[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lattepanda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz (Burst frequency: 1.84 GHz) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 500 MHz
>System Memory – 2 to 4 GB DDR3L
>Storage – 32 or 64 GB eMMC, micro SD slot
>MCU – Atmel Atmega32u4 micro-controller
>Video Output / Display – HDMI, and MIPID DSI connector
>Audio I/O – HDMI, 3.5mm audio port
>Connectivity – Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
>USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port for power
>Serial – 1x from Intel SoC, 1x from Atmel MCU
>Expansion
>Intel processor header with 2 GPIOs
>Atmel MCU “Arduino” header with 20 GPIOs
>7x 3-pin relimate connectors compatible with DFRobot “Gravity” sensors.
>Misc – Wake-on-LAN support
>Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
>Dimensions – 88 x 70 mm
>Windows 10

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139108638/lattepanda-a-45-win10-computer-for-everything/

Sounds 2good2btrue so what's the catch?
>>
>>51962741
It's a kickstarter, that is the catch.
>>
>>51962741
>Sounds 2good2btrue so what's the catch?
>Windows 10

Found it
>>
>atom
trash
>>
this is pretty much one of those intel sticks.. meh
>>
>>51962741
>scamstarter
>for HARDWARE
>90% of the software fucking shit on there that isn't literally garbage arts and crafts doesn't even get made
Well if you like throwing money away just send it to my paypal.
>>
$20
how?
>>
can it run crysis?
>>
>>51962827
Intel is subsidizing it in an attempt to compete with ARM
>>
>>51962741
>Windows compatibility
>Video out
>Audio out
>WiFi and Bluetooth
>'Maker' GPIOs
Bloat that I don't need. How about this instead?

>PoE and/or micro USB
>2 Ethernet, 2 USB 3.0
>Micro SD
>That's it
>>
>Lattepanda
Great now we have chinese hipsters
>>
>>51962985
>usb3
>2 ethernet
B
L
O
A
T
>>
>>51962928

arm is shit though that only runs shitty gimped applications on shitty botnet operating systems
>>
File: vocore.jpg (20 KB, 488x279) Image search: [Google]
vocore.jpg
20 KB, 488x279
>>51963007
I'd buy one of these if they weren't so darn expensive.
>>
>>51962827
Same reason why we have those cheap Atom-based Windows 8/10 tablets, i.e Intel literally giving them out for free so that there could actually be a demand for them later on.

Intel used to have their tablet and smartphone chip development under it's own division, but after it lost 7 billion dollars over a period of two years they decided it would be best to move it under their laptop chip division so that it wouldn't look so bad on their balance sheet.
>>
>>51963044
isn't it awesome that there exists computers where its ethernet connector takes up the majority of its volume?
>>
> SoC
> MCU

Any point in having both? Couldn't you do everything you wanted with just the SoC?
>>
>>51963012
>Has ports of desktop Linux, Windows (in shape of RT) and a myriad of OS's built for mobile devices (i.e where the chips are actually used)
>Is "shit" basically because it's not x86
The only thing ARM doesn't have is an OSX port and capability of running legacy x86 applications natively.
>>
>>51963091
presumably because mah GPIO
>>
Has any kickstarter hardware project taken off so far? As in, delivered a physical product and grown as a business afterwards?
>>
>>51963080
Of course it's awesome. I dream of one day making a Beowulf cluster that fits inside a mini-ITX case.

>>51963121
The guys who are making Chip did some sort of camera thing on Kickstarter first.
>>
>>51963121
Pebble smartwatches?

But yeah... I don't think there have been that many hardware projects that have been anything beyond hobbyist stuff. There's the Jolla tablet (which has seem a lot of setbacks, but has also shipped tablets), the SteamOS portable (which was pulled before it finished) and Ubuntu Phone (which was unable to reach it's funding goal).
>>
>>51963187
>it's
its
>>
>>51963121

oculus
>>
>>51963187
Remix Mini launched. I own one. It's not too bad.
>>
>Wangblows
No thanks.

The specs are nice besides that. Biggest advantage I can see is the integrated WiFi.
>>
File: bird.jpg (35 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
35 KB, 400x529
The specs are actually pretty decent. That atom chip has [4] 1.44 GHz airmont cores which have around the same performance as a 1.3 GHz quad-core Sempron 3850.

Give me 64GB of internal storage + 4GB of RAM and I would gladly pay around $50 for one of these. Only problem I see with it is windows 10 but you can probably uninstall it and install windows 7 on it.
>>
>>51962998
China was hipsters before it became popular in other civilizations. They pretty much invented that shit.
>>
>kikestarter
>>
ARM on suicide watch!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.