[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've had a recent obsession with portable audio recorders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 81kHiSZk0HL._SL1500_.jpg (141 KB, 650x1500) Image search: [Google]
81kHiSZk0HL._SL1500_.jpg
141 KB, 650x1500
I've had a recent obsession with portable audio recorders lately.

What's your choice for one?
Your experiences?
Favorite brand?
Which one do you have?
What do you use it for?
>>
>>51969460
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>51969446
I had one a few years ago but I sold it. What do you use yours for OP?
>>
>>51970039
Voice notes, memes, field recording, talking into it after waking up and then listening to the gibberish I say when half asleep, etc.

Which one did you have?
>>
I have a Sony icd-px333. I like it, but the mic quality is unsurprisingly not that good. It's great for voice like recording lectures and shit, but I wouldn't try field recordings or anything serious
>>
Any good, cheap recorders that I can use as a field recorder?
I want to record birds, running water, city sounds etc for use in music production.
My budget is $233.
>>
>>51970510
Zoom H1.
>>
>>51970510
Look into the Tascam field recorders that can take XLR inputs.
>>
>>51970568
Own a Tascam DR-40 and it is pretty good. You may want to invest in a battery pack and power it via USB, because its battery life is pretty lousy.
>>
I thought one of these would work well for learning how to do impersonations.

Have a clip of someone you're trying to learn to impersonate and then record your attempts and play them side by side to analyze how close they are.
>>
>>51970510
get a good microphone and your laptop. maybe a professional ADC if you're paranoid.
also why is your budget accurate down to a dollar?
are you going to spend all your savings or something?
>>
>>51969446
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>51971035
>>51969460
Pls stop.
>>
>>51971061
We are not your personal tech support or consumer recommendation board. /wsr/ says right in the sticky post that shit there.
>>
>>51971027

god damn fuck you stupid gamertard

OP specifically said he wants to capture field recordings, you think he wants to haul around a laptop, audio interface, and a microphone while standing on a street corner?

>>51969446

I own a zoom h4n and it's pretty nice. Used the microphones for recording quick song ideas, band rehearsals, and it also works as a 2x2 audio interface you can plug a guitar/bass into.

I think I paid ~$270 ? for it about 3 years ago, so it should be in your price range now. There's also some newer h6 stuff that looks really cool but not in a band ATM so haven't looked into it.
>>
>>51971073
pls stop
>>
>>51971099
field recordings imply that he'll be spending hours there and that he'll carry a proper high quality microphone.
He might as well carry a bag with a laptop with him.
>>
>>51970568
>>51970696
Looks good.
I have a couple of battery packs already.
>>51971027
I don't have a laptop.
>also why is your budget accurate down to a dollar?
Converted from SEK.
>>51971139
Max amount of time I'd spend on a recording session would probably be 2 hours.
And like I said, my budget isn't that big.
>>
File: PCMD50.jpg (281 KB, 709x1002) Image search: [Google]
PCMD50.jpg
281 KB, 709x1002
This one.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.