[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finished Uni >want to play vidya for the first time in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1440456909230.gif (2 MB, 350x281) Image search: [Google]
1440456909230.gif
2 MB, 350x281
>finished Uni
>want to play vidya for the first time in 8 years
>dualboot Windows
>spent time to block all the bloat and Win10 update crap
>finally dl some games
>install
>errors everywhere.
>dl some DirectX files from shady sites
>fixes brings new errors
>websites say I should replace some files in sys32 or reinstall OS
>mfw
>boot into Linux, start Wine, install games and play with a few FPS less

PC mustard race my ass. Why would anyone use crappy Windows or even a PC. A cracked console would be less stuggle.
>>
>>51961722
Developers that use engines easily portable to Linux are giving SteamOS a shot. Be sure to support them if you want to move away from Windows.

I'm going to buy SFV on Linux to show Capcom there's an audience that will grow if given the chance...

Though honestly games should be cross platform by default. I shouldn't have to pay for multiple copies to play on multiple platforms... thats a complaint for another time though.
>>
>>51961743
I thought about steam. Thing is, I don't know shit about that program and whether I need to verify my bank account or shit like that.
>>
>finished Uni

>Can't into Windows, gaming, or bank account

bruh, your I hope your school didn't pass you because you're retarded
>>
>>51961905
>Can't into Windows, gaming, or bank account

Can't into gaming on shitty Windows
Doesn't want to share his bank account with a program I may not use in a few months.

ftfy.
>>
>>51961722
>Want to play some PSP games
>Download PPSSPP
>Plus controller and launch PPSSPP
>Controller don't work
>Try everything during 2 hours
>Dowload Windows' version
>Run it with Wine
>Everything run flawlessly.
>Notice 1 year later that it was a udev permission problem.

This is life man.
>>
What games.

>play with a few FPS less
If that's your attitude, by all means, go buy a console.
>>
>>51961722
>bloat
>Delete essential files then wonder why they don't work
top cuck m8
>>
>>51961916

So you can into gaming? and you can into Windows? but you can't into gaming on Windows?

That makes sense...pffft

Are you running a bootleg cracked game or legitimate version and if so what game?
>>
>>51961916
Sharing bank account when there is PayPal
>>
>>51961722
>dl some DirectX files from shady sites
Why?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>51961962

Or debit card. Not sure what planet this guy is living in that he thinks most applications and services require an actual bank account for service.

He might be wearing a tinfoil hat.
>>
File: 1449721338660.jpg (31 KB, 388x532) Image search: [Google]
1449721338660.jpg
31 KB, 388x532
>>51961916
>privacy fags are real
>>
>>51961722
>Too retarded to install directX
OMG CRAPPY WINDOWS

You disabled windows update, which includes DirectX. You could've just installed directX with the OFFICIAL installer instead of downloading dll files you fucking waste of oxygen
>>
>>51962095
Microsoft literally host it on their site lmao. OP is either baiting, or incredibly stupid.
>>
>2015
>still no package management
>not being able to oneget install directx-full
>>
>>51962517
/thread
>>
>>51961722
This everytime.
>>
>>51961722
>not knowing how to operate a windows pc
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.