[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of liquid cooled laptops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: GX700_960.jpg (227 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
GX700_960.jpg
227 KB, 960x640
What do you guys think of liquid cooled laptops?
>>
Do they slosh when you carry them?
>>
>>51970245
Good question.
>>
>>51970789
There's no liquid in the laptop, it's all stored in that attachment and gets drained before you detach it.
>>
They make for a good joke thread
>>
Why is a toaster from hell attached to that laptop
>>
>>51970906
to cook the gaming sandwich your mom gave you, obviously.
>>
>>51968703
Cool
>>
>>51968703
Remove the word "Portable". You can also make your own, mini watercooling system.
>>
>>51970872
How does that work?
>>
Why
>>
At this point the laptop should start questioning its own identity. You can't even put it on your lap top.
>>
>>51968703
same as desktops, except limited by a form factor that is no longer useful in any way
>>
>>51968703
i can't imagine that being affordable enough to justify buying.
>>
File: 1-GX700_docking_18.jpg (705 KB, 2000x1220) Image search: [Google]
1-GX700_docking_18.jpg
705 KB, 2000x1220
>>51968703
LOOKS RIDIC AF

LAPTOB GETTING BUTTFUCKED BY A HORNET LMAO
>>
>>51972976
elves
>>
I'd love some kind of dock that turned your laptop into a dual socket NUMA workstation. But I guess only Windows Server or Linux would support CPU hotplugging, wouldn't be useful for the gaymen.
>>
>>51968703
Why not just build a lan-party mini itx build?
>have to haul the presumably huge power brick, the water thing in the back your mouse, something to put said mouse on

or
> micro itx case with handles, monitor, associated cables, mouse

It ends up being the same amount of shit really.
>>
>>51973605
Except even cheaper for a mini- or micro- build, along with your choice of parts and full customization to fit your needs/budget. I really question why anyone would buy one of these instead of their own build. The only reason I could see for owning one is if you absolutely needed it to have a battery as a kind of UPS because you know that shit is getting 1.5 hours tops under heavy load.
>>
How the fuck do you use that on your lap without burning your testicles
>>
>>51973605

Yeah except this laptop will go for $3k and you can build a beast of an ITX for half that cost.
>>
>>51968703
We don't think about them at all.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.