[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I forgot to bring my PC adapter with me when going home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: acer-120w-20-6-adapter[1].jpg (251 KB, 2000x1509) Image search: [Google]
acer-120w-20-6-adapter[1].jpg
251 KB, 2000x1509
Hey /g/ I forgot to bring my PC adapter with me when going home over christmas and I am currently using a substitute that doesn't have the same voltage nor the same current as my usual adapter. The original one has 19 V and 9.5 A totalling 180.5W and the one I am currently using has 20 V but only 4.5 A which brings it to roughly half the power. I took out the battery from the PC so that the adapter both has to charge the battery as well as supply the PC with power. My question is if this can in some way harm my PC since the voltage is 1 Volt to high. I have a "MSI GT70 0NC".
>>
>>51967278
doesn't have to both power the PC and charge the battery*
>>
>>51967278
DC inputs almost always have a regulator behind them, so it will have a tolerance of around 15%.
20V will be fine and dont worry about the wattage unless you run benchmarks or some shit
>>
>>51967421
Makes sense. Thanks!
>>
The laptop will only get as much as it can handle.
>>
>>51968852
I doubt that if I put the entire 240V into the power jack of the PC it would be fine.
>>
>>51967278
What obese gaymur fapping station laptop are you using that it's supplied with 180watt brick?
>>
>>51968872
Can't know without trying, right?
>>
>>51968884
Read the op.
>>
>>51968884
I told you, "MSI GT70 0NC" I only bought it because I wanted a laptop that I could play games on as well as work. I have both Linux and Windows on it and I use Winshit only for playing games. I woul have gotten some other PC that isn't screaming gaming that much but i got it for half its original price so...
>>
>>51968884
Not OP, but I have a Thinkpad W540 with a 170W brick.

Doesn't beat the W701 with it's 235W monstrosity though.
>>
>>51968951
>>51968990
>be a grown man
>play video gaymez
Pick only one.

>>51968996
Difference is if you were using a thinkpad you wouldn't be asking this dumbass question in the first place.
All I read was 180w power adapter and is it ok to use a different one.
Now ask yourself, who uses a laptop that comes with a 180w brick and is so stupid they have to come on 4chan to ask this question and lacks very basic electronics fundamentals?
The answer is obviously degenerate gaymurs. Which is exactly what I suspected.
>>
>>51969096
>>>Read the op.
>>Be a grown man
>>Play video gaymez
>gaymez
Kill yourself. Why did you even reply to my reply, tardlord?
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 1050x1080
>>51969183
Be honest, I just want to know how good I am at figuring people on here out just from the things they post.
You look like pic related don't you?
>>
>>51969096
If it was a 25V power adapter I would never dream of plugging it into my PC, you are making it sound like any PC that require much power are ok with any voltage/current which sum doesnt reach above 180W. All I was wondering about really is if the 1V difference might damage my system which I doubted to begin with which is why I was already using it to come on here to begin with.

>>51969285

And the only thing you got right was my age about that post. All the other points were false.
>>
>>51969285
>interacting with tripfags
>ever
You should know better at this point, retard.
>>
>>51969369
Who are you, and why do you reply to a reply that was directed to me?

>>51969285
-I have a slight beard and wear contacts (so yeah, slightly true)
-That's half the world's population right there. Me included.
>Not balding at all, I have pretty long hair, I'll become Jesus if I let my hair grow for half a year.
-Twitter is 4chan for sjws and cucks.
-I don't like complaining and everyone who does is either gay or a cuck.
-I can't remember the last time I used such a word.
-Implying I make enough money to give it away without anything in return. And to a woman on top of that. And to a stranger to top it all off.
-Implying there are any women on the internet.
-Passive as in not aggressive, but not boring./submissive.
-Indie devs deserve hell, fucking release a game that'll compare to AAA titles, or don't go crying because you can't make a living. Pixel art is gay.
-That's true.
-I'd say like 8 steps.
-I don't think I'm that unique, but everyone is different.
-Don't use either, both are for retards, fags and cucks.
-Why would anyone do that, it's like submitting yourself to your wife. She should take my last name.
I look nothing like any of the cucks in the pics.
>>
>>51968996
My washing machine takes less than that
>>
>>51969586
I just assumed he is the same shitstain that posted
>>51969096
So I felt it was directed at both of us.
>>
>>51969639
Ow ok then. No h8, m8.
>>
>>51969722
Naw we cool man cmere n I'll suck yo dick dawg.
No homo
>>
>>51969816
This is getting awkward bruh.
>>
>>51969929
What can I say? OPs a faggot.
>>
>>51967278
Keep your battery in it, but only charge it only when the laptop is off. 17-22v should be fine.
>>
>>51970544
Can you have the battery plugged in and not charge it while the PC is turned on?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.