[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Year: 2048. >Wake up for mandatory work compliance at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: thefutureiaskedfor.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
thefutureiaskedfor.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>Year: 2048.
>Wake up for mandatory work compliance at 6:30 AM.
>Prepare breakfast from government issued ration packet.
>Turn on government issued computer, only option available.
>UEFI 3.0 prompts for Social Security Number & Retinal Scan.
>Welcome to Windows 10 (rolling release).
>Over 50% of screen real estate taken up by ads.
>Open NSA certified Microsoft Edge browser.
>Popup prompt: "This session is brought to you by Comcast International Corporation at a rate of $10 per 1GB. Do you accept the charges?"
>Yes.
>Visit facebook.com out of habit, get redirected to facebook.gov.
>Automatically logged in through UEFI credentials.
>Mandatory 2 minute advertisement, at the end a text field appears, must enter what the ad was about.
>Scroll page, people just sharing news articles and pictures of their children.
>Post "Anyone want to meet up and see Star Wars: Episode XII?", current location automatically shared, along with phone number.
>Log out, must watch advertisement.
>2GB of usage reached.
>Get dressed, drive 1996 Ford Taurus to work for 190 minutes.
>Traffic is clogged, sidewalks have been removed to make room for more cars.
>Arrive at work, sit down at desk, turn on PC.
>Monitor shitposts on 4chan for anti government, anti status quo sentiments.
>Report users to local authorities for disciplinary courses.
>Not the future I asked for.
>>
Shit pasta. Everybody knows that by 2033 Earth would be a nuclear wasteland.
>>
>>51960197
FEEL THE BURN?
>>
>>51960213
It's OC.
>>
Just go live in the woods of they still exists
Or plan b: commit suicide
>>
>>51960231
Pretty good. To make it better mention 1.5 of those 2gigs were ad traffic.

>pay $15 for ads
>>
File: tromp.jpg (74 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
tromp.jpg
74 KB, 1180x842
>>51960197
>>
Ads would seamlessly merge with your every day stuff, like shit posting on 4chan. There would be bots that would try to convince you to buy a certain product.
>>
>>51960910
>would be
Not are
>>
>>51960213
Nah its gonna be 2077 bruv
>>
That's why you vote for trump
>>
>>51960197
Are there any Muslims or Niggers roaming freely in this future of yours? If not, then sign me up!
>>
>>51961261
yeah, they're the ones fucking your wife. and your wife's daughter.
>>
>>51961284
t. jamal abulahhabi
>>
>>51960197
>wake up this morning

sounds about right
>>
>listening to the gov approved news
>"Another success for the federal special forces who captured two members of the terrorist group known as GNU+Linux. The cyberjihadist were spreading the Free Software malware, Gentoo, through temporary WLANS. Now the terrorist are beign interrogated to hopefully find out new informations about the leader of the terrorists Richard M. Stallman."
>>
>>51960197
>2015
>not realizing most of that shit is here already
>not realizing even the entertainment we expose ourselves to is tainted with ads, be it via product placement or lifestyle-promoting storylines and characters

>implying there's a difference between facebook.com and .gov
>>
>>51960197
Implying they would let you drive a car previous to the johnson security act without the mandatory gps built in, one positional microphone per seat recording everything to the black box, led screens scattered all over showing you several ads, and auto-driving car so you don't cause accidents, do not exceed the speed limit and can watch the ads safely for the end of the ride ad quiz.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1105x1350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1105x1350
>>51962675
Yeah, OP's post is already happening today. I don't see a way out of this mess except total collapse or force of nature.

People at the top are relentless and the masses can't seem to wake up.
>>
>>51962178
>Stallman
WE SHOULD'VE LISTENED.
>>
>>51963485
It's missing the dystopian cityscape filled with neon lights.
>>
>>51962675
Ye nigga anyone else peak dat Sony I the new dank 007?
>>
File: received_1640070552919949.jpg (20 KB, 480x706) Image search: [Google]
received_1640070552919949.jpg
20 KB, 480x706
Atleast I have this new navy blue beanie
>>
>>51960350
Pfffff... Government in control of everything? Sounds like a Democrats wet dream.
>>
>>51960197
beautiful oc anon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.