[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are expensive gaming mice a meme? Will a Logitech G503 be any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 4642008_sa.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4642008_sa.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
Are expensive gaming mice a meme?
Will a Logitech G503 be any better compared to my cheapo Sentey Gammitus GS-3500?
Will it have any noticeable differences in game?
>>
>>51942993
See
http://www.logicalincrements.com/peripherals/mouse.html
>>
>falling for the PC gaming meme
>>
The main benefit is comfort and number of buttons. Logitechs also tend to be pretty well built compared to cheapos, but that's not always the case.

I had a G503 and really liked it, but got into CS and switched to a G303 because I wanted a smaller, lighter mouse.
>>
I own that mouse. Anything higher than 4000 DPI is for shits and giggles. Got it on sale for $40. Had to deal with other cheap shit mice that wear out quick before this one.
>>
>>51943101
It's a pretty great meme desu senpai
>>
File: wrist support.jpg (584 KB, 946x785) Image search: [Google]
wrist support.jpg
584 KB, 946x785
Are mousepads a meme?

What are some /g/ approved pads?
>>
>>51943130
>current year
>being a c︂︂uc︂︂k to the word filters

s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>51943128
To me, anything over 2000 is insane. I use 800 for CSGO and 1200 for most other stuff.
>>
>be any better
yes
>Will it have any noticeable differences in game?
probably not for you

if you can notice your mouse making errors, you need a better mouse
if you can't notice how flawed your mouse is, it's probably good enough for you

g502 is current top tier when it comes to an experience with as few errors as possible

getting a good mouse will not make you pro, but using a bad mouse will hold a pro back (or more likely, just irritate the hell out of a pro)
>>
g502 is great desu

>>51943156
>he doesnt actually type out the words
baka senpai
>>
>>51943119
G502 and G303 are the two best mice on the market right now. They have the single best sensor out of all mice, and have amazing build quality.
The G502 has more weight and more buttons.
The G303 is lighter and has a more classic shape.
Both are comfy as fuck.
>>
>>51943128
I use 4000 for desktop usage with MarkC mouse fix at 1-to-1 translation. I hate having to move my wrist when I move the mouse.
>>
>>51943142
Artisan makes the best mousepads on the planet. Downside is there a tad bit expensive.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>51942993
>that design
Ugh, fucking gamers.
>>
>>51943101
>falling for the P̶C̶ gaming meme
>>
Steelseries Sensei $40
/thread
>>
>>51942993
I think the biggest upgrade would be getting any modern optical mouse with a known good sensor, everything else, the weight and ergonomics, is up to you.
Want a Bane-sized mouse? Kone XTD optical, want something that weighs almost nothing? G303, and so on.
>>
File: 1394375178987.jpg (29 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1394375178987.jpg
29 KB, 316x202
I got OP's mouse just over a week ago. The free scroll wheel went from being able to spin for ages, like 30 seconds with one flick and now it stops after like 5 seconds. Is this normal or what? I've kept the mouse clean and nothing is clogged in it. Seriously dissapointed.
>>
>>51942993
I got that mouse recently, starting to get used to it.

First time I bought an expensive mouse, love the free scroll wheel and additional buttons. Even browsing with it feels comfy.

It is pretty flexible, I can program different settings for different processes so it automatically switches my button mapping when I switch games or even alt tab to my browser.

Their software still has some bugs that need to be ironed out though. Like the Gshift button fucking up sometimes when you set different DPI options for different applications.

I want to try messing with the lua scripting function sometime, it could come in handy.
The weight system bothers me though and the scroll wheel button is too stiff to click.

I find it difficult to click the G7 button without clicking the RMB, and the sniper button is too easy to missclick when I move the mouse since my thumb rests on it.

I have to figure out how to adjust height sensitivity somehow, when I lift the mouse the cursor goes a little crazy sometimes which gets irritating when I am in a pinch.

The mouse looks like ass but I don't give two fucks about aesthetics as long is it does its job and feels comfy. I think I could have gone for a comfier mouse, but I can't find any with the features the G502 packs.
>>
>>51945708
answer>>51945666 pls
>>
>>51945666
hmm, I only purchased the mouse 2 weeks or so ago and my free scroll runs just fine without stopping immediately. I've been using and abusing free scroll because I like to flick it.

But I haven't used the locked scroll wheel mode much. I think the stiffer mode wears it down quicker if you use it too much and go hard on it.

I only use locked mode in game for light tasks like weapon switching which don't take too much scrolling.

I don't use it for scrolling through spreadsheets or web pages.
>>
>>51945666
Mine still spins forever after a year. You probably got some dirt, thread, hair into the wheel that slows it.
>>
>>51943142
I blew a fair amount of money around $40 ausbucks on a logitech cloth and hard mat to try both.

I like cloth more, hard mat is too slippery might be good for twitch shooters but if you are playing an RTS or doing general browsing it feels like a pain in the ass to control the cursor even if I lower the DPI I always end up overshooting the link I want to click unless I go for a crazy low DPI which wears down my mouse feet and hard mat quicker from constantly lifting the mouse and moving larger distances.

Wish I got that dex cloth mat for the price of both,the logitech one is too thin and flimsy, I feel those two mouse pads will last a few months before they start to degrade even if I do not abuse them.

Ah well not a big loss, was just dipping my feet to see what type of mat I'd prefer before committing to something pricier.

Good thing I didn't go for an expensive aluminum pad, I'd like to tray a cloth mat with an arm rest for my wrist, I don't move the mouse much so a 300x300mm or so mouse pad seems like a waste since I do not use that much space.

I just move the mouse using my wrist as a pivot point without lifting my hand from the mouse pad.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.