[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ethics Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
I'll be receiving $850 to build someone else a computer.

Is there any moral ambiguity in using some of that money to upgrade components in my personal computer, and passing along my used components into the new build?
>>
>>51967624
kike
>>
youre the worst kind of nigger. i hope you regret it you doublenigger. shoot yourself
>>
Totally unethical, not ambiguous at all. Charge them a fee.
>>
>>51967624
that's not morally ambiguous, it's morally fucked.

>inb4 moral relativity
>>
File: gypsy woman.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
gypsy woman.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>51967624
>>
From a moral point of view, this is really fucking stupid as it is not your money to use as you wish.
From a 4chan point of view, you get yourself some nice new components and build a new computer with your spare parts.
>>
>>51967624
fuck you
>>
File: Bridget (14).png (44 KB, 310x396) Image search: [Google]
Bridget (14).png
44 KB, 310x396
>>51967624
Yes.
But so long as the hardware works fine and you give a propper budget to your customer/person who you are making the computer for, you shouldn't have to feel guilty about it.
>>
>>51967624
I would give 10 - 20% off current list price for any used component. Give the customer the option of savings. If they opt for new, then you're stuck with your old hardware. Most people will go for it though.
>>
>>51967624
if you have to ask that kind of question, you're already morally corrupt. Don't do that shit man, it will come back to bite you in the ass not to mention it is just an absolute dick thing to do.

Now if you offer to sell them your old parts, that is fine. Otherwise, like many other in this thread have already said, I hope you come to regret this decision if you go through with it.

Nigger.
>>
>>51967624
Just straight out ask your friend to let you use 50 of it to buy a TB HDD for helping
>>
>>51967702
They are also pretty dumb for just giving you a flat amount. I'm assuming the point is for you to give them the best they can buy for $850. Either give them a discount or use the savings to improve their build somewhere else.
>>
>>51967624
Same fag here.
Or use the money you would save on installing gentoo and tell him to git gud if he objects
>>
>>51967745
you should be beaten with reeds
>>
File: band1[1].jpg (114 KB, 752x499) Image search: [Google]
band1[1].jpg
114 KB, 752x499
>>51967758
How am I supposed to play the sax if all my reeds were used to annoy some fag on the internet
>>
That's called embezzlement, and is a crime.

:^)
>>
>>51967779
stow yer white privilege, matey!
>>
>>51967883
>a fucking pirate talking to me about privilege
nigger if you steal all the gold from the british then you're the one with the privilege
>>
>>51967883
Put this CIS scum in the brig, laddeys! He'll have no say on the good ship, Booty Plunderer.

Our piracy is a war against the patriarchy. Necessary and pure!
>>
File: 8246f368d325e5ed5fc916cffeca063.png (396 KB, 680x639) Image search: [Google]
8246f368d325e5ed5fc916cffeca063.png
396 KB, 680x639
>>51967624
Kill yourself, op
>>
>>51967624
Yeah, I'd fuck you up if I found out someone was punking me when I was paying them to do something.
>>
>>51967624
Why the fuck are you ripping off your fucking customers? And do you really think they're not going to know? Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>51967654
/thread
>>
>>51967624
YES.

Also, charge them for doing it. Use THAT money.
>>
>>51967624
Fucking kikes I swear to god they need to be gassed.
>>
>>51967624
That is just stealing money. Charge them a fee instead if you want upgrades you piece of shit.
>>
>>51968753

I came here to post this.

You should be compensated for your time, use the profits to buy new parts. Alternatively, you could be honest with the guy and say "I have a spare X, would you want it for $X?"

If you aren't honest, it'll bite you in the ass when that component fails and he thinks you built a shit system.

In any case, you know what you're doing is wrong, otherwise you wouldn't have come here to try and justify it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.