[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1442153841938.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1442153841938.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
>>51962773
What film is that?
>>
>>51962826
Looks like the same guy who did the IRL Aimbot video.
>>
I foolishly upgraded to El Crapitan 10.11 without a backup. Now my CCleaner doesn't work. Is there an equivalent free tool that will work on 10.11? Thank you.
>>
Is this creepy shit the fault of facerig or some other program whatever made it needs to be destroyed and all copies/source eliminated
>>
>>51962962
Here's something really cool made with facerig.
>>
File: untitledg.png (45 KB, 827x432) Image search: [Google]
untitledg.png
45 KB, 827x432
>>51962996
>>
Need the best freeware Windows Hard drive surface scanner.

>inb4 right click drive "check for errors"
>>
File: 1450270954738.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1450270954738.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>51963006
>>
The video player to use for HEVC movies etc. ?
>>
>>51963021
>>51963006
>>51962996
None of this answers my question i just want to know if that video is the result of facerig or not i had a hell of a time finding webm for retards thanks to github and it put me in a foul mood
>>
>>51963045
probably
>>
>>51962826
It's FreddieW (Freddie Wong)
>>
>>51963052
Then i must eradicate that particular model its the one time i have found yolandi as anything but gorgeous and it creeps me out to no end
>>
I accidentaly too many http requests per second to a website and now my ip was blocked for abuse is this dangerous? Are those bans usually permanent?
>>
Whats the name for the technology were as an alternative to ECC multiple processors run the same program and "vote" on what the correct output is? The sort of thing they put on space probes and whatnot.
>>
I just installed openSUSE leap 42.1 to test it out.

but I can't find the audio setting. Does anybody know where it is?
>>
File: Screenshot of my thread.png (302 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot of my thread.png
302 KB, 1440x2560
Okay someone help me out? Really important
>>
>>51963111
Nevermind found it.
>>
>>51963112
Hit cancel, nothing will happen
>>
>>51963112
Why would you erase free disk space?
>>
>>51963191
to delete the remnants of the deleted files, probably
>>
If I do a surface scan with a program like EasUS Partition Master and it finds ALL sectors are readable and no unreadable errors is that enough to tell me my drive is still good? because I've been getting corrupted files over transfer and I'm starting to think the drive is getting bad sectors but if This thing shows my drive 3 GB is bad-sector free then it's not the drive right?
>>
amd vs intel?

i dunno if I should go bang for my buck or go all in. i'll mostly use the computer for gaming, a bit of streaming, a lot of video and photo editing and rendering.
>>
Hello. I have an asus X553M laptop and i was trying to install linux on it i have try ubuntu lubunt arch mint but every time it stacks but when i try to install windows he let me install it. What can be cost that ?
>>
>>51963240
Intel it is, then.
>>
>>51963240

I say AMD. This is coming from a person with not much money to throw away and also I don't game but to lots of multitasking so more cores helps me a lot more.
>>
Is /sqt/ dead now that there is /wsr/?
>>
>>51963277
What?
>>
File: Capture.png (17 KB, 714x153) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17 KB, 714x153
>>51963319
From >>>/wsr/
>>
Where are the sound options on leap 42.1
>>
I've got Unbuffered ECC RAM which I'm trying to test with Memtest86+.

I let it run for a while, but when I came back now the server displayed the usual screen for after it has booted up normally, indicating that the test had been aborted at some point and the server rebooted.

How fucked am I?

I've started another test, btw, but I'm sitting in front of it now just in case something happens.
>>
>>51963438
Could be a faulty power supply
>>
>>51963455
Could that explain random (sometimes rare, sometimes a little more frequent) freezing without any logs at random times?
>>
>>51963455
>>51963469
That is to say it freezes so bad that even watchdog (hardware) doesn't work, and sometimes it switches itself off despite the settings in BIOS being such that it should power on if the power cord is connected to a socket.
>>
>>51963181
Anyone second this
>>
Oh fuck, it just rebooted randomly!

>>51963438
>>51963455
>>
Anyone knows what this icon is? It appeared in the top-right corner of my screen shortly after I opened my computer (running Windows 7), over other windows, and it doesn't appear on screenshots. I checked all users' processes in the task manager, the list of installed programs, did an antivirus scan with Malwarebytes, found nothing weird. When I removed some old program while doing this and got a UAC prompt it disappeared and came back right after, and it finally disappeared after I opened a Firefox window. I guess it might have something to do with Steam as it does weird overlay things, or GeForce Experience, or maybe the monitor itself (an Asus PB278Q) but really I have no idea.
>>
>>51963552
I might be a moron. I'll try and disable watchdog. Might be the reason for the reboot (after I've tested to see if it is).
>>
>>51963552
Normally, Memtest is able to handle errors in RAM without much issue. The issue could also be with your motherboard (power socket).
>>
File: 20151220_100326.jpg (49 KB, 816x797) Image search: [Google]
20151220_100326.jpg
49 KB, 816x797
>>51963596
4chan ate my pic
Sorry for low quality, it's supposed to look like two arrows and a red bar over it, something that could mean "updates are disabled" or something.
>>
>>51963640
Can't see shit. Can't you take screenshot?
>>
>>51963619
I would disable everything that isn't required for the system to boot and see if that fixes it and then re enable them one by one until I find what the issue is.
>>
>>51963640
Sounds like something with your monitor
>>
I can get a FX 8300 from AMDs website for $87

I can sell my FX-6300 on eBay for $90

Is it worth the trouble to buy the 8300?
>>
>>51963677
Yeah, turns out I was a moron. Rebooted exactly when expected.
>>
Samshit tablet with 4.4.2 here:
Chrome slows down to a crawl a few days after installation. Pressing a link takes 5+ seconds to start loading. Bandwidth monitor only shows a few hundred bytes of activity during the slow down. I get this with other browsers too sometimes. Reinstalling solves it for a few days.

Tried factory reset, different routers and configs, wifi security etc. All other devices are fast as fuck like they should be because 100mbit down line.
>>
>>51963668
Like I said it doesn't appear on screenshots.

>>51963686
The weird thing is that it disappeared during the UAC prompt and when I opened a Firefox windows, so I'm not too sure about that.
>>
I am an end user retard, What kills SSDs?

the actual raw volume of writes (e.g 75TB write life mixed large / small writes)

or

smaller write operations in general (IRC logs writing to disk once a second and other gay small shit)?

tl;dr
Are small writes still horrible for modern SSD's or does it all get put into RAM cache on the disk and written in larger blocks now?
>>
>>51963888
no. modern ssd's last longer than hdd's no matter how you treat them.
>>
Is there a way to know the original address for blogs on sites like wordpress or tumblr that are using a custom domain?
>>
>>51963914
Most of the time you can view the page source and find it somewhere in there.
>>
>>51963911
Thanks, I hover between 7-40gb writes a day and was just curious if moving logs off disk would help.
>>
>>51963888
unless you're writing 24/7, it really doesn't matter. you'll replace them long before they break because of wear.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-01-17-23-20.png (748 KB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-01-17-23-20.png
748 KB, 1600x2560
>>51963888
Pretty much how many times each cell gets written to as far as I know. Sooner or later cells start to fail.

I have a 4+ year old ssd with about 15tb writes and its still fine. Its, an old OZC, not exactly renowned for lots of writes.

Pic related, 25000 hours on time. This cost me about £130 back then and today you get 500gb ones for that price.

If you buy one now you will most likely upgrade or replace the ssd before it fails. You get decent warranty today too compared to 5 years ago.
>>
Why usb sticks are always in FAT? Maybe NTFS has an overhead so big that on an -usually- small storage makes a significant percentage?
Also how can I know if an USB2.0 is enough for playing an high quality video? Should I see bit rate of video + audio (the one I'll hear in case of multiple stream)?
>>
So my old Vaio Pro 13 has been replaced and I'm left wondering how I can get use of the PCIe SSD inside it...

The reason why I'm not selling it (the laptop) is because it's kinda half-broken.
>>
>>51963949
That's interesting. Couldn't find much though.
>>
File: 9001 hours in ms paint.png (298 KB, 1107x433) Image search: [Google]
9001 hours in ms paint.png
298 KB, 1107x433
Is it possible to do this?
Or with wifi?
>>
Do anyone else have problem for
https://www.bing.com/?mkt=en-us
?
It's a couple of days I can't see anything on it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>51964173
stop using bing, faggot
>>
>>51964102
Just google how to open the fucker and get that shit out of it?
>>
>>51964185
Stop being a tsundere
>>
>>51964167
>Is it possible to do this?
Yes. You just need to share the computer's internet connection by allowing other devices to connect through its unused NIC.
>Or with wifi?
Depends on the wireless card, some support broadcast mode and can pretend to be a router, others don't.

Assuming Windows and wired solution, you just go to Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings -> right-click on the adapter connected to the internet -> Properties -> Sharing -> Enable sharing and pick the adapter you want to share.

For wireless it's a little different since you need to set up an SSID first, look up "windows as a hotspot" or something
>>
I have a Razer Blade laptop. I left it in the cold car by accident overnight. Temps were to the point where the windows and rest of the car were frosting up. I took inside and it was forming condensation for 5 or so mins but after that it stopped. Works fine. Dont see any problems. Would there be any problems caused by this.
>>
can I put a whole milk package into the microwave to heat it up instead of doing that mug by mug?
or would it explode?

Not plastic bottle, but those partial paper and plastic thing packages.
>>
>>51964074
>Why usb sticks are always in FAT?
My guess is compatibility. NTFS is fine too, barely any difference for the average user.
>Also how can I know if an USB2.0 is enough for playing an high quality video?
Define high quality. I doubt they will exceed 30mbyte/s but if it does you'll run into stuttering obviously. So yes, look at bitrate.
>>
>>51964236
Not if you let it dry before turning it on again.
>>
>>51964238
This might be a stupid question thread but dont just shitpost about shit thats not /g/ related
>>
>>51964252
>angry he didn't post Linux/winblows/Mac questions
>microwaves aren't technology

What's wrong anon?
>>
>>51964252
It's a genuine question.

I'm not sure if it could kill my microwave.
I don't know where else to ask.
>>
>>51964251
What would that do?
>>
>>51964188
It's a PCIe SSD. Where would it fit? It's small as a motherfucker.
>>
>>51964272
... Prevent potential liquid damage ?
I know this thread is for stupid questions but cmon
>>
>>51964272
Some electronics can survive a bit of water providing its fully dry when turning on again. You'll short circuit the fuck out of it if it's wet and gets powered on.
>>
>>51964272
DONT DO THIS ANON

IT CREATES MUSTARD GAS
>>
>>51964226
Do I need third party software for the wifi?
It seems that all of the 'tutorials' use some random crap for it.
>>
>>51964333
I remember windows not making it particularly easy but it should be possible without 3rd party software.
>>
>>51964333
No, but you need a wireless card/adapter that supports broadcast mode.
Use this guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-WiFi-Hotspot-Using-the-Command-Prompt
>>
Bit of a long winded post here, because im just going to paste it from the toms hardware post i just made, but im trying to be as thorough as possible in the OP.

So I recently just built a new rig and installed Windows 7 on it. Everything appeared to be working fine for about 3 days, when I awoke this morning I found my monitor was blank. I restarted the computer and got to the windows log in screen where as soon as I logged in, the screen blanked out and I received "DVI No Signal". I immediately went into troubleshooting mode, first trying to use my mobo gpu with the DVI, and received similar results(it appears to be random, though, sometimes it will disconnect after the post screen, sometimes right as i log in, and sometimes after ive been logged in and using applications(browsing and such) for about 10 minutes). 10-15 minutes appears to be the longest time i've been able to be on before it suddenly disconnects.

I have tried 2 different monitors(BenQGW2450 and Asus VE248), all of the input combinations available(dvi/vga/hdmi) and all combinations of the 2 monitors and the onboard gpu and my dedicated gpu(GeForce gtx580). All combinations provide relatively similar results, albeit all random as mentioned in the above paragraph.

This leads me to believe that the issue either lies within the bios, or within the OS itself. As I was writing this post I attempted to leave the PC at the Windows log in screen to see if it would sit idle there, and within about 10 minutes it was randomly disconnected again. I have made NO changes to the BIOS or any changes to display settings within Windows since it was installed, and have the newest drivers from nvidia for my GTX 580.

SPECS:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64b SP1
Gigabyte z97x Gaming 7
Intel I7-4790k
GeForce GTX 580
Samsung EVO 850
XFX 750w PRO

Any ideas? I'm pretty stumped at the moment.
>>
>>51964436
Try reinstalling windows?

Your troubleshooting doesn't leave much left other than motherboard/CPU/ram. CPU and ram being the unlikely culprit in my eyes.

Got a different CPU? Tried different ram or removing one of you have two? Got the latest BIOS?
>>
>>51964278
Can you not just google the machine spec's? If you know where it's supposed to be it don't matter what size the fucker is
>>
>>51964436
Forgot to say, check the event viewer.
>>
>>51964436
Try booting a live Linux distribution. If it's stable its most likely windows being a prick.
>>
File: hotdrive.png (336 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hotdrive.png
336 KB, 1366x768
What's the maximum temp for an HDD? Pic related shows my external getting upwards of 51C while copying ~109gb of files. Should I be worried? What are the best ways to get the temps cooler? Point a fan at it?
>>
File: 1287211787378.gif (451 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1287211787378.gif
451 KB, 500x500
>>51964397
>>51964363
Ok, great, thanks.
Got the wifi working,
How do I change the security on it from wpa2 to wpa/whatever?

And sharing with the NIC automatically allows them to connect with the cable? Haven't tested it yet.
>>
>>51964502
It's supposed to be in a mini PCIe slot, which is a slot which exists in the half-broken laptop I got it from, but there are no such desktop slots.

I did find a mPCIe to USB 3.0 adapter on Ebay, but I have no idea if any of that will work.
>>
File: young.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
young.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>51964508
Ah yeah, forgot to check that
>>51964516
That was my next logical step, I've got somewhere to be in about 30m though so figured I'd go ahead and post and see if there was something i wasn't seeing before I had to delve into all that shit later in the day.

>>51964491
Thanks for the info, i DO have another cpu i could test, that'll take some time though. I guess I'll try a linux live CD first and see if i just need to reinstal windows.

Not sure if it's bad form to ask this here, but can anyone direct me to the best W7 ultimate 64b iso? Don't need a direct link, but some direction would be nice. I used the July 2015 SP1 magnet from TPB, the uploader appeared to be respectable enough, but you never know with OS iso's. I've ran into a few janky ones in the past and thought i'd finally found a good one, but i guess that's to be decided. Unfortunately I am not a part of any private tracker and I know typically thats the best place for OS's an Applications.

Also update, since i started writing this post I reset cmos and it booted right up no issues and im sitting in windows now for i'd say about 10 minutes. Let's see what happens. I plan on leaving it up when I go so hopefully it wont be disconnected when i get back after a few hours. If this thread is still up i'll report back.
>>
>>51964173
I can't see anything but can access the source page, how can I download the image of the day? I can retrieve https://www.bing.com/az/hprichbg/rb/BraunschweigXmasMarket_EN-US10194812048_1920x1080.jpg but this is the low quality image (if you go on the bottom right you usually see 'Download image' on the info for the full image). I already tried a vanilla browser.
>>
I have Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi, anyone know how to graphic disable because i fucked up and have it only available for guest only i just wanna get back to the console and fix what i fucked up
>>
>>51964589
Yeah, looks like I'm right. Seeing a lot of this in the adapters description:
"The product only support mSATA Mini PCIE SSD, it dose not support SATA Mini PCIE SSD and PATA Mini PCIE SSD"

How annoyingly complicated.
>>
File: how2lan.png (39 KB, 523x174) Image search: [Google]
how2lan.png
39 KB, 523x174
>>51964565
>How do I change the security on it from wpa2 to wpa/whatever?
Dunno, sorry.

>And sharing with the NIC automatically allows them to connect with the cable?
You can only share one NIC with one other NIC or bridge.
I actually used pic related for my main router for a couple of years, though I don't think you can bridge a wired connection with a wireless connection.
>>
>>51964696
I have Minibian on mine. So I can't help.
>>
>>51964436
If you can ever get a Speccy screenshot, that would be helpful. Otherwise this is more of a Windows/driver issue. If you can get into Windows, wipe the current GPU driver with

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And install a much older version. Also prevent Windows update from updating it.

If you need a Windows ISO here is some

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>>
File: halp.jpg (13 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
13 KB, 219x230
>>51962773
Just installed new Crimson AMD Driver and was playing with VSR
My native resolution is 1080p,with VSR i can change it to 1440p but the problem is when I change it to 1440 everything just gets blurred
Is there a way i can sharp my display up? or is it normal
>>
>>51964719
Damn, thats one of the Raspbian variants isnt it? How do you like it compared to Linux?
>>
>>51964760
>Is there a way i can sharp my display up?
Yeah, by not downscaling from 1440. It's normal, go back to native resolution.
If you want to use VSR for anti-aliasing, you should do 4k and nothing less.
>>
>>51964760
>My native resolution is 1080p,with VSR i can change it to 1440p but the problem is when I change it to 1440 everything just gets blurred
Do you have brain damage or were you born stupid?
>Is there a way i can sharp my display up? or is it normal
>native resolution is 1080p
You literally snaked in an answer to your own question
>>
>>51964785
It's pretty decent and minimal as fuck. Perfect for my use-case (just a simple mailserver).
>>
>>51964074
>Also how can I know if an USB2.0 is enough for playing an high quality video?
touch /mnt/USB-Drive/test
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mnt/USB-Drive/test bs=8k count=10000; sync;
dd if=test of=/dev/null

>>51964524
51C is heavy use hot, but not unsafe hot.
>>
I'm having trouble making my headphones and speakers play the same audio stream simultaneously.
Speakers are plugged into the back panel, and headphones in the front panel. I want them to play the same audio stream at them same time. I got this to work before, but now no matter what I do it just refuses to play the same stream at once, I either have to keep plugging and unplugging the headphones to switch it, or manually change the default playback devices to switch it.

How do I do this?
>>
>>51964799
well yeah but it seems like there is no reason to use VSR?
why would one use it then?
>>
File: 9ejfoiasd.png (35 KB, 854x387) Image search: [Google]
9ejfoiasd.png
35 KB, 854x387
>>51964711
>though I don't think you can bridge a wired connection with a wireless connection.
It's fine, it shows as wired anyway.

Crap, how do I even... I don't know what I'm doing, apparently.
>>
we now have a tech support board, this thread is deprecated
/wsr/
>>
File: tmp_1450585323217s1449192847.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1450585323217s1449192847.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
What's /g/'s approved messaging app? I'm looking for something that has an android app, a lightweight web client for PC and no botnet. Used to be Telegram. Any other alternative?
>>
>>51964843
Anti-aliasing is the intended use, read >>51964796
>If you want to use VSR for anti-aliasing, you should do 4k and nothing less.
>>
>>51964843
I think it's more for virtualization of what could be 1440p, or for recording 1440p videos without a quad HD monitor.

It's not for general use, though. As the other anon said if you're trying for some sort of AA in games you should use 4k, because it is a multiple of 1080p. It would reduce blurring. But also note 4k is extremely resource consuming
>>
>>51964524
I remember mine getting 66C, and every summer would hit about 60C. It still works after years of this shit.
>>
>>51964866
oh fuck
>Asking for tech support or help with your homework.
This only means there are two places to post it now, until it's outlawed here.
Do you think people will actually go there specifically to be tech support?
>>
>>51964866
way too much effort.
here it's one thread I need to observe.

I don't want to refresh the catalog every time and have to look out for threads I can help with.
>>
File: 1446246381795.jpg (29 KB, 271x456) Image search: [Google]
1446246381795.jpg
29 KB, 271x456
Do you approve of this budget build, or is there something in here that's too shit? My budget is around $800.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Socket 1150 Box
RAM: Corsair XMS3 Vengeance DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 4x4GB
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX, Socket 1150
PSU: Cooler Master B700 V2 700W ATX 80+ Bronze
Graphics: GeForce GT 320, already have and can't afford another
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (White)
>>
File: 1448483460413.jpg (341 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448483460413.jpg
341 KB, 1067x1600
>>51964866
The board will die or get flooded with normies. This thread is top kek and here to stay
>>
>>51964845
nevermind, I guess it doesn't even matter now that wifi works
>>
File: Speggy.jpg (111 KB, 1059x938) Image search: [Google]
Speggy.jpg
111 KB, 1059x938
>>51964652
>>51964508
Checked the event veiwer, Went back to last night around 2 am when I went to bed and everything was dandy, and to about 10:30 this morning which is around the time I woke up. That's where I start seeing me shutting the PC down manually and such so I get critical warnings and such. For the period in between 2:00-10:30 am, The only system errors im seeing is :
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_&PROD_&REV_PMAP#070B529459828971&0#.

And the only application error im seeing between that time frame is :

TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I don't think those are at all related though, could be wrong but the it just doesn't seem display related at all.

Update: It's been about 25ish minutes now, browsing away, loading up apps n shit to see what happens. Everything looks pretty good so far, nothing recent or current in event logs either.

>>51964751
Thanks alot for the link bud much appreciated. I'll make sure to set windows to not update the graphics drivers, and if it happens again i'll go ahead and wipe and install older drivers. Think ill let it ride for now and see how she acts.

Heres the speccy for the parts involved.
>>
>>51964931
I don't support that GPU, the onboard is stronger than that shit. I also don't like Asrock motherboards
>>
>>51964845
You make a bridge if you need to share several wired connections. The bridge cannot include the NIC that is connected to the internet, and it cannot include a NIC that is already shared.
>>
File: One arm toes to bar.webm (391 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
One arm toes to bar.webm
391 KB, 460x460
1. When using youtube-dl to download from youtube, why does it uses the DASH to download audio and video then combine them?

2. I want to mass convert a bunch of files in a directory with ffmpeg
is the correct?
for f in *.flac
do
ffmpeg -i "$f" -a:c libmp3lame -a:b 128k "${f%.flac}.mp3"
done

3.I want to create some webms for /gif/, I'm on T420 with Core i5, so what varible should I use to get webms fast and good?
>>
Hey, I got one of those bitlocker-like viruses.

I don't give a shit about decrypting all my porn and game saves (lolsteamcloud).

Just wondering if there's any quick way to clean up all these .vvv files and "how to decrypt" files everywhere.

I ran Malwarebytes, and Avast free, they said they got rid of all the threats. Should I just reformat?
>>
>>51964989
System files were replaced and deleted. You have to reformat
>>
Is it somehow bad for a laptop LCD screen to always run a video player in one corner while the rest of the screen mostly has a static image?
>>
>>51965001
>>51965010
Lame. Thanks guys.
>>
>>51964951
Ok, what motherboard would you recommend for poorfags?
>>
>>51965012
install mpc-hc
open a video with it
press 1
select 'always on top' in the options
resize window to your liking
>>
>>51964962
DASH has audio and video separated, with much higher quality, so it's good that it uses it to download.
muxed files only go up to 720p

no idea about loonix.

there's some guides on the wiki for converting gifs to webm.
>>
>>51964244
>NTFS is fine too
Converting from FAT to NTFS should I leave everything on default?
>>
>>51965044
I'm running the player in a corner deliberately and have no problems resizing the window, I just wanted to know if it could be harmful for the screen if I always do this.
>>
Lumia 640 or Lumia 550?
>>
>>51965083
Get a cheap Android phone instead. High-end phones are shit and really only marginally better than mid-range ones.
>>
File: the fug.jpg (34 KB, 591x437) Image search: [Google]
the fug.jpg
34 KB, 591x437
>>51964950
>>51964751

Update here: was on for about 25 minutes, and right as I was about to install Driver Uninstaller, BAM, lost connection. So i reset cmos and installed Driver uninstaller real quick, when find this. Apparently I've installed VNC mirror driver at some point? I think that may have happend during my Ninite packing. I assume I should just wipe this all off and reinstall my gpu drivers. Will that also wipe it off the mobo gpu as well?
>>
File: 1342031785498.gif (2 MB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1342031785498.gif
2 MB, 394x394
>>51962773
This was an enjoyable webm.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask how I can get my MetroPCS sim card to work in an unlocked GSM windows phone.
>>
What's the best Rom for my Xperia Z Ultra?
>>
>>51965066
oh, i completely misread that sorry. no, this should not be a problem.
>>
>>51965113
>I assume I should just wipe this all off and reinstall my gpu drivers.
Yes
>Will that also wipe it off the mobo gpu as well?
No. But I don't think the iGPU is the problem
>>
>>51964813
Sweet, mines going to be a voice automated home security system i just have to name it still
>>
>>51965109
I had android for years. I want something more stable and that'll make me more productive and I don't use apps at all
>>
>>51965123
Easy gpe rom lol, i heard google will release marshmallow version
>>
File: Pi_2_Model_B.png (115 KB, 688x361) Image search: [Google]
Pi_2_Model_B.png
115 KB, 688x361
My new RPi2 model B's HDMI output is blanking out randomly and not working again until I power it off and back on. I can still ssh into it after that happens.
I've tried Raspbian "jessie" & "wheezy", Ubuntu MATE, and Arch Linux ARM. Tried different TVs, microSD cards, and HDMI signal boost of 4.
Is the VideoCore bad? Do I need a replacement?
>>
What do i use to plug my speakers into this thing?
>>
>>51965194
hory shet you are dumb
>>
What is unread badges in the nova launcher menu?
>>
File: eBWFGSy.png (240 KB, 444x604) Image search: [Google]
eBWFGSy.png
240 KB, 444x604
>>51965206
Yas
>>
>>51965046
>DASH has audio and video separated, with much higher quality, so it's good that it uses it to download.
muxed files only go up to 720p
I see, But then doesn't muxing the end result decrease the quality?
>there's some guides on the wiki for converting gifs to webm.
I figured it out.
4chan allow vp8 only.
ffmpeg uses vp9 by default now.
anyway the wiki says that I shoud set audio codec to libvorbis.
Also what about decent bitrate? I've set it to 1M but I end up with a file several times bigger than the original.
>>
>>51965131
I see. My only concern was that im experiencing it on my igpu as well. But i guess if i just remove the driver off the os that would take care of it full stop anyways. Im an idiot.
>>
File: 5channels.jpg (22 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
5channels.jpg
22 KB, 500x330
>>51965194
You loosen the knobs, push stripped wire in between the knob and the receiver, and then tighten the knobs
>>
File: 1448899342183.png (381 KB, 509x415) Image search: [Google]
1448899342183.png
381 KB, 509x415
How do I terminate a process without pc restart if not even taskkill /f /im in cmd works and what does the /im stand for

thank you
>>
Anyone knows about a good ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+? I tried the Android threads but it's just buried in the arguments of <insert opinion based topic>
>>
>>51964893
Signal
https://whispersystems.org/
>>
>>51963701
It wouldn't be to me, its not much of a performance gain but if you are the poorest of poorfags and won't upgrade for 3 more years, then yeah id go for it
>>
File: 1445045392274.jpg (14 KB, 203x250) Image search: [Google]
1445045392274.jpg
14 KB, 203x250
>>51965244
Thank you, looked like i needed banana contacts but this clears everything up-
>>
>>51965296
You can use banana plugs, but it makes no difference. It is more convenient with the plugs, but i can't imagine a purpose to constantly unplug the speaker wire
>>
>>51964703
Guess you're gonna have to sell it to someone who has that slot on their pc/laptop or if it's the content of it you're after borrow a friends with one.
Pain in the balls though eh
>>
>>51965053
Yeah m8
>>
>>51965237
muxing just copies audio and video stream together, nothing gets converted.

for 1M bitrate you get 1Megabit per second.
based on your file length set it to something that does not exceed the upload limit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-19_00-17-33.png (199 KB, 281x590) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-19_00-17-33.png
199 KB, 281x590
How do I split a video with ffmpeg into multiple 2 minutes videos?
>>
So I am able to upgrade my LG G3 this Jan 1st. What is a good step up?
>>
>>51965275
none yet. Give it a year.
>>
>>51965378
lolwut
>>
>>51965310
Hmmmm after utilization of google fu I expect any netbook should have a slot. Or any newer motherboard i guess
>>
>>51965388
wut wut it's a question?
>>
Now that /wsr/ has been made, do we need /sqt/ anymore?
>>
>>51965378
>>
>>51965378
unless battery is failing don't do it. If you insist, Xperia Z5.
>>
>>51965400
G3 is a flagship device that outranks a majority of phones being released to date. This is no upgrade. You can certainly switch to lets say a G4, but there's no benefits
>>
Whats the best version of Firefox?
>>
>>51965413
>>51965417
Alright Thanks.
>>
>>51965402
no.>>51965420
>>
Why does limiting upload speed on Deluge cripple my download speed? Uploading kills my internet speed so I want it to be lower than usual. What can I put it on without limiting download speed?
>>
>>51965420
Palemoon
>>
Is the newest 2015 15 inch macbook pro good for editing?
>>
>>51965436
I use Deluge and I don't have that problem. I set upload speed at 1kbps when I'm using the internet and unlimited when I'm not.
>>
>>51965464
What settings do you use?
>>
>>51965385
Yeah kind of guessed so, thanks
>>
>>51965448
editing what? video?

get blender. It's free and way superior to any mac-based paid software.
>>
>>51965469
downloads unlimited, uploads posted above. All else default
>>
>>51965477
Yeah, video. I use Premier.
>>
>>51965525
check Blender on whatever you have right now. Be amazed.
>>
File: 2015-12-20_19-09-26.png (33 KB, 506x609) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_19-09-26.png
33 KB, 506x609
>>51965493
These are mine
>>
Alright I am a windows baby and retarded.

What is a good program (with a retard friendly GUI) that allows me to select a billion folders as inputs, click a button and it will make a back up? I am literally just dragging individual folders in explorer right now like a retard.

These features would be nice:

- incremental backup
- compression
>>
>>51964185
Stop using png for screenshots.

PNG for accurate lossless images.
JPG for 99% compressed pictures that don't need high resolution.
>>
>>51965783
use control key and a
this selects everything
then control c to copy or control x to cut
then control v to paste (wherever you wanna paste)
>>
I now have three computers in three different locations, 20km apart from eachother and syncing files is becoming problematic. Whats the easiest way to fix this?
>>
>>51965962
Would running my most powerful computer 24/7 and use my other 2 computers to SSH into that one be a smart option?
>>
>>51965962
bring them closer together
>>
>>51965953
Yeah, I know.
But they are in billions places like:

C:\users
E:\Porn
C:\family pictures

etc.

Would be nice to build an input list of directories and files once and just hit a button, have it transfer everything in one operation, compress it, and create and incremental back up.
>>
>>51965937
I don't care, I posted that as proof.
He didn't even have to open it.
>>
I'm trying to download the /h/ image archive from archive.moe's image dump, because for some reason I feel that I want 89GB of hentai.

The dump is in the form of 10 ~10GB tars of images. The tars are named

h-images.tar.aa
h-images.tar.ab
h-images.tar.ac

etc.

I assumed that the .aa, .ab., .ac, ect was just used to alphabetize the archives, but now I'm wondering if it's a way of tying them all together like people used to do with multiple RARs. I'm wondering this because whenever I try to unarchive one I get an "unexpected end of archive" error. By the time I get this error, many images have been unarchived, but I'm guessing the process hasn't been completed, as there are lots of empty folders in the end.

Also, if anybody know the naming scheme they used for the folders in the archive (seems to be four digit numbers for folders, maybe last 4 digits of OP?) or if there's a single torrent for the whole /h/ dump (the only torrent on the site is 20GB, less than a fourth of the total dump.
>>
>>51966021
>>51965783
just clone the hard drive with easeus todo backup. there are guides for it and it's pretty straight forward
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_release_history

When did Firefox officially turn to absolute shit?
What was the final release before the UI changed to how it looks now?
When was the turnover from fast, responsive, no-bullshit; to bloated, bully, bullcrap?

I want to download the last good Firefox browser and use that.
I downloaded a random one (v26) and it looks good and responds nicely.
I just want to go up to just before it falls apart.
>>
>>51966197
nightly is the fastest most responsive browser on the market
>>
Best monitor for 1080p gayning under 300 burger dollars.
>>
>>51966224
It performs like trash on my computer, trust me. I don't see any reason staying with the most up-to-date if there are no benefits for me. The add-ons all work on older versions.
>>
>>51966246
at least use the esr version, unless you really, really want to expose your pc to exploits
>>
>>51966258
I've downloaded the most recent ESR version, but haven't tried it out yet. Version 38 I remember was slow as fuck, so most likely I won't be using ESR either. I'm on OS X if it makes a difference.
>>
How in the fuck do you disable Windows automatic disk encryption or whatever the fuck it is? I just spent the last several hours moving from Windows 10 to 8.1 to 7, checking the event viewer, and googling problems. Apparently even if you do a PSID revert to disable the encryption on an SSD Windows, starting with 8/8.1, has it's own bullshit that's enabled automatically even if you have bitlocker turned off. It keeps causing errors and I don't know what the fuck to do. There's even a registry key to disable it but it didn't work.
>>
After building myself quite the decent desktop I decided to install Windows on it because I hadn't used it in a long time and I figured I'd play some games.
Problem is I forgot to take the HDD out before installing it on my SSD and Windows had the great idea of installing the bootloader on the one empty drive I decided not to install the OS on.
I tried to get it on the SSD but to no avail, the whole despite being marked as active, bootable in the Windows disk manager doesn't let me actually partition and install the bootloader in it.
Also, after using it for a few weeks I've noticed how much I need Linux for productivity and I'm thinking of shrinking the SSD partition and installing something light in there.

Anyway, here comes the retarded question. Would GRUB be able to completely replace the Windows booting partition that's currently parked in my other drive?
>>
>>51963240

budget?

I'd get a 5820 if I were you.
>>
>>51966493

probably a grand to 1.4.
>>
Which 980 Ti is better /g/?

A: http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-GV-N98TG1-Gaming-Graphics/dp/B00ZJP9DMC/

or B: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Installed-Backplate-Graphics-06G-P4-4995-KR/dp/B00YDAYOK0/
>>
>>51966406
It's not enabled by default, your version of Windows is corrupted probably by Malware.
>>
>>51966460
>Would GRUB be able to completely replace the Windows booting partition that's currently parked in my other drive?
Could it? Yes. Should you? No. The minute you realize you no longer need Linux you can't remove Linux without destroying GRUB and your Windows partition. You could use a disk clone utility and clone the boot partition onto an empty partition you create beforehand on the SSD. I doubt that will work, you will probably have to reinstall Windows.
>>
>>51966541
They're so similar you wouldn't see a difference. I like the Gigabyte one more, though
>>
How much can i get for a 6 month used gtx 750ti if i were to sell it now?
>>
>>51966739

I'm not sure. I verified the hash with the MSDN Downloads and it checked out. Not to mention that it was also happening on a clean install with an official Windows 10. From what I've found on Google it's just a common problem on Crucial SSDs. Someone suggested changing the registry value before I get to the disk partition manager during the Windows installation but I don't know how to do it. Every time I tried it just showed that it "couldn't find the path specified" when I tried to edit the registry key.
>>
>>51966538
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bTzQmG
>>
>>51966858
Did you try disabling it in PC settings? If you're willing to re install disable secure boot. That should prevent Windows from being able to do any encryption
>>
I read the sticky and I know this isn't a troubleshooting board, but I figured this thread was the appropriate venue to channel all the retards like me. I've tried googling it but all the results tell me the same thing and that thing doesn't work.

My system time in the bottom right reads the correct time. However almost every other program reads the wrong time. Steam timestamps half the posts 3 hours earlier than it is, chrome seems to have a similar issue with timestamping (websites will tell me a post that just happened happened "three hours ago"), my screen dimmer triggers 3 hours early, etc.
I'm fucking stumped. I've tried resetting my system time but it didn't do anything. I reformatted my PC a few weeks ago so I seriously can't think of what it could be. Googling it just gives me people troubleshooting for their windows clock being wrong.
>>
File: schifovita.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
schifovita.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
>>51966780
>They're so similar you wouldn't see a difference. I like the Gigabyte one more, though
I don't fucking understand this shit though, when I installed W10 I had both the HDD and the SSD formatted and plugged in and I chose the SSD for everything but it still decided my boot partition had to be on the HDD for some diabolic reason and I've been trying to generate another on the SSD but to no avail.
>>
>>51966921

I disabled secure boot. I've tried everything. This is absolute bullshit and it's driving me insane.
>>
>>51964931

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4xbbmG

around $700 with GPU and case
>>
>>51966948
How do you know it is encrypted? What version of 10/8.1 (ie did you try a version that does not include bitlocker)
>>
I want to make a backup of my windows installation right after installing it and all the necessary drivers, so that in the hypothetical scenario where my windows install fucks up or whatever I can simply restore that backup from an external source instead of reinstalling the OS

How do I do this?
>>
Is there any possible way to use a laptop screen as a monitor for game consoles/other computers? I was thinking about buying a monitor for my consoles, but if I could just use my laptops screen I could save some cash.
>>
>>51966945
Windows does it for autistic reasons. You can't create a new one on the SSD. The only one you have is on the HDD, besides moving it over, there is nothing you can do
>>
>>51965783

I find Total Commander particularly useful for moving files around, get a hold of the hotkeys, select black background with green letters and you'll feel like a complete 1337 h4xx0r
>>
>>51966979
https://alternativeto.net/software/acronis-true-image/

You pick one
>>
>>51966984
>Is there any possible way to use a laptop screen as a monitor for game consoles/other computers?
Nope
>>
How come 2 980 ti's have trouble running games at 1080p
>>
>>51966972

I'm not exactly sure what it is yet. I believe it's something called Microsoft eDrive that's causing the problem and it's related to bitlocker but has some sort of different implementation starting with Windows 8. I'm on a copy of 7 Ultimate right now with bitlocker and those same Auth/Write errors aren't appearing in the event viewer right now. I'm about to try a standard 8.1 installation with no bitlocker right now though.
>>
i am building my first pc tomorrow, are there any special things i should know?
>>
if i'm gonna use an SSD for OS and a hdd for data hoarding, does the hdd have to be plugger when installing windows or can i connect it later and it will just autoinstall drivers and work

i've never done multiple drives before
>>
Is Ninite good to use? I'm reverting back to Win7 and thought I'd give it a try. Also, which antivirus (included in Ninite) shoud I use?
>>
How do I learn enough to build my own PC?
I don't want to have to ask /g/ every time.
>>
>>51967049

Are you using a CPU from 2002?
>>
>>51967069
The guide in the install gentoo wiki is pretty robust, just learn all of that and find the parts most suitable for your wallet.
>>
>>51967049

Terrible game optimization
Hardware bottleneck
Insufficient power/PSU problem
Driver problems

The list goes on.
>>
>>51967081
SLI via PCIe wasn't a thing then. not until at least 2004.
>>
>>51967064

You can just plug it in later. Just make sure you go to "Disk Management" and initialize it though so it shows up under Windows Explorer.
>>
So I'm using chromium on loonix and after a while it hangs, well not really hang but slows down to the point it not longer renders pages.

It seems to happen more often when my laptop has gone to sleep, but just having it running also does the same thing, no memory leak or high cpu, just slows the fuck down for no reason.

any clues? btw this is a X120e
>>
>>51966999
Can I even move it? The new one I tried to make I can't set bootable since I already have an active partition on the SSD which is the C volume but I can't that mark as unactive because it tells me it's not a fixed MBR device or something.

How would I go to move it over? Gparted? DD? Some other Windows incredible piece of software? A ballpoint pen?

I mean I'm pretty sure that even if I did copy Windows wouldn't let me set that as the bootable partition as it doesn't with the one I'm trying to make, no?

I get paid to administrate systems, I'm a computer engineer and I can't get my consumer OS to do the simplest thing I want it to do, such joy.

And thanks anyway buddy.
>>
>>51967064
>i've never done multiple drives before
DO NOT have the Hdd plugged in when you install Windows or what happened to me will happen to you.

See
>>51966460
>>
I want to buy Kyocera Brigadier and use it in europe (i am not american)
Can I do it? From what i've seen they are verizon locked, is there any way to unlock them ?
Do i even need to unlock them?

I want it to work with local networks.
>>
>>51967162
I'm a network admin and Windows baffles me everyday. You could try a program like EaseUS (paid) or Minitool partition wizard (free) and try cloning the partition like I suggested before. It won't work with GPT disks though. and I don't have a lot of faith it will work desu

I'm not 100% sure what you should clone based on your picture. I understand you have tried to recreate it but obviously it still resides somewhere on the HDD. It may be that second 100MB partition, and possible the bootmgr file on the main HDD partition
>>
>>51967250

The 100MB Healthy Efi System Partition in Disk 0 is the one I'm booting from at the moment, D: is my attempt on recreating it but failing miserably. I think I'll just leave it like this and use a VM for productivity since I have a really beefy machine, I don't really want to get angry at a machine.
>>
File: 1438058420198.gif (2 MB, 328x323) Image search: [Google]
1438058420198.gif
2 MB, 328x323
>In the market for a Chromebook for uni
>Dell Chomebook 11 looks interesting
>Only 16 gigs of storage, decide to look into the SD slot to see if I can expand the storage
>Website says: SD/Multi Card Slot (push-Push type)
Does this mean I can put any normal SD slot into it?
>>
How do I into WebM? (srs)
>>
>>51967183

yeah i was actually going to quote you now saying your post convinced me to keep the hdd out until after the installation process
>>
>>51967312
I just use VLC to trim down videos and I put the trimmed down clip into this:
http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-webm
>>
>>51967312
Download ffmpeg, navigate to ffmpeg folder/bin
Shift + right click, select open command prompt window here
With avi file/mp4 file use a command to convert it to webm
ie

ffmpeg -i input.avi -c:v libvpx -b:v 1M -an out.webm

ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -ss [start] -t [duration] -c:v copy -c:a copy out.mp4
>>
File: paprikanosound.webm (220 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
paprikanosound.webm
220 KB, 640x344
>>51967312
webm for retards
webmcam
>>
If I want to screw around with a personal apache server, should I buy a Pi or some oldish small 10-11 inch laptop and run loonix on it?
>>
>>51967312
ffmpeg -i your.file -c:v libvpx -c:a libvorbis -fs 2.9M -b:v 1M output.webm

You can increase b:v to 2M or 3M.
Also don't forgot to use -an if you're not posting to /gif/ or /wsg/.
>>
>>51967305
>slot
*card
>>
do i need to buy a new graphics card for mantle? I have a nvdia and 2 rams thenks
>>
how would you resize an image using the terminal and only basic unix tools?
>>
>>51967049

You have to plug them on your mobo silly.
>>
>>51967396
Pi
>>
I used two different website for calculating the PSU wattage needed for my rig, one says 700+ W and the other says 414 W, same hardware

So what what do I need for a i5 4590+380X+SSD+7200 rpm hdd?
>>
>>51965194
You use speaker cable.
>>
>>51967063

Touch your case every now and then.

Don't build over carpet or rub yourself against fuzzy things.

Do not force your CPU, it should 'land' there.

Spend time doing cable management.

Keep your mobo manual at hand, don't plug things you're not sure about it. Avoiding mistakes is easier than troubleshooting.

All in all it's pretty easy and there's a very very low chance that you fuck up provided you don't have some kind of upper body motor impairment.

>>51967069

I started reading logical increments and tom's hardware basic stuff. Then selected my parts and polished my build here after /g/ took a shit on it.
>>
How does restarting a computer work? If it turns off and then turns back on, what makes it come back on? If it's off and no electricity running through it, what makes it come to life without human interference?
>>
>>51963240
intel cpu, amd gpu
>>
>>51967491
The build under full load would use around 400w, You should have at minimum 500w gold+ or better for overhead.
>>
>>51967305

yeah
>>
>>51967534
It doesn't turn off completely. You better not be one of those shitheads who made a thread about this yesterday
>>
I got banned from a minecraft server is there an hack that lets me get in the server again????
>>
>>51967491

Just use extreme outervision nerd.

Also you're fine with a 550w. Or even a 650 if you're not on a budget an plan to keep it for a decade.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.