[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is come to my attention there's been so hardcore anti-linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (17 KB, 480x450) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
17 KB, 480x450
It is come to my attention there's been so hardcore anti-linux shilling on here. I have to ask you, what do you gain by doing so? Money? Discounts of Microsoft products? Tell me.
>>
>>51967008
There's even more Linux shilling on /g/. What do you gain by it?
>>
>>51967036
Nothing, I wouldn't mind if most of it was real concerns, half the time it's uninformed opinions from people who still think linux is stuck in perpetual 1994
>>
File: lintop2015.png (233 KB, 766x1722) Image search: [Google]
lintop2015.png
233 KB, 766x1722
>>51967036
This.

A balance needs to be kept.
>>
>>51967008
>>51967036
They do it for free.
>>
File: 74823493814.png (144 KB, 900x1500) Image search: [Google]
74823493814.png
144 KB, 900x1500
>>51967070
>half the time it's uninformed opinions from people who still think linux is stuck in perpetual 1994

Linux users say the same meme tier shit every day here that has no concrete attachment to facts or reality but you dont see us winfags making butthurt threads like this because our feels got hurt.
>>
>>51967074
What is this? a picture from 1998? In what way is any of that relevant to contemporary linux?
>>
>>51967008
Theres much more linux shiling on here

Some of us only do it to piss freetards off
>>
>>51967074
>uninformed opinions from people who still think linux is stuck in perpetual 1994.

Look, bugs may be there but hardware support is more than fine.
>>
>>51967070
Honestly by nature due to our capitalist society Linux is going to be a few years behind any commercial product.
Don't get me wrong, I use it for some things but Windows is still better for most uses
>>
>>51967122
But why not spend the time doing something better, like playing /v/idya
>>
>>51967074
>>51967094
>how to be a windows user

>spend your time making giant images about why linux is shit because Steam servers are down and you don't have anything else to do with your time
>>
>>51967185
>How to be a linux user
>Spend 15 hours, a day, 365 days a year customizing your system to watch chinese cartoons on it
>>
The important concept to bear in mind when discussing software issues with Linux apologists is the "Linux Fault Threshold". Clever use of this concept helps you to avoid losing your temper with someone who might actually be able to render practical help, while ensuring that you give the correct dose of venom (60cc of scorpion juice, administered per anem with a rusty syringe) to the vast crowd of mindless apologists who just want you to use their pet operating system because it makes them feel good and gives them something to boast about on Slashdot. I provide this as a service to all the blind, alcoholic, incontinent grandmothers out there who appear to be installing Linux without any trouble if the Slashdot comments on any article remotely related to user interface design are to be believed.
The Linux Fault Threshold is the point in any conversation about Linux at which your interlocutor stops talking about how your problem might be solved under Linux and starts talking about how it isn't Linux's fault that your problem cannot be solved under Linux. Half the time, the LFT is reached because there is genuinely no solution (or no solution has been developed yet), while half the time, the LFT is reached because your apologist has floundered way out of his depth in offering to help you and is bullshitting far beyond his actual knowledge base. In either case, a conversation which has reached the LFT has precisely zero chance of ever generating useful advice for you; it is safe at this point to start calling the person offering the advice a fucking moron, and basically take it from there. Here's an example taken from IRC logs to help you understand the concept.
>>
If you don't have a:

- Windows Desktop
- Mac Laptop
- Linux VPS

then you don't belong in /g/.
>>
>>51967375
>mac laptop
Of course. How else am I supposed to pick up cute guys at starbucks?
>>
>>51967375
I've got two laptops, one running Windows 7 Pro, the other running Ubuntu Mate. I'd own a mac, but I don't think it's worth sucking Tim Cook's dick to get one
>>
>>51967008
>thinking it is shilling
>not realizing it is ignorance
>>
You get like 1 rupee per post or something. In useful money that's like 0.0000001USD or something. When you're poor you do whatever to survive I can't blame them I'll just blame Microsoft instead
>>
>>51967441
shilling is synonymous with ignorance nowadays anyway
>>
>>51967036
>>51967122
>linux shilling
it's not shilling if it's not paid
and who would pay?
>>
File: shill.png (2 MB, 2100x2196) Image search: [Google]
shill.png
2 MB, 2100x2196
>>
>>51969241
good work anon
>>
50℅ of people on /g/ use Windows. 40℅ use Linux. Only 5% of people on /g/ use Macs. Source: last 2 monthly straw polls.
>>
File: shill2.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
shill2.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.