[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The US Government has pinpointed some of the largest pir
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: ustr.jpg (19 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
ustr.jpg
19 KB, 175x175
>The US Government has pinpointed some of the largest piracy websites and other copyright infringing venues. The USTR calls on foreign countries to take action against popular piracy sites such as KickassTorrents, as well as Canadian domain registrar Rebel and Swiss hosting service Private Layer.

>https://torrentfreak.com/u-s-govt-targets-torrent-sites-and-other-piracy-havens-151218

How long until the retards make a tracker and client p2p so there is no more websites to take down? just make it able to add addons to it and "subscribe" or something to different sources, is that hard?
>>
You mean like magnet links and DHT?
>>
>>51946195

How long until trackers move to Tor? Why hasn't this been done yet.
>>
>>51946911
because its slow as fuck
>>
>>51946917

No, I mean just to download the magnet links. Torrenting over tor doesn't protect you anyway because tor is a SOCKS proxy. Hosting magnet links over tor would stop this shit and Piratebay's problem, and it wouldn't change the nature of torrenting.
>>
lmao, this will do nothing to stop magnet links. You could cram fucking millions maybe billions of links inside a TXT file.
>>
>>51947150
*in a 10MB TXT file
>>
>>51947150

But distributing them is a pain if you don't have an easily accessible medium like a website.
>>
>>51947184
We could build a program to house a giant fucking magnet link database (that can be updated) with use upvotes or something.

I don't understand why it hasn't been done.
>>
>>51947184
True. Maybe we'll have to move to TOR websites now.
>>
>>51947268
I'll do the logo
>>
How long until we move to IPFS?

https://ipfs.io/
>>
File: anomalous.png (57 KB, 300x122) Image search: [Google]
anomalous.png
57 KB, 300x122
>>51946195
I haven't got pirate stuff for years now. It made sense a decade ago when availability was a pain (internet wasn't that massive, Steam wasn't working world-wide, there were no alternatives to it, Windows was 200USD and hard to find, GNULinux for desktop distros were in diapers, etc) but today all those problems are gone on most parts of the world and we have Netflix and whatnot. Honestly the few things worth getting the pirate way are exotic/obscure stuff that's not for sale on your country anymore/ever (like, I dunno, some japanese stuff) and even those are getting easier to buy. Looks like the Big Brother is going against piracy per se, not Torrents as a whole, so legal torrents will be safe.

What do you guys pirate? I'm honestly curious.
>>
>>51947681
I torrent because a lot of things that I want are available via, torrents
>>
>>51946195
They can just switch hosting.
So again,wow its fucking nothing
>>
>>51946195

perfect dark
>>
>>51946195
>use xdcc
>literally cant be tracked
>always in the clear
feels so good
>>
>>51947681
Only thing I pirate are my Japanese animes, but only because I hate Crunchyroll's website. I used to pirate the occasional game before Steam did their refund stuff just to see how ass it would run. Past that, pretty much what you said as a whole; availability has finally caught up with demand.
>>
>>51948005
>jap trojan pedo net
>>
>>51947268
Limewire
Frostwire
Utorre t
Bittorrent
All did or do this.
>>
The best thing to do would be to make a tor clone that uses a single domain to transverse multiple relaysand hosts to retrieve cached metadata (magnet links), it would require a very special web server to be developed for it.
>>
if they take down rutracker i will anhero
>>
>>51946195
>What is Tribbler?
>>
>>51948614
It's hosted from Russia correct? I doubt Russia gives any fucks about Westerners pirating so what could the U.S. do to a Russian website without consent or a some cyber-warfare?
>>
>>51947681
I have a 500gb xbox and its hard drive is full of mainstream titles. The cost of paying for every single one of them would have been insane.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.