[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ settle a dispute with your superior knowledge Nexus 6,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: lg_nexus_4.jpg (146 KB, 1024x789) Image search: [Google]
lg_nexus_4.jpg
146 KB, 1024x789
/g/ settle a dispute with your superior knowledge

Nexus 6, Nexus 5x or Nexus 6p?
>>
File: 1432157388740.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1432157388740.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
Isn't the 6 ancient
>>
>>51953905
people need to factor portability

get the 5x
>>
>>51954003
I have a 4 and wouldn't really want anything bigger. I looked at a 5x today and even that's monstrous. They're all crazily big. Probably best to go with the most powerful just so it's relevant longer. What's the point of having a phone if it's dead. My 4 is pretty much done, no updates, shit barely runs. Hell updating anything on the store takes a stupid amount of time
>>
>Nexus 6

Pros:
>cheap
>great SoC
>mature development community (kernels)
>big display
>good stereo speakers

Cons:
>shit display (bad color and low lifespan due to bring an ancient OLED panel from 2013, burn-in will become apparent quite quickly)
>mediocre camera (it's capable of resolving a respectable amount of detail, but its extremely slow making gold images difficult to achieve)
>mediocre battery life stock, however Marshmallow and a kernel such as ElementalX can bring it to fantastic levels
>unwieldly

>Nexus 5X

Pros:
>excellent display (see anandtech measurements)
>most compact of the bunch
>great camera
>nice design

Cons:
>mediocre battery life (however just like the Nexus 6, you have the option of kernels to change this)
>less than stellar performance
>smaller display
>only 2GB of RAM (in reality it's fine, however it's still a disadvantage)
>worse value than the other two phones, and the 16GB version is certainly overpriced

>Nexus 6P

Pros:
>good display (uses a lower binned Note 5 panel)
>great performance
>fantastic camera (same video quality as 5X, but more video options)
>great battery life

Cons:
>display brightness not as good as Note 5 due to being the lower binned leftovers, lifespan also seems to be lower
>Snapdragon 810 (6P has the best implementation seen to date, but it's still a subpar chip, however thermals can be managed with a custom kernel)
>extremely difficult to repair
>most expensive of the lot
>>
The 6P looks uncomfortably big
>>
>>51954135
Useful post.

So the 6 appears to be the best then, the only handset with more pros than cons. Interesting
>>
>>51954057
man up and get a 5x

honestly, the iphone 6s is fantastic as well, and very portable. 4.7 inch screen like the nexus 4.

why not test drive it for free on tmobile or verizons network? can't go wrong there
>>
>>51954258
5x is a watered down 6. You could get a 6 for cheaper and it would shit all over it
>>
Cons:
>6P bends and breaks like a match
>>
>>51954179
It's the 6 that's actually the most uncomfortable. It's wider than the 6p and has a curved back
>>
>>51954057
Found the manlet
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.