[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Antivirus Do You Guys Use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: avg_antivirus.jpg (178 KB, 1115x437) Image search: [Google]
avg_antivirus.jpg
178 KB, 1115x437
Pic Related
I really want to get a new one
>>
I don't use anything except for Malwarebytes to scan my PC each month or so.

Also AVG is selling you as you read this.
>>
>>51946684
Isn't that only malware and not an anti virus?
>>
>>51946650
I regularly shill avira because it's free and not from a shithead country like the US or china.

Nod32 is a very good one, american or not, and with trial keys you have a legal free copy forever.

I just tried qihoo 360 and it's actually really good for being chink shit, having avira and bitdefender engines is nice. Takes a little digging around in the UI to figure everything out but it's really well-made once you fiugure it out. I still can't believe it but I actually approve of it

Bitdefender is a nice, basic little scanner if you don't need much but if it finds a false positive then you're fucked: no ignore list or temporary unblock or anything.

Never ever fall for the avast meme.

>>51946714
It can find pretty much anything (in fact, it finds more than most AV) but it's indeed little more than a plain file scanner. It's good enough even as an AV but the free mode has no realtime scan or anything so for AV purposes it's not suited unless you pay.
>>
Avast + Malwarebytes. Feels good man.
>>
File: avira-pc-cleaner-07-535x535.png (58 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
avira-pc-cleaner-07-535x535.png
58 KB, 535x535
5€ a year

worth it
>>
>nearly 2016
>someone still needs an antivirus
lmao
>>
Why would you need an antivirus?

UAC, Chrome sandboxing, and Virustotal pretty much can protect you from any virus.
>>
>>51947217
>>51947198
For scans etc
>>
File: 1436304577653.png (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1436304577653.png
131 KB, 600x600
I used to use Avast for years, then last year I decided out of appreciation to pay for it even though I didn't care about the premium features.

When my year ran out was when the whole "Avast is collecting your browsing data" thing came to light so I uninstalled.

I've been without AV for awhile now, but my new roommates are gonna be occasionally using one of my PCs, probably to schlick, so I gave Avast another chance after reading their response to the scandal.

First thing I saw when I installed was that you can't fucking turn off the thing giving you product ads without paying.

Yeah, fuck Avast to hell.

>>51947198
If you have family or friends who are not as /g/ as you, you know they need antivirus just to keep things from getting completely fucked as opposed to mostly fucked. It's good to know what free AV is good for that. Plus my company does AV for other companies, so I'd like to hear as many opinions as I can as to what's actually worth using.
>>
File: commonsense2010.png (568 KB, 867x1054) Image search: [Google]
commonsense2010.png
568 KB, 867x1054
>>51946650
Probably the best anti-virus software I have ever used
>>
>>51947379
Probably want the 2015 edition though, just saying
>>
why would anyone need one?
>>
>>51947121
>Malware + Malwarebytes
Kek
>>
Of all the ones ive used Nod32 is god tier imo worth the expense. I just finished using Total Defense, it does a good job but if youre someone who pirates shit all the time its a pain in the ass since if shit gets quarantined its so hard to get it unquarantined since it keeps going back every time. At least Nod32 isnt a pain with that sort of stuff
>>
>>51946650
Bitdefender free, Malwarebytes Pro, Malwarebytes Anti-Executable. DeepFreeze on top of that.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (14 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
14 KB, 252x240
>>51947918
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.