[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITS OVER. APPLE IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT! LITERALLY!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2015/12/18/apple-bear-market-aapl/77560080/

>Apple (AAPL)diehards who keep saying the stock "will come back" are going into hibernation today.

>Shares of the gadget maker closed down another 2.7% Friday to $106.03— knocking the stock down 21% from its recent high of $134.54. The breathtaking decline not only puts Apple into a bear market - defined by a 20% drop — but has obliterated a staggering $160 billion in shareholder wealth from the top.

>Where we're you, when Applel was kill!?

FINISHED
I
N
I
S
H
E
D
>>
>>51945122
>Just to put that into perspective, Apple's $160 billion decline is larger than 477companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 are worth. A drop this bigis the financial equivalent of wiping out the market value of entire companies likePepsico (PEP)at $146billion,International Business Machines (IBM)at $133 billion orNike (NKE)at $111 billion.
>>
>>51945122
>>>/biz/
fuck off
>>
>>51945280
>this doesn't affect the technology industry, at all.
>>
Apple will probably announce a stock buyback soon to get the price back up.
>>
>buy high, sell low
BUY THE FUCKING DIP
NO WONDER YOURE FUCKING POOR
>>
>>51945122
This makes me so happy. I always knew eventually people would say "why the fuck do I buy this?" And changeover to windows or linux/android. In the past year I've only known 2 people to buy an apple product. Even my brother, who has been an apple fan boy since he was 18 (now 30) bought an msi laptop this year. Apple is dead already, and I'm glad to help bury them
>>
>>51945439
Apple will die in our lifetime and it will be glorious. The gravy train stops here, technology industry is so competitive and it is no longer about quality or innovation, it is all about cost and juicing up hardware.

The law of diminishing returns is in full effect now, you can only push smartphones so far before they have to merge with laptops or tablets for further upgrades.
>>
>>51945122
>Where we're you, when Applel was kill?
>Where we're you?
>Where we're...
>we're
Do you use Apple products?
>>
>>51945582
>Apple will die in our lifetime

Your dad said that as well two decades ago and just look how that went.

Apple isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>51945634

Apple did die and were resurrected by MS.
>>
>>51945652
Without Jobs, Apple is once again a sinking ship. They can burn through cash and stay alive for a 100 years, but they can never regain their former glory and innovate like the used to.

Mostly because technology has reached its peak and the materials we use have limitations. Perhaps if Graphene based circuits become mainstream, we will see a new leap in technology.
>>
Good, this time Steve jobs is not there to save them. They have been producing some stupid shit lately. You can only ride muh retina and muh unibody for so long. It will fade to hipster company again.
>>
File: 1391112940346.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1391112940346.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>51945790
>Good, this time Steve jobs is not there to save them.
why would you say that?
>>
>>51945875
Because he's dead?
>>
everyone in this thread is delusional.
>>
>>51945122
>but has obliterated a staggering $160 billion in shareholder wealth from the top.
Nonsense. The wealth is still there, only in different hands
>>
Just Google it and you'll find apple has lost tremendous stock several times before and can (with slight ease) get it all back due to their 100% markup on products and society's opinion that their products are superior.
The only way for them to die is to fuck up on maybe two generations in a row so bad that the hipsters will turn away from it (keep in mind introducing the "apple apple" in grocery stores where a bite is taken out of it would sell $3 a piece easily)
>>
>>51946018
>opinion
>>
>>51945280
>being an edgy teenager because not able to comprehend the stock market

You can fuck off, pal.
>>
File: appl.png (31 KB, 622x354) Image search: [Google]
appl.png
31 KB, 622x354
>>51946018
>>51946035
Its just normalizing. No Stock can keep rising like that for years, especially not a company that is already as big as Apple.

Apple has lots of products that sell well with big profit margins. The iPhone has no contender that will replace it on its market position any time soon, the iPhone is the only smart phone that sells with a good profit margin. Macs are doing exceptionally well on the market too and Apple is basically the only laptop manufacturer that was able to increase its market share in the last year of declining PC sales. The only thing that has decreased its sales is basically the iPad, which is still far from being a loosing deal for Apple.
>>
>>51946078
>comprehend the stock market
You guys are worse than /biz/

>prices go up
BUY, BUY, BUY. Why didnt you buy AAPL
>prices go down
Oy vey, AAPL is finished.
>>
File: How-About-No-01.jpg (44 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
How-About-No-01.jpg
44 KB, 600x358
>>51945122
Has anybody ever tought a little further than
>HURR APPRE FINALLY IZ FINISHED,NOW I CAN JERK OFF TO ANDOROID EVEN MOOREE
?
If apple would really go bancrupt, which will take a while, then the only thing left will be android and windows. Do you realize that all android phones will raise their prices, to become the new apple? And win. will take the niche of the poor mans phone, it has established it self there already.
I like android, but god help us all, when that shit will suddenly have no competition. The quality will suffer even more, for the os and the phones.
>>
>>51945911
WTF?
>>
>>51945122
that's what happens when you over saturate the market while constantly putting competitors down and treating customers like retards with slight tweaks and claiming them as revolutionary.
>>
>>51946018
>due to their 100% markup on products and society's opinion that their products are superior.

This 1000x. The iPhone is still firmly a status symbol and as shit countries gradually gain wealth they too are clamoring to buy an iPhone, almost purely as a status symbol. No Android maker on the planet has the type of brand equity that Apple does. Keep in mind that the average consumer has absolutely no clue about how technology works or how to compare specs, in fact many probably don't even know that the iPhone runs on iOS.
>>
>Bankrupt
>Literally the most powerful, most influential, most valuable and most innovative technology corporation on the planet
>>
>>51946341
>most innovative technology corporation

GR8 B8 M8. Making dumbed-down products for people that find it hard to operate a drip coffee maker is hardly innovative.
>>
>>51946412
Sigh, jealous poorfag detected...
>>
I'm buying some stocks, soon it'll go back up a company as big as apple or microsoft can't be finished anon
>>
>>51945652
Literally this. MS should've dropped them on there heads.
>>
File: gates.jpg (64 KB, 850x526) Image search: [Google]
gates.jpg
64 KB, 850x526
yfw this happens again
>>
File: 1382399644213.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1382399644213.gif
1 MB, 360x270
>bankrupt

>"Apple is still worth more than any other U.S. company"

At least read the fucking article you're posting before going on a capslock spree.
>>
>>51946799
>there
Haha
>>
>>51945401
Jfc this desu SENPAI srsly
>>
File: 2015-12-19 21.19.28.png (101 KB, 1074x1351) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19 21.19.28.png
101 KB, 1074x1351
Apple was finished in 2013 too :^)
>>
>>51946205

Are you stupid? Prices has been sky high BECAUSE of Apple with the price tag of iPhones. HTC, Sony or whatever other company still has to compete with each other with or without Apple.

Windows has been pushing out budget phones for the past 5 years and will continue to do so to gain any foothold in the market.
>>
>>51945122
Mac and Iphone have a market hare of 10% each but enjoy a profit margin of 90%
Stop being misinformed OP
Be a informed poorfag like me
>>
>>51949169
>being this misinformed
>>
>>51945122
>APPLE IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT! LITERALLY!
I don't think you know what any of these words mean. It's bad, but they have plenty of cash and assets to keep going for ages.
>>
>Apple will die

As much as i hate it, too, even if it dies, there will be something that will replace it. And maybe it will be even worse, who knows.
>>
>>51945122
>where were you when apple was kill

Chick-fil-A enjoying mcnuggers
>>
>>51946799
>>51945652

They had no choice, it was a price to pay for not getting busted up by the feds into multiple companies
>>
>>51946485
>didnt refute his point

wow good job applefag
>>
>>51945361
>Applel
>Any real influence in real tech
niceme.me
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.