[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is everybody's opinion on ibuypower? Are they a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Envy_Phoenix_gallery_01.jpg (31 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Envy_Phoenix_gallery_01.jpg
31 KB, 800x600
What is everybody's opinion on ibuypower? Are they a shit company? Should people stay away?
>>
>>51951141
Don't they buy b-grade things to sell it so cheap?

I don't have a huge problem with that if they do. But still, it explains the pricing.
>>
>>51951157
Do they actually do this? I didn't even know that.
>>
>>51951209
It's been well documented.
>>
Anybody else have an opinion?
>>
>>51951141
Why the fuck are you trying to buy a pc NOW?
>>
>>51952274
what?
>>
>>51951157
Yes. If you actually look up the parts that they do use, you'll find that most of them are the cheapest available options on the market. They used an H81 motherboard with a 4790k for crying out loud.
>>
iBUYPOWER is a joke. Ordered a PC from them 3 years ago, it was dead on arrival. Customer support was all about being a group of condescending twats and were obviously outsourced to some povertised Asian country. They weren't even conspicuous about taking their sweet ass time with the return process trying to Jew me out of $500.

Don't go the (genericClone)POWER route, you would be better off building your own PC.
>>
>>51951141
>ibuypower
But anon, you just can't just BUY POWER.
>>
>>51953034
If you are literate and can follow instructions, when are you not better off building your own PC?
>>
>>51951141
I bought a prebuilt from them to replace my old laptop for $400 because I didn't have enough money to build a decent pc at the time
>Pros
fx 4300 was decent for the price I paid
1 TB Hard Drive
Pretty well put together and shipped, never had any hardware problems
No bloatware preinstalled
>Cons
Kind of ugly case (raidmax horus)
Only 4 gb RAM
R5 230 GPU (I fucked up getting that but luckily a friend of mine gave me his old 550 ti shortly afterwards)
320 W PSU

All in all not best bang for your buck but OK if you really don't want to build from scratch.
>>
idk if I trust myself enough to try to build my own PC. What if I fuck up and break something?
>>
>>51953469
btw I still use this PC today albeit with a 500 W PSU, 750 ti, and 8 GB RAM and I plan on buying a new case like a 450d sometime soon
>>
>>51951141
They are shit op. Better buy prebuilt from NCIX.
>>
>>51953470
Is google so hard? Retards successfully build computer every day, so can you.
>>
>>51953227
That is what I ended up doing. I opted for the part-picker + pre-built option because of the trade-off in pricing between doing it myself vs. having it done for me with my hardware choices.

Ultimately I kept the money for the following year when I got my tax returns and built something far more reliable than what that miserable company sent me.

I guess it is a game of Russian Roulette when ordering from these types of businesses.
>>
>>51953470
How do you function on a day-to-day basis?
>>
dude if you're getting a prebuilt go alienware cuz at least you'll get a computer looks like a fukken pyramid
>>
>>51954098
You can get a fairly good PC from alienware for like $1800 with a monitor
>>
>>51954098
>>51954131
Samefag

>alienware
ISHYGDDTS
>>
File: gg no re.jpg (15 KB, 342x141) Image search: [Google]
gg no re.jpg
15 KB, 342x141
>>51954324
>>
>>51954324
not a samefag, but okay faggot, keep hating a company that provides people with stuff
>>
My stupid friend bought a $5000 computer from them.

16GB of ram in 2009 for a gaming computer.
>>
I customized a pc from them a couple years ago and it still works fine I didn't cheap out on the power supply and motherboard like a lot of prebuilts do so if you don't want to build one just customize one but I will agree building a pc isn't that hard I was just stupid and lazy back then I guess
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.