[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick one: 1. Super Smartphone + Console combo >You have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 207x244
Pick one:

1. Super Smartphone + Console combo

>You have a phone, with the best specs from 5-8 years in the future. this phone is essentially your main pc as well, so when you go home you hook it up to a monitor mouse and keyboard. for intensive gaming you have a dedicated console

or

2. dumbphone + super laptop hybrid combo
You have a dumphone for simply calling and nothing else, and you also have a tablet/laptop hybrid, it is extra slim with long battery life and super light (also specs from 5-8 years in the future). when you go home, you can hook it up to a monitor/mouse/keyboard etc and it becomes you desktop pc. and if you want more demanding tasks/games you can simply hook up a eGPU or anything via the [future revolutionary cable] to upgrade the system

Choose wisely, you cannot have any other devices or traditional desktop computer
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>51963609
>>>/chatshitgetbanged/
>>
>>
File: 1450535429455.png (606 KB, 680x967) Image search: [Google]
1450535429455.png
606 KB, 680x967
meme thread?
>>
I'd rather have a T420 "Frankenpad" with upgraded quad-core CPU, 16 GB of RAM, high-end SSD and 802.11ac WiFi, using it solely to shitpost on 4chan on a Gentoo GNU/Linux installation.
>>
>>51963691

So basically option 2 for poorfags
>>
>>51963587
Super laptop hybrid combo, obviously.
>get laptop
>sell laptop to Intel so they can reverse-engineer its advanced processor
>become free from spying
>get free top intel xeon processor, fucking unlocked clock, and 1 percentile silicon that doesn't have unique identifying mark
>get free top intel SSD
>get intel Good Goy gifts
>get a shitton of cash
>build the oppest PC evar and become world famous for creating the processor myself
>>
>>51963833

There's always that one smug gag who thinks he's so smart
>>
>>51964019
some people just don't understand the question.
>>
>>51963587
PC Master Race
>>
>>51963587
I'm a bit stumped, frankly.
I don't really game much, so gaming performance isn't that much of an issue to me.
I don't own a smartphone either, so the prospect of having a super-duper one also doesn't phase me much.
>this phone is essentially your main PC as well
This is pretty much the only part where I have a problem deciding. A laptop would mean I can work with it everywhere, but I can't just stick it in my pocket. A super-smartphone would allow me to do my computing everywhere, at the cost of tiny-ass screen and no physical keyboard unless I was at home.
I guess I'm more suited by the super-laptop idea.
>>
>>51965855

What if in the future we actually revert back to phones with slide in keyboard? If that was the case I'd lean more towards the superphone
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.