sites you should access or not
>there's a button on the page to bypass the filter
>there's another button to bypass the filter permanently
btw
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/05/sourceforge-grabs-gimp-for-windows-account-wraps-installer-in-bundle-pushing-adware/
>>
>>51975214
I didn't enable anything. I just installed ublock origin.
>>
>>51975214
It's enabled by default, and you know very well that most users won't touch the settings.

When gorshill first invented uBlock, he explicitely stated that it was an extension for those who don't want to mess with settings. He wants to have control over everything. Just look at his comments at the repo too.

> Yet another blocker for those who can't stand micromanaging rules etc., but are yearning for something that doesn't eat away at their computer resources, it's easy on CPU and memory footprints. As you may have guessed, pretty much a lot of it was taken from HTTP Switchboard and then reduced to a simple blocker like so many out there. Only one big button in the popup to turn it off or on for specific sites.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/

By the way, notice how he has changed from "let's keep it simple" to "let me add tons of features so I can block more stuff by default without letting people know what's going on".
>>
>>51975256
Why the fuck are you defending a website that pushes adware?
>>
>>51975256
>unchecking a box is just too hard
>>
>>51975266
I've been downloading stuff from SourceForge for years and never got any customized/malware installer from it. If you did, it was likely one of those installer that just offer to change your homepage, and you can easily uncheck that option.
>>
>>51975290
Apparently you missed the memo. Just about every open source project left sourceforge due to its change of ownership and aggressive monetization

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/03/sourceforge_to_offer_only_optin_adware_after_gimp_grump/
http://www.howtogeek.com/218764/warning-don%E2%80%99t-download-software-from-sourceforge-if-you-can-help-it/
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2929732/open-source-software/sourceforge-commits-reputational-suicide.html
http://www.myce.com/news/downloading-from-sourceforge-official-links-deliver-fakes-also-76749/
>>
>>51975309
thanks for the heads up anon

what are some good alternative sites then? any other shill sites to know about?
>>
>>51975332
github (despite their SJW bullshit they haven't messed with anyone's binaries)
bitbucket
gitlab
codeforge

For the most part any project of note has already moved. Only exception I can think of is qBittorent and that's only through the client - the site itself has switched
>>
>>51975368
good shit

thanks lad
>>
>>51975332
>>51975379
if you're just dumping code like i usually do, host your own cgit instance. braindead easy to set up, fast as fuck, and completely free
>>
Are there any right click enabling extensions that actually work?
Getting real tired of switching to Firefox every time I want to save a pic or select text on a Korean blog.
>>
>>51975256
>let me add tons of features so I can block more stuff by default without letting people know what's going on

>uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading because of the following filter
>disable strict blocking for this site?

Yeah, you're really kept in the dark there
>>
HOVERZOOM+

so fucking good cant live without it
>>
Picture in Picture Viewer, makes any website/video a popup window.
>>
uBlock
Web Developer (a lot of useful tools, though rarely used)
Tampermonkey
Blur
Ghostery
The Great Suspender (suspends pages to save memory after X minutes)
HTTPS everywhere
Full Page Screen Capture
Jeffrey's Exif Viewer
Win7 Scrollbars (I'm on Windows 8.1)
>>
>>51975820
>makes any website/video a popup window
Why
>>
>>51975783
fuck yeah son
>>
>>51976081
why not
>>
File: 1422852556894.png (11 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422852556894.png
11 KB, 500x500
>>51973374
ITT: botnet cucks circlejerking
>>
>>51976116
why not why?
>>
>>51975187
nice shilling m8
uMatrix is absolutely GOAT
>>
Copy All Urls
LinkClump
Nimbus Screenshot
Tabitha
uBlock
>>
>>51974391
>Redmorph
Shillfag pls go.
>>
>>51974483
Ublock Origin only because on Firefox DE ADB+ make it crash on youTube
>>
>>51973470
>using HTTPS Everywhere when uBlock can do the same
>>
>>51975256
>When gorshill first invented uBlock, he explicitely stated that it was an extension for those who don't want to mess with settings.
Exactly. So why do you expect users to have to go into settings to enable the badware filters? It is obviously best to leave it on by default since this offers the most protection. Advanced users who are aware of the risks involved with disabling it can do so without problem.
>>
4chan X
AlienTube
Disconnect
Flashcontrol
HTTPS Everywhere
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Stylish
Tampermonkey w/ YouTube Center
uBlock
uMatrix

Most of these are probably redundant but whatever.
Xkit
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.