[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well since we never have them, and most threads devolve into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hackthegibson.png (22 KB, 350x150) Image search: [Google]
hackthegibson.png
22 KB, 350x150
Well since we never have them, and most threads devolve into memes and assholery, I thought we could do with a /friendly hacking thread/.

So ask away.

I am no expert myself so I though I would just kick things off with the basic standard recommendations of starting with:

http://overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/

and

http://nostarch.com/pentesting

and then working on machines from:

www.vulnhub.com

Even just reading walk-throughs for machines on Vulnhub that are beyond your ability while also doing the steps in the walk-through (even if you may have no idea what is actually going on at first) is a huge help to see the process of problem solving and implementing ideas.
>>
It only took one post.
>>
>>51967317
just ask her to give you access
>>
>>51967089
If you don't want shitposting, never use the word hacking to refer to anything other than tinkering with something.
>>
I'd recommend jumping onto linux first and learn programming and network concepts, then read about what causes code to be insecure and whatnot, that is the start of real hacking.
>>
Who is this 4chan?
>>
in level 12 > 13
is there any way to solve this without having to guess the compression type?
>>
>>51967500
I am , hi how are you?
>>
>>51967969

Are you using the "file" command to see what type of file it is?
>>
>>51967317
>im using kali but i dont understand how it works

>make pentest distro
>tfw the vast majority of your distro's "users" are most likely jokers like the above
>>
>>51967478
>that is the start of real hacking

I thought it was just "download muh hacking distro hurr" (like >>51967317 apparently did).
>>
>>51967969
xxd, file
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.