[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could someone explain the SJWfox meme to me? or is it just google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: firefox.png (29 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
29 KB, 550x550
could someone explain the SJWfox meme to me? or is it just google shilling?
>>
>>51959621
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>get butthurt about code containing master/slave
>ceo made to step down after being anti gay marriage
>>
Brandan Eich, the former CEO of firefox (known for being the inventor of JS, and being against DRM and proprietary software) was ousted from his position because he once donated money to a political agenda that the SJWs didn't like.
He was literally removed for having the wrong opinion.
>>
>>51959621
The new FF CEO has stated his SJW agenda publicly and have fired people on sjw grounds.
Look it up, I don't have the patience to do it for you.
>>
>>51959628
i was hoping you'd know
>>
there is a lot of 6006le bashing of ff on a regular basis
but the sjw-fication is real
>>
Oh and they spend a third of their money on stupid feminist outreach programmes. The new CEO is a feminist who make a fucktonne of money, surprising for a NON PROFIT.
For example; $15,000 to remove master/slave references from the code.
That's donator's money, being pissed away on something that could have been done with a couple search & replaces.

And it's not google shilling since chrome is even more SJW.
>>
>>51959655
this is such a fucking retarded thing to do
>>
File: mozilla is gone now.png (129 KB, 1026x910) Image search: [Google]
mozilla is gone now.png
129 KB, 1026x910
>kick out the man who has been leading the company for years because he financed an "anti-gay party"
>$15 000 to replace master/slave in the code with less "harmful" names
>>
>>51959641
i thought he resigned voluntarily?
>>
never gonna use or recommend them any more
they literary don't support freedom no more either speech or software
>>
>>51959688
shhh
>>
>>51959680
one more reason to dispice gay movement rights and parades
>>
>>51959688
Yes he resigned after a massive wave of anti-eich marketing got thrown at them.
You'd be retarded to think that the resignation wasn't because of SJWs.
>>
so what browser we use now?

Opera?
>>
iridium is good start
>>
/g/ you're making me feel bad for using furryfox, stop it
>>
File: 4L_GBD11QRo.jpg (32 KB, 290x163) Image search: [Google]
4L_GBD11QRo.jpg
32 KB, 290x163
>>51959777
Use chromium the opensource browser google chrome cucked
>>
>>51959655
>who make a fucktonne of money, surprising for a NON PROFIT

It's actually really common for non-profit (technically not-for-profit) executives to make ass loads of money. In the US, at least. This is one of the big complaints about the Red Cross right now. But it's by no means isolated to them.
>>
>>51959621
All the extensions must be approved by Mozilla or will be unistallable, and they adopting a far more restrictive extension api.
Limiting the freedom of the user and imposing control on his acceptable activities, is a result of the SJW mentality.
Mozilla is a tumblr circlejerk actively destroying their best product.
>>
File: yandex-browser-welcome-window.png (72 KB, 548x343) Image search: [Google]
yandex-browser-welcome-window.png
72 KB, 548x343
>>51959777
yandex browser
>>
>>51959862
This, looks at all those companies raising money to send to Africa and other shitholes. It's all a scam, never donate money to a company.
>>
>>51959854
its chrome - flash & auro-update
>>
>>51959777
Chrome or Opera until Vivaldi is properly released.
>>
>>51959641
Being a talented developer and being against DRM and proprietary software doesn't mean you're apt enough to be Mozilla's CEO.

He had no business plan besides "get donations and keep Firefox development". The actual CEO has an agressive business plan focused on contracts with connected devices makers running Firefox OS.

I don't exactly know why Brendan Eich has been fired, but I think it's been for the better.
>>
GTK3
>>
>>51960337
Yeah, because Firefox OS was such a staggering success and it didn't just though money and working hours down the drain.
>>
>>51959907
- botnet as well
>>
>>51960337
>The actual CEO has an agressive business plan focused on contracts with connected devices makers running Firefox OS.

I can't tell if you're joking or not but the killed that project a few weeks ago.
The only think the CEO's of Mozilla care about is the $400k a year salary with $500k bonus they get for no good reason.
>>
>>51959728
As a feminist guy, I must say gay movement tends toward assimilation and has a lot of audience, holding back other sexual/gender minorities.

The problem with assimilation is that you forget the fight you were part of. You end in a cozy position and are even able to pretend to political positions.

I go as far as to ask if white cis-gendered gay people aren't straight people (≠queer people).
>>
>>51960486
who gives a fuck you homo
>>
>>51960480
No they didn't, so the rest of your statement is flawed.

They didn't kill Firefox OS, they just extended it to IoT.

They have no point in killing Firefox OS without waiting to see if Spark and add-ons have made satisfying results.

Furthermore, K (KDE development team) are making their own mobile OS (Plasma mobile). How comes the second most used web browser wouldn't have enough money to develop what a major DE eligible to 2% of desktop computers would ?
>>
>>51960541
Haha okay then, kid.
>>
>>51959942
Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera are based on Chromium, whose development is hijacked by Google developers.

>Firefox is legit, others are botnets.

>Chromium is opensource

No. It includes binary blobs from Google. Trusting Google in any way is 99,98% the death of your privacy.
>>
>>51960511
4chan is a carcass because of people like you.
>>
>>51959892
That's just a chromium skin, shitdick.
>>
>>51960610
>reddit.com
>tumblr.com
>mozilla.com
take your pick fagtron
>>
>>51959688
Eich's replacement CTO, Andreas Gal, also get the fuck out of Mozilla one year later.

Mozilla still can't find replacements for Eich and Andreas.

The only people left are a faggot marketing major firefox CEO and another faggot who has a degree in east asian studies in charge of the mozilla foundation.
>>
>>51959732
Then he wasn't "literally removed" from his position.
He just couldn't handle the banter, which incidentally is something /pol/ like to ridicule about their enemies.
>>
>>51960610
fuck off, homo
>>
>>51960842
If you think that there wasn't massive internal pressure on his resignation then you're retarded.
>>
>>51960486
>As a feminist guy

You are nothing. Kill yourself
>>
>>51960431
nope, it has closed binary blobs -> botnet
>>
>>51959688
He was voluntold.
>>
>>51960963
You are everything. Pick a tricycle.
>>
>>51960913
If he didn't want to resign, I think that we would choose to be fired over choosing to resign. He resigned because the mission of Mozilla was far more important to him than his status as the CEO of Mozilla.
>>
>>51960486
i literary hate you more than gay pride
>>
File: haha.jpg (97 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
97 KB, 640x1136
>>51960601
>hijacked
>>
>>51960486
>As a feminist guy
pls kill self
>>
>>51961133
Yeah, who doesn't want to go to work everyday and have all your coworkers despise you after all you accomplished for the company and the media right outside calling for your head. Sounds like a great place to spend your work week.
>>
>>51959637
So what?Google will fire anti gays without notice. I would rather use which is less SJW.
>>
>>51961055
which binary blobs?

Have you seen them?

>legit curious
>>
SJW - Mozilla cares more for gays, lesbians and women more than technology loving straight males.

Mozilla removes for that gays and lesbians and women features they do not understand. They remove features because they are in an rivalry with Google Chrome as they want to take all market share away from Google because they are butt hurt that Google rolled 'em. They are betraying Open Source for closed source components and shady deals with closed source companies and DRM companies.

No real and serious company would do such an incredible amount of bullshit. Mozilla is discrediting itself more and more with every release.
>>
And there is almost as much botnet (telemetry or spying features) inside Firefox these days as Google Chrome does have them too.
>>
>>51959777
Lolifox.
>>
>>51962460
So what is the new browser for the people who are into /g/?

Opera?
>>
>>51959637
Yea, well that's how capitalism works. Go fucking live in Russia, or China or somewhere if you don't like our way of life, commie faggot.
>>
>or is it just google shilling?
Why would Google need to shill in regards to a browser that is turning into an inferior version of Chrome, instead of being itself?
>>
>>51962543
Waiting for Otter-Browser to finally have QTWebengine. After that i leave closed source Vivaldi for it.

Vivaldi may have tons of Firefox old like customization or Opera old like customization, but i am so happy to be able to ditch it for a real Open Source browser in the near future.
>>
>>51959892

>Russian Botnet
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.