[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/aad/ - Android App Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: download-android-studio.jpg (66 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
download-android-studio.jpg
66 KB, 600x356
/aad/ - Android App Development

What apps do you like to make?

What apps have you made in the past?

What are your thoughts on monetizing apps?

General Android app development talk
>>
>>51949291
DESIGNATED
>>
File: 11kd2tc.jpg (100 KB, 800x754) Image search: [Google]
11kd2tc.jpg
100 KB, 800x754
>>51949364
>>
>JS with node
>Java
Both gave me cancer whilst developing.
Only thing that I somewhat liked was kivy.
Sadly it's python
>>
How many of you devloping in Java and with libGdx? Any good tuts out there? I have my own, just wondering what some of you use
>>
Just downloaded android studio, and got it linked up to the android emulator for visual studio.

Now i need to learn java, i guess? Any tips coming from python and C++ background?

Does anyone have cross dev experience in visual studio? I need a good footing to get started.

Tips general?
>>
>>51950192
Looking for these as well, I'd love to help build apps for the world's largest platform.
>>
Cmon, no experienced devs here? Im at a loss with trying to into cross platform with vs. The emulator is god tier though so i recommend using that with android studio
>>
>>51951074
Which emulator? I've got an AMD CPU, and apparently can't run the built in ones because they need Intel whatever shit.

I was thinking about using genymotion, should I use something else?

Just getting started here.
>>
>>51949364
>>51950041
why does this low-tier general exist? app is an overused buzzword

/thread
>>
>>51951105
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>51949291
I made an app that shows me insulting notifications, because i hate myself.
>>
>>51951130
Source code?
>>
>>51951159
it's really shitty, because it's my first app and i never did anything in java before so i just have a few string arrays and select stuff randomly from it.
    public void sendNotification(View view) {
Random rnd = new Random();

String titleString = TitleStringList[rnd.nextInt(TitleStringList.length)];
String contentString = ContentStringList[rnd.nextInt(ContentStringList.length)];
String subtextString = SubtextStringList[rnd.nextInt(SubtextStringList.length)];

NotificationCompat.Builder builder = new NotificationCompat.Builder(this);
builder.setSmallIcon(R.drawable.icon);
Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("https://www.google.de/?#q=how+to+kill+myself"));
PendingIntent pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(this, 0, intent, 0);
builder.setContentIntent(pendingIntent);
builder.setLargeIcon(BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getResources(), R.drawable.icon));

builder.setContentTitle(titleString);
builder.setContentText(contentString);
builder.setSubText(subtextString);

NotificationManager notificationManager = (NotificationManager) getSystemService(NOTIFICATION_SERVICE);

notificationManager.notify(1337, builder.build());
}
>>
>>51951098
No i also have amd. FX 8320. Its the android emulator for visual studio 2015. You can run just the emulator without visual studio, fire up android studio, and auto detects it as an option when i run code in a.s.

You need :
- Windows 8.1 /10 Pro. (Home premium wont work)

- Windows admin tools (hyper-v)

- a cpu that supports hardware virtualization (fx 8320 certainly supports it, bios settings for svm must be enabled of course )
>>
>>51951114
>implying
>>
>>51949291
What are some good resources to learn android development?

Java isn't a problem at all for me. I just need the android specific stuff
>>
I made a 4chan browser. I'm using ads right now, making about $2 a day since I have so few users.

I'm having to redo a bunch of shit now because this was way too ambitious for a first project. Oh well.
>>
The only app I ever wrote was a game called ReGeX: https://f-droid.org/app/com.phikal.regex

I'd gladly accept any recommendations how to improve the app. Currently working on a solution submission service, kind of botnet but open-source, to gather regex solution for real world problems.
>>
>>51953943
Which browser m8
>>
>>51953961
TopKek
It's on Amazon only atm.
>>
>>51953986
Amazon? Ew. I fucking hate dealing with that market. I uninstalled it after dealing with it - if I'm going to deal with that much of a hassle, it's just not worth it.
>>
Everyone I talked to in uni said they'd never touch Android again after using it for their software projects.

Is Android dev really that bad?
>>
>>51954010
>>51953961
>can't read name
>I fucking hate dealing with that market. I uninstalled it after dealing with it

sounds about right for an android dev
>>
>>51954010
It would be on Google Play, too, but someone had a stick up their ass about adult content. I couldn't even get them to explain exactly what the problem was, as nsfw boards were only accessible by entering the names in manually. I'll probably try uploading it again with the next update.
>>
>>51954043
I'm not a dev, just started learning about things.

The Amazon market is really clunky. The app itself lags out all the time, even on higher end phones. When you go to install an app, it downloads it super slow inside the app, then you have to sideload the app onto your phone.

I don't even want to know what you have to do for updates, I'm guessing the same thing since I seriously doubt it auto-updates the apps for you.

>>51954027
I've heard it has not been the best, but Android Studio 2.0 fixes that according to a lot of people who've tried it.
>>
Any good tutorial for android API?
>>
>>51953612
Books, Head first android and Big nerd ranch are a pretty good start

http://developer.android.com/training/index.html
Has some good explanations

After that, all you really will need is probably the api guide or the references
>>
How do i import my gradle projects to eclipse? I cant seem to find the right file
>>
>>51954101
I think for some time android studio was not a full IDE but it is now, and has a lot more functionality overall.
>>
>>51956661
bump
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.