[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to get bachelor's degree in computer science this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: birth.png (390 KB, 520x668) Image search: [Google]
birth.png
390 KB, 520x668
Going to get bachelor's degree in computer science this june.
I have to choose the direction I'm gonna go.
I already found company that gives practice they work in .NET framework
also another company for practice in web programming (PHP).
There is also one in Qt framework (C++)..

So many options I don't know what to do, I only know I don't wanna do mobile apps.

btw
I live in eastern europe so they are not well paid
>>
>>51955106
I hate .NET. I really hate it. And I'm going to tell you, go for that job. The php job will make you into a code monkey at best, and glorified tester at worst. The Qt job sounds awesome, but you'll probably be stuck writing crud DB interfaces day on and day out, and never do anything but basic UI work. C# job won't be much better, but there's a chance it will be.
>>
>>51955106
kill yourself
>>
>>51955732
Yeah pretty much this.

If you're gonna get into native app development then learn C++, C# and the .NET framework. If you're gonna get into web development, then learn full-stack Javascript. Either way, start looking for jobs immediately and work while you're in school. You're gonna want to break away from the pack and get some experience ASAP if you want a decent job.
>>
>>51955106
Go with C++. No mobile platform uses it, and c++ looks good on your resume if you decide to go somewhere else.
>>
>>51955732
I I was kinda going for .NET, but it's kinda useless outside the enterprise
and in php you can always make a website in free time and earn easy buck.
while in .NET you need to buy visual studio
>>
>>51955812
you can make mobile apps with Qt
>>
>>51955874
god you people are retards. There are free versions of Visual Studio. Yes, .NET/C# is heavily used in the large enterprises, you know, where the fucking money is.

>>51955796
>full stack javascript
I threw up when I read that
>>
>>51955106
>language
>CS
Choose one, tard.
>>
>>51955106
that is a picture of me
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.