[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here use Google Wallet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
Does anyone here use Google Wallet?
>>
2botnet4me
>>
Botnet wallet
>>
>>51964688
no
>>
No, I have a good leather wallet that I've had for over 10 years.
>>
File: DSC_0005.jpg (3 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005.jpg
3 MB, 3920x2204
Nah
>>
>>51964688
Yes
>>
>>51964688
I have one, what would you like to know?
>>
Retarded shit.

Why can't we just have a system like the suica or passmo cards in Japan? So much more convenient.
>>
File: 1419545623201.jpg (539 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1419545623201.jpg
539 KB, 1536x2048
>>51964688
I'll use it to separate my money into different funds for different things. Like my bill, and grocery money stay on my debt card and i have a fun fund on my google wallet for seeing movies or buying games and shit like that. You can set it up to transfer money from your account on a schedule which is pretty nice and it helps if you're like me and you're trying to pay off student loans
>>
>>51964688
It's like my extra card I take when I'm just going site seeing or around the town.

I rather have this one on me then my real CC
>>
>>51964746
what's the point of having one?
>>
> having to set a pin lockscreen on my phone, as opposed to no lock at all

fuck that shit
>>
>>51964832
>> having to set a pin lockscreen on my phone, as opposed to no lock at all
Wtf?
>>
>go to cashier to check out
>she scans all my stuff
>gives me the total
>see "google wallet" on the card swiper
>take out phone
>open up app and try to pay
>cashier looks at me funny
>"Uh, sir. What are you doing?"
>I get nervous
>"T-Trying to use G-Google Wallet"
>"Uh, sir, I don't know what you're trying to do but you need to pay $15"
>"B-But this thing says Goog-"
>"Are you being hostile? I'm going to have to get security over here"
>"N-No! I was just-"
>She gets on the phone with security
>I turn 360 degrees and walk away

Fuck Google Wallet, nobody knows what that shit is.
>>
>>51964913
Get a card
>>
>>51964706
>>51964708

This. It offers no advantages over a credit card for me, and tells Google everything I buy.
>>
File: herman-cain-smile.gif (2 MB, 275x248) Image search: [Google]
herman-cain-smile.gif
2 MB, 275x248
>>51964708
>>
why would anyone use wallet now that android pay exists?
>>
>>51964795
I use it as a proxy card, basically. It lets me transfer money from my bank to this card, acting as a safe intermediary between by account and the transaction. I think you can also use them internationally without issue.
>>
>>51965476
TLDR its an intermediary account, like the Green Dot Visas, but it works internationally as well as virtually (Android Pay, Online payment, etc.)
>>
File: d72.png (68 KB, 262x251) Image search: [Google]
d72.png
68 KB, 262x251
>>51964749
>>
I use the superior apple pay
>>
>>51965536
Google Wallet isn't Android's Apple Pay. They have Android Pay
>>
Nope. I've been skeptical of using any Google payment methods after I forgot to cancel a subscription in the Play Store and discovered that they will not give you the option to receive a refund unless the app developer decides to give you one. This happens regardless of how much time has passed (canceled immediately after receiving the payment notification email) and despite the fact that they send no reminder emails (even for a yearly subscription).

I realize that's not Google Wallet at work, but it's still Google and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to fuck over the consumer in some ways with Google Wallet as well.
>>
>>51965536
>superior apple pay

I want to disagree. But it is. Tokenized payments and Apple only sees their cut of the sale. Meanwhile Google is going in the other direction and adding reward cards to try and justify the botnet.
>>
Why should I use Google Wallet when both my debit card and my phone can do NFC payments?
>>
File: chase1_r900x493.jpg (50 KB, 900x493) Image search: [Google]
chase1_r900x493.jpg
50 KB, 900x493
>>51965909
>debit card
>NFC payments

Not for much longer. As far as I'm aware, all new cards will only be chipped.
>>
>>51964688
I have one but I don't get the point of it. It costs money to put money on the card? Why don't I just use my regular credit card?
>>
>>51966100
Like it fucking matters. Card Not Present transactions will still obviously work otherwise you wouldn't be able to order things off the internet.
>>
>>51966100
Not in Europe. Our cards have been chipped for years and they added NFC over the past two years. My bank even came out with an app to allow payments with your phone, directly from your bank account.
>>
What the fuck is the difference between Google Wallet and Android Pay?
>>
>>51965520

Make fun all you like, but if you haven't used the IC card system in Tokyo, you don't understand how awesome it is.
>>
>>51966150

Old way:

>wave wallet over reader
>pin/signature or no additional action

New way:

>remove card from wallet
>insert card into reader
>wait a few seconds for card to validate
>pin or signature
>remove card from reader
>return card to wallet

Remember when Visa was running those ads where everything was running quickly and smoothly until some asshole decides to pay with cash and fucks everything up? That's what this is. Especially with the US implementing chip and signature for credit cards instead of chip and pin.
>>
>>51966320
>and they added NFC over the past two years

So the US will get in another ten or fifteen years.

Awesome.
>>
>>51966368
I agree with you, I don't like lewdly ramming my credit card into terminals either. I just think there will eventually be terminals that work without chip and signature (via NFC or something else) because people will get sick of the current shit and capitalism always finds a way.
>>
Is Google Wallet an alternative for Paypal? If not, is there an alternative for it or does Paypal dominate completely?
>>
>>51966344
Google Wallet has this card and allows you to send money to people. Android Pay is for using your phone forNFC payments.
>>
>>51966368
>wave wallet over reader
What if you have multiple cards with NFC?
>>
>>51967397
>multiple cards

Then you're American and the question will soon be moot.
>>
>>51966394
I hate that we've had nfc payments on android devices for ever and nobody trusts it its pushed away by everyone.

Apple pay comes out, Which is the same shit and everyone takes apple pay! (And Google pay)
>>
>>51964688
Not after they took away tap and pay
>>
>>51968456
What was it?
>>
>>51968407
> trusting Google

Shiggy diggy do
>>
>>51964913
In what retarded redneck city are you living in? Here in based Cali I've used Google wallet to pay everywhere without any issue whatsoever. So long as the POS says paid, who gives a fuck how you paid for it?
>>
>>51964913
I live in NY, use Android Pay at least 3-4 times a week and have never had this happen to me.

It's becoming much more commonplace. The only way for people to learn and become more comfortable with the idea is to see others use it.
>>
Fucking stupid ffs
>>
>>51964832
are you retarded?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.