[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD with Intel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1449946234663.jpg (75 KB, 408x306) Image search: [Google]
1449946234663.jpg
75 KB, 408x306
So I've heard that using an nvidia card with an AMD chip nerfs your system due to some jewing bullshit from nvidia, but what if I use an AMD card with an intel system? Is anything going to be purposely bottlenecked? AMD cards seem a lot better this generation and I was planning on upgrading along with a skylake i7, good idea or should I keep my 970
>>
>>51948007
What's the matter anon?

Can't find an AMD card and processor you like?

kek
>>
>>51948007
>So I've heard that using an nvidia card with an AMD chip nerfs your system due to some jewing bullshit from nvidia
That only goes for mixing two different GPUs. An NVidia GPU with an AMD CPU is fine.
>but what if I use an AMD card with an intel system? Is anything going to be purposely bottlenecked?
No.
>>
>>51948042
I have never had a good experience with AMD cpus in the past
>>
>>51948049
Sadly, jewtel is the only option these days.
>>
>>51948007
Nvidia cards work better with AMD CPUs than AMDs own cards do.
>>
>>51948007
>AMD.jpg
>>
>>51948086
Sadly you're mistaken.
>>
>>51948007
>So I've heard that using an nvidia card with an AMD chip nerfs your system due to some jewing bullshit from nvidia
This is just some bullshit rumor probably from /v/ or some awful place like that.
>>
>>51948007
#waitforzen

;^)
>>
>>51948007
That's wrong. I get the same in-game performance on my rig as my friend does, and we both have essentially the same machine with 16GB of RAM and a Geforce GTX 970. The only difference is the CPU - AMD FX 8370 vs Haswell i7.
>>
>>51948045
mixing gpus works prefectly fine too
>>
The main issue with Nvidia GPU and AMD CPU is that the CPU is always going to be bad no matter how good the rest of the system is.

That's not true with Intel CPU and Nvidia or AMD GPU.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.