[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gpu trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: mvidia.png (255 KB, 620x487) Image search: [Google]
mvidia.png
255 KB, 620x487
My gpu warranty is ending soon and my cards is acting funny. Im getting artefacts every few days.
I already sent the gpu for a replacement and they told me the card is okay and i had to pay their "diagnostis" Please guys help me kill this gpu without visible damage FAST!
tnx
>>
help senpai
>>
Just run gpu stress tests on it 24/7.
>>
Nope, not gonna happen.

Anything you do without flashing will be put down to user error and flashing will void warranty.

Stop being a nigger and pay for your upgrade. You're the reason cards cost more than they should.
>>
Use one of those card-killing drivers from whichever company made your GPU.
>>
>>51972215
Dont think that will work at least not quick enough i need something more serious.
>>
>>51972187
Set the fans to 20% like what AMD did to kill gpus
>>
>>51972187
set the fans to the lowest possible speed and then run furmark for a few days i guarantee that will do it
>>
>>51972255
this. turn off the fans and leave benchmark tests on for a while
>>
>>51972187

Get a razor and start stealthily cutting traces until it doesn't work.

>>51972230

Perhaps they should have some quality control then nigger.
>>
I was thinking about doing what you guys recommend with lowering fan speed and running furmark but im not sure if factory sees what was going on with the card before it died, like voltages and fan speed. Anyone guarantees they cant tell?
>>
>>51972187
Just rma it. If you're getting artifacts on stock clocks then shits fucked
>>
>>51972283
>Perhaps they should have some quality control then nigger.
They do, that's why denied your first bullshit request.

Your card isn't "acting funny".
>>
>>51972283
Exactly, the card is giving me problems every 30ish hours and i know they wont test it that long to tell me if its truly broken. Thats why i got to do what i got to do before warranty runs out.
>>
>>51972312
Wanna swap cards then nigger? Apparently mine is okay by your standards. just fuck off.
>>
File: steam speed.jpg (40 KB, 1058x363) Image search: [Google]
steam speed.jpg
40 KB, 1058x363
>>51972187
have you considered that maybe a different part of your system is fucked ?

even if you break your gpu, its not like they will send out a titan to replace it, they will send out the cheapest possible card that is equal to the one you sent int.

Also stop being a nigger, you made this exact post in SQT and now you made a thread.
>>
>>51972283
How do i cut them so they dont notice?
>>
>>51972368
I am 100% sure it is my gpu.
i dont care if they send me the same one i just want a working gpu. I paid to have a working gpu for 2 years and its giving me problems.
>>
>>51972282
how can i be sure they dont know fans were at 20%?
>>
bake your card in the over OP

this wont break it, it will actually fix it

your welcome
>>
>>51972521
i used to do it with my old gts250 but i still have warranty on this one so im not removing the cooler.
>>
>>51972521
Reflow soldering is pretty hit and miss tbf.
>>
Currently on the process of furmarking it with gimped drivers
>>
>>51972187
>Replicate issue
>Gather irrefutable evidence(Which should be easy if it's artifacting)
>Send it in for RMA along with your evidence.
>Important: Don;t pay to get it back! wtf is wrong with you? That's the most cuuck thing I've heard all week. Grow some fucking balls you aspie fuck.

Why are people so retarded.
>>
>>51972255
Or better yet DL the Nvidia driver update that melted a bunch of peoples cards.
>>
>>51974831
So what would he do in that situation? sue the company?
That would cost him more money than replacing the card.
>>
>>51974883
The loser pays court fees.

Also it would never fucking get to that point, you grow some nuts and just push it forwards with their complaints department. Problem solved
>>
What model are we talking about OP?
>>
>>51972282
enjoy your housefire
>>
File: 1379617682895.png (29 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1379617682895.png
29 KB, 270x270
>>51972187
Heatgun or hair dryer.WHILE NOT IN THE SYSTEM until it starts artifacting.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.