[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the iphone 6 stand up to other competitors? I get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 12iphone6s_3448293b.jpg (21 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
12iphone6s_3448293b.jpg
21 KB, 620x387
How does the iphone 6 stand up to other competitors? I get the impression from you guys that there seems to be a lot of security issues with apple products or privacy issues and I'd like to hear what those are as I'm in the process of upgrading to a new phone today.
>>
>>51970284
ios is more secure than android and windows blows the shit out of both.

>shitty LCD screen with 326ppi
>only above average camera (at this price point it should be the best camera)
>huge bezels
>non-expandable storage
>fragile
>can't use it as a pen drive
>850€+ for the 64GB version

fuck that man.
>>
If you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get the best phone on the market with the least hassles. All the best apps come to iOS first (and often stay). The world seems to run on iPhone, hence why everyone jumped to support Apple Pay as soon as Apple announced it even though Lagdroid phones had NFC radios for years.

You'll probably read some posts here from people who irrationally hate Apple for no reason. Strange posts, when every celebrity, politician and business person uses iPhones.

Good luck
>>
>>51970284
OP here I get what you're trying to say but I feel like this board is better for it. At any rate though from what I've read so far I dont think I'll be getting it despite being originally attracted to its durability. Just trying to find a modest durable phone without a bunch of weird privacy issues. I'm a college student and with work and the gym my phone does get bumped around a bit when I'm in a rush. Would still appreciate any recommendations. Upgrading from a Droid maxx.
>>
>>51970284
>rosegold
How was the parade this year in San Francisco?
>>
>>51970596

What privacy issues are you worried about?

iPhones are encyptyed. Touch ID makes it super easy to secure your phone. iMessage is encrypted. The US Government wants to take Apple to court because Apple refuses to throw its users under the bus.
>>
As a data miner and seller, please buy apple products. You are the people who keep me in business.
>>
>>51970653

Versus the Google botnet Android, where you have to agree to let Google track you if you enable wifi. And Android only just now allows users to block tracking and permissions from other apps, but Marshmellow is only on 1% of phones.
>>
>>51970672

I get my data both ways. I just found it more convenient to get it from Apple because most of the time the phone doesn't even recognize that there is foreign programs running. Neither does the user.
>>
File: 1411679629817.jpg (98 KB, 640x435) Image search: [Google]
1411679629817.jpg
98 KB, 640x435
>>51970284
>How does the iphone 6 stand up to other competitors?
It doesn't.
>>
>>51970652
Just generic stuff that probably isn't a big deal in the long run. Firstly how secure is using cloud storage for pictures? I've heard nothing but bad things about that. And then other things privacy wise like how long my personal conversations are stored and my browsing habits on apples end? Stuff that isn't a huge deal but still embarrassing to an extent. What you said is interesting based off stuff I've read like here.

http://www.appleiphonereview . com/issues/6-iphone-privacy-issues-to-be-concerned-about/

>>51970636
Googled a generic Iphone picture, not sure what youre referencing though.
>>
File: image002(428).jpg (59 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image002(428).jpg
59 KB, 960x960
>applel
>>
>>51970569
Nice b8
>>
OP here, the options Verizon has given me for my phone upgrade are as follows: -DROID TURBO 2, LG G4, LG v10, Motorola droid mini, Samsung Galaxy Note5, Apple Iphone 6s, Apple Iphone 6, Galaxy S6 edge+ and the Galaxy S6. If any of you have any positive or negative things to say about any of these phones I'd be happy to hear it. My main problem with smart phones so far has really just been shock resistance from mild falls and faulty miniusb ports so I really want to make a good choice here.
>>
>>51971194
950XL + hub desu senpai :^)
>>
>>51971202
u wut, buddo?
>>
>>51970284
Been using the 6 since it was launched, my complain is that you literally cannot do anything if you do not jailbreak, say bye bye to your freedom.

Anyway putting aside the fact that you can't do shit without jailbreaking it just werks indeed.
>>
>>51971243
>don't jailbreak
>can't do shit
>literally a flat dumbphone

>jailbreak
>have to leave gaping security exploit open to keep it jailbroken
>just to get stock android functions

ayylmao
>>
>>51971119
>how secure is using cloud storage for pictures
Pretty secure
>how long are my personal messages and stuff stored on apples end
not at all
>>
>>51971119
Ah yes, the bastion of legitimate review websites, appleiphonereview.
>>
File: th-thanks iCloud.jpg (20 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
th-thanks iCloud.jpg
20 KB, 300x425
>>51971119
>Firstly how secure is using cloud storage for pictures?

>cloud storage

ayy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.