[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the biggest pros and cons of a macbook anon domini almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What are the biggest pros and cons of a macbook anon domini almost 2016?
>>
Also is additional encryption on time machine necessary when the system HDD is encrypted already?
>>
Pros: it's shiny
Cons: it's a Mac
>>
cons - quantity of games, price
pros - everything else
>>
>>51942091
PROS:
>it will make it easy to pick up cute guys with scarves at starbucks
>free prostate exam every time you visit the genius bar
CONS:
>You'll be a fruitcake macfaggot
>AIDS
>>
>>51942116
I mean yeah, if you don't want the feds finding your cheese pizza
>>
depends what you use your computer for.
>>
I got the early 2015 macbook pro for uni, and I can feel the internals moving if I tilt it a bit. On top of that, the trackpad worries me a ton after it started fucking up and doing this really loud click as if it were breaking. It fixed itself but still doesn't feel right.

My first mac and I already feel bad about it.
>>
>>51942116
Time machine will not copy your encryption if that's what you're asking. If your system partition is encrypted and your time machine partition isn't, your data in the time machine partition will not be encrypted.
>>
>>51942091
Pros
> great OS to HW optimization
> custom kernel tailored just for the machines apple produces
> simple programs management
> fullblown *nix under the hood when you need it, just like at home

Cons:
> too much custom stuff inside, you can't fiddle with a lot of things like you did with linux
> animations everywhere
>>
File: 1438268224443.jpg (12 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
1438268224443.jpg
12 KB, 318x159
Pros
>Best trackpad period. Only thing better is using an actual mouse.
>High quality high PPI display.
>ATW polarizer
>Laptop speakers are actually loud
>OS X is easily the best everyday desktop OS

Cons
>Fragile, especially the screen
>Battery life isn't anything special for the price. (5-7 hours)
>Gimped keyboard
>Only two USB ports
>Magsafe power connector frays if you bend it too much
>Power connector is easily knocked off if you're trying to use laptop in bed
>Aluminum gets dirty easy
>>
>>51944272
the power connector is designed to be easily knocked off, but at the same time it doesn't wreck the machine in the process.
>>
>>51944608

The design is shitty. First off it detatches vertically so it comes off all the time and if the cord is pulled right it actually doesn't even prevent the laptop from being pulled. The only really great thing about it is that it's probably impossible to break the connector on the laptop itself, unlike most other brands.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.