[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people who paid $700 for their phone will defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1449493915060.jpg (241 KB, 1104x1140) Image search: [Google]
1449493915060.jpg
241 KB, 1104x1140
>people who paid $700 for their phone will defend this
>>
>>51971906
>shows low spec phones that barely function and expects them to be on par with flagship phones
>>
>>51971906
Useless for me. My phone helps earn money.
>>
>buy a shitty new phone easier/cheaper than just charging your flagship phone
>>
>>51972095
Helps you meet new clients to suck off?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-00-15-42.png (61 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-00-15-42.png
61 KB, 540x960
>>51972056
Not OP, but I've been posting around /g/ this weekend with my experiences using a Moto E LTE. Shit is actually cash, definitely a fully functional smartphone. I only miss a flash for the camera, but I take maybe 2 pics a month anyway. I might not use something as cheap as the Moto E in the future, but I won't waste money on a flagship phone again.
>>
Frankly those would only be good for music, music streaming, podcasts, etc. They're worthless as a main phone, shit call quality and battery life, also the screens are very fragile.

If you want quality phones for cheap then just get whatever 2 years ago's Galaxy was and install CM on it. <$100 for a phone that will run almost as fast as a new phone.
>>
>>51971906

>Owning a phone called the Pixi Glitz

OP confirmed for being a raging homo
>>
Any old flagship + aosp Rom > this trash.
>>
Wait a minute... You can buy a phone for $1?
>>
>>51971906
I spent $750 on a phone, and I really have no problem with what you posted. They're way worse in every single way from my phone, and can't do a fraction of the shit I expect out of a phone, but if you dont care and want something cheap, go for it.
>>
>>51973499
Either a marketing trick or OP did not read the fine prints that it includes a contract or something
Or they want to get rid if it that badly, the specs are pretty shit
>>
>>51973499
Normal price seems to be $20
Pretty good, but you can buy a windows tablet for $40
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-alcatel-onetouch-pixi-glitz-no-contract-cell-phone-black/4427501.p?id=1219746386582&skuId=4427501
>>
I paid $150 for my note 5 by renewing my contract...
Paid $1 fort my wife's 6 edge
>>
>>51973639
>what is a contract
>>
>>51973499
>>51973560
I recall somebody did a review on the device that revealed that the touchscreen is unresponsive as fuck, has shit viewing angles, and the phone itself barely functions without falling apart. What the fuck do you expect with a $20 made for fucking Tracfone.
>>
>>51973679
Says I'll stay with my provider for 2 years or I'll pay the full value of my phone

I've been with Sprint for the last 20 years so I'm pretty sure it's the wise investment

Plus I have an old unlimited data contract from before everyone began charging by the Gb, so I'm not planning on switching for anything
>>
>>51973693
Ars recently did a review on the sunset ( or sunrise) which was a 10 dollar tracfone. It's effectively old people/ children tier. I know this because i've been using a zte VALET on tracfone for about a year and a half, it really is no comparison to this 150 refurb LG G3 i got now.shit phones are basically MP3 players that can make call and maybe browse websites from the 90s.
>>
>>51973771
Personally, that's why I basically picked up an Xperia M4 Aqua. It has problems with randomly heating up to the point where it will power cycle once every couple of days or so, but on the same note, the phone itself is solidly built, better specced than an equally priced Moto G, better waterproof spec, and legitimately has great battery life because Sony is the only Android handset producer that has sane power management settings.
>>
>>51973560
The Pixi was sold for $1 at the Dollar General chain with no contracts or caveats.

The other two phones were both from Best Buy.
>>
>>51973433
>Moto is fragile
>buy Samshit
Ayy lmao
>>
>>51973730
First off, sprint is a garbage tier carrier
Second, you're literally paying for the full cost of the phone over your two year contract, you have done this every time you upgrade.
For example look at the newer installment billing structured plans line cost is $15 given the data set PLUS phone cost
Where as on a two year it's a set $40 so that galaxy s6 on installments would be $15+27 = $42 so it's $40 with an upfront fee vs $42/month
Also that "upgrade fee" of $36 you got? very similar to the sales tax of the phone which is $43

So what have we learned?
1)You have a shit carrier
2)Your dumbass thinks you got a phone for a dollar
3)You're overpaying out the ass for subpar service
>>
>>51975768
Wtf are you talking about?

Firstly, I personally use more than 30GB of data per month, and I know my wife is also a big data user. So Verizon and AT&T are automatically not feasible. TMobile offers unlimited but they roam in my area. Sprint has never wronged me, throttled me, or roamed while I was in the country, so no they aren't shit to me

Secondly I'm not on an installment, and even if I had bought my phone personally and brought it to Sprint I would be paying the exact same amount, so by getting the phone through them I save money.

Thirdly, you are a tool
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.