[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I shitpost from my terminal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1438974794171.png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438974794171.png
86 KB, 500x500
How do I shitpost from my terminal?
>>
>>51963382
w3m i guess.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W3m

also wasn't there an anon who wanted to make a CLI 4chan client?
that was a really long time ago though, so im sure that was abandoned.
>>
The Lynx webbrowser
It does not have javascript or pictures. so how the captcha is going to run I don't know. you can probably (maybe) still post if you have a 4chan user. At least you can read

http://lynx.invisible-island.net/
>>
>>51963436
>using an outdated web browser
>not using superior links
>>
>>51963582
> Using gnome
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>51964638
I'm a KDE guy myself.
>>
>>51964730
I use xfce. Its okay
>>
>》using a desktop environment
>>
netsurf can be run in a framebuffer if you want a fancy gui on your browser
>>
File: check-em.jpg (5 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
check-em.jpg
5 KB, 165x115
>>51963382
make a dubs getter and set it on cron to post a thumbnail of spiderman saying checkem every 60 seconds in a thread until it autosages.
>>
>>51963382
https://github.com/4chan/4chan-API

get reading senpai
>>
>>51963417
nice sugestion. Does it have javascript support?

>>51964947
not OP, but should be able to whip something up in python real quick
>>
>>51964947
This is why using Linux is bs

you have to program all the cool shit. fuck you I have a life.
>>
Just use curl

https://github.com/4chan/4chan-API
>>
>>51965162
Whereas on Windows you have no option at all because the number of people willing to do that is tiny. They are all doing it on Linux.
>>
Get a 4chan pass and use something like elinks with support for cookies.
>>
All said solutions imply everyone has a 4chan pass. What the hell. Don't be gay.
>>
>>51965294
>Get a 4chan pass
Moot pls
>>
>>51965522
probably because of the captchas.
you can automate the challenge/response.
You can even pre-solve a bunch of captchas and store the keys in an array, then use them as you see fit.
>>
>>51963582
Elinks, links, lynx, or some other text-based browser? What do you /g/entoomen use?
>>
>>51964947
it says read-only API bro
>>
>>51963417
Yeah I'm the guy who was making the CLI client for 4chan
I dropped the idea halfway through reading the json interpreting library documentation
>>
netcat
>>
>>51964638
I love gnome, it just werks!
I have tried every DE in intensive working environments, Gnome3 gets the fuck out of my way and does everything I need. I used it for a few years then tried cinnamon and mate, but it's just too much bullshit imo.

I'm not the type to give a shit what other people use or don't use, but I would love to hear another opinion with context and sober explanation. (probably asking for too much)
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>51964730
Underrated post.
>>
Curl
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.