[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Java FX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: jfx.jpg (63 KB, 596x318) Image search: [Google]
jfx.jpg
63 KB, 596x318
Can some update me on JavaFX?

I was trying the first version years ago, but it was pretty shit back then.

Is the current version any good?
Have you actually used it?
>>
>>51969649
I had to use it as part of 7SE and it was fucking horrible still.
>>
>>51969661

Oh shit. I thought it was meant meant to replace swing in the long run?

What should I use for Java GUIs then?
>>
>>51969741

Anybody?
>>
>>51969741
to be honest gui in java just plain sucks. there isnt any way of doing things well really. what is it you want to do anon?
>>
>>51970256

Sorry to hear, I though JavaFX got somehow decent..

If I wanted to do a "normal" desktop application (not web access)?
>>
>>51970302
It is pretty decent. Dont listen to him.
It has many widgets already build in and you can get some more from controlsfx project.

All related GUI code is separated into fXML files like other frameworks have been doing it for many year in Qt.
It's really awesome desu.
>>
>>51970302
It's fine to use JavaFX and Java 8 for that. Just create good Java models out of data and it's drag/drop MVC.
>>
>>51970355
Also forgot to mention, that oracle made a GUI builder (scene builder) for creating desktop application. You can easily build a scene, add listener methods to your nodes and let scene builder create a skeleton java file.

Oracle has stopped support but open source communities are taking care of that.
>>
>>51970355
>>51970378
>>51970421

Thanks, I'll give it a try then!
>>
Version 8 is better than the previous ones.
In general, it's nowhere near to serious toolkits like Qt or wpf, but in the Java world I can't think of a better alternative.

In other words: it's still not great, but it's better than the alternatives.
>>
>>51969649
>Java
>good
>>
>>51970851

OK, that was my imporession..
>>
File: image.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1200
Better than Swing/AWT.
>>
>>51969649
I really love the gui builder. FX is the only way Java should be written on desktop. Swing/AWT ARE THE FUCKING WORST.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.