[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015 -12-18/congress-just-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Robin's_Face_Fault.png (131 KB, 582x592) Image search: [Google]
Robin's_Face_Fault.png
131 KB, 582x592
>http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-18/congress-just-passed-second-patriot-act-and-nobody-noticed-how-cisa-became-law

Say goodbye to your internet freedom. It's over.
We're fucked.
>>
I'm saying goodbye to yours. Mine is intact.
>>
This is just putting into law what they were already doing.
It's the hammer to bash the last few remnants of privacy out of court with.

Constitution? What constitution?
>>
File: laugh ing boys.png (203 KB, 283x297) Image search: [Google]
laugh ing boys.png
203 KB, 283x297
>>51959275
NO
SHITS
GIVEN
>>
File: lq bait.jpg (1 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
lq bait.jpg
1 KB, 100x100
>>51959275
You'll only worry about this if you've got something to hide.

Better start the magnets on your collection of cheese pizza HDDs.
>>
>It's not unconstitutional if no-one stops us
>>
>>51959322

No where in the Constitution states that the CISA is unconstitutional.

The closest would be the 4th Amendment, but that protects YOU from unreasonable searches and seizures by the govt/law enforcements.

Moreover, there is absolutely NO reasonable expectation of privacy on the Internet.

Using any of the services provided by large corporations assumes that you agree to their ToS/EULA in good faith.
>>
>>51959404
>there is absolutely NO reasonable expectation of privacy on the Internet.
Everyone on the internet except republicans expect privacy while browsing the net. So there Is a very reasonable and large amount of expectation of privacy there.
>>
>>51959404
>unreasonable searches
You forgot
>and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.
Probably cause dude. The 'probably cause' for my data doesn't exist.
>>
>implying we ever had freedom/privacy post patriot act

They're scooping it up right off the backbones and have been for years. Now they're putting framework in place to make it appear more legal and less unconstitutional. This is news?
>>
>>51959275
>>51959275
>>51959275
>Not checking the catalog

Old thread:
>>51944356
>>
>>51959482
They don't need a warrant when going to a large company like Microsoft, Apple, etc. that willingly hands them your data w/o a warrant when they say "we believe so and so is of suspicion ... "

A warrant is only needed when they go to YOU. Not a 3rd party company.
>>
>>51959485
No, you don't understand what this law is about. This law is about the NSA getting free and total access to the kind of data that companies like Bluekai and Acziom (or is it axcziom) have on you. What they have on you is the collected data from every single piece of facebook, amazon, marketing trash, JS plugin, JS code, google searches, clicks, etc that you've ever done online.
Basically your browsing habits collected to see what kind of stuff you want to buy. This doesn't sound too bad at first but the kind of detail that this data goes into is more than facebook collects on you. It's all correlated, and put together to make a 'purchasing picture'. IE it learns what you want, or are likely to buy.
Bluekai knows what kind of dog you have and what you feed it, when it was sick, and if you were thinking about getting another pet. These companies know more about you than anyone. They probably know more about you than you do. The kind of data collected even goes into detail such as how many seconds it takes for you to click on something- where you click on something and what position on the screen is most likely to be clicked on.

These companies have your data to sell them, and this bill allows the NSA to just take the data without paying for it.
>>
>>51959514
That's a pretty pathetic interpretation.
Imagine if you had a company that had secure copies of your documents (in case of fire, your documents have a backup somewhere) in 1800, and the government was like "Hey, we want EVERYONE's secure copies. Why? Anarchists. We need to find the anarchists"
The fuck you think would have happened?
>>
>>51959514
But Apple did oppose this bill..
>>
>>51959544
And /g/ still won't support apple by buying their products.
What an irony.
>>
>>51959540
And? Does that argue against my statement in any way? In no way is that unconstitutional. There may be uproar like as in the present time, but in no way is that unlawful, especially when you use (and agree to) the company's policies.
>>
>>51959598
Well what you're doing is assuming that because a company has control over your data that this data is no longer your personal property.
Which may actually be the case, I'm no legal expert. But it makes more sense to assume that it's a custodial relationship. The companies are custodians of your property, like how banks are custodians of your wealth.
>>
>>51959610
Well, that would depend on the company's policies, I guess. I don't know about other companies, but in regards to M$ and Windows 10, yes, your data (or w/e is on your HD) is their property.
>>
>>51959639
But then the data would have been accessed without warrant.
But of course, companies don't need a warrant to take data if you're just giving it away, which allows a nice little loophole.
Just give the data to corporations first and the government doesn't need to worry about stupid things like the constitution.
>>
>>51959669
Right, but you have to remember, in the past, if they wanted your data, they would have to physically get into your house and drag your computer away, which would require a warrant. However, if the is a copy available somewhere else, it would be less of a hassle.
>>
File: 1441044953023.gif (4 MB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
1441044953023.gif
4 MB, 630x354
>>51959520
I get it. Easy killer.

Look - I've seen enough so called 'conspiracy theories' turn out to be true in my 32 short years on this earth that it's changed how I view the world. The worst you hear; assume they're already doing it.

From facial recognition to purchasing history to browsing behavior (including sexual preferences) to license plate tracking to cell phone mics/cameras being hot all the time to likes/dislikes on a personal level down to what kind of dog you have. I always operated under the presumption that they had most of that information anyway. So when the Snowden leaks came to light and everyone shit bricks it was a 'oh, guess I'm not crazy after all' moment for me and I loosened my tinfoil hat a little to let my hair breath.

What are you seriously going to do about it beyond and piss and moan in impotency?

In the history of the world, anywhere, ever, this type of power has never been given back voluntarily. Short of that, get used to it. See the UK for example. Things get worse from here.

>b-but we'll organize the revolution on facebook where they can track the trends, yo!

Pic related. In this moment, dead serious, I tip my fedora to you.

Anyhow.. back to a linux vs windows thread.
>>
>>51959404
>Amendment, but that protects YOU from unreasonable searches and seizures by the govt/law enforcements.

lmao sone retard is this brainwashed? nsa fbi cia with data collection break it every dayw without overseeing

you americans are ao fucking deluded
>>
>>51960095
Brainwashed? No? It's literally the amendment dumbed down. You're literally a Google away from searching for the sources you need. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>51959275
I have nothing to hide.
>>
Well, how did you like the Star Wars premier? Enjoyed the distraction, eh? ;^)
>>
>>51960152
>implying your memestution matters at all.

every day your int agencies shit on you without any repercussions
>>
>>51960169
Nothing was implied. There was a discussion regarding the Constitution, and so an Amendment was simply stated.
>>
>>51960203
its not meaningful in real life, your constitution. you could talk about laws of middle earth
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.