[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I am a retard. I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 mother boar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 35-103-099-08.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
35-103-099-08.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Hi I am a retard. I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 mother board. http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/

I need to get a new cpufan/heatsink since I have a stock intel one on and it seems to be just going ape shit all the time.

Not sure if it matters, but i have a Intel i5-3570K quad core cpu

How do I know which ones will fit, or just recommend me one please!
>>
>>51941832
To cool a CPU at those speeds you need a Noctua NH-D14 bare minimum. Would recommend looking into closed looped water cooling. Corsair H90 would be ideal.
>>
>>51941873
That will fit on the motherboard? That seems like a pretty bulky item, I really need that much?
>>
>>51941920
I was joking. It's way, way too much. The motherboard doesn't matter, pretty much any cooler is going to fit that socket. What matters is if your case has enough room to fit the cooler. What kind of case do you have?
>>
>>51941950
Some Antec shit with a giant fan on the top. I don't know what model but there is quite a bit of space.
>>
>>51941990
Okay, get either coolermaster Hyper 212+ or 212+ EVO. Both care about $30 and they will be both quiet and cool. (It's the one you have pictured).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Either will fit in your case (which I'm guessing is an antec 900).
>>
File: ucC665W.jpg (934 KB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
ucC665W.jpg
934 KB, 3200x2400
>>51941990
...or go full liquid cooling. You know you want to.
>>
>>51942025
Cool. I can just pop the stock intel one off and apply that paste crap and good to go with the new one?
>>
>>51942092
Here's what you do. Remove the intel heatsync (check youtube for instructions so you don't break the mobo). Next, take a rag and some rubbing alcohol and get ALL of the old thermal paste of the CPU. Make that fucker so clean it sparkles.

Apply the thermal paste that comes with the cooler (or buy some aftermarket stuff; IC Diamond is the good stuff. Arctic Silver 5 is also pretty good). *

Finally, install the new cooler per the instructions,or find a youtube video. he 212 is the most popular cooler of all time, somebody has made an instruction video, probably with your mobo.

*There is a never ending debate about how to apply thermal paste. I usually place a small dab in the center about the size of a small pea then let the pressure from the cooler spread it around. Other people claim the best method is to use a utensil to spread the stuff around first. Odds are the cooler will tell you to do it one way, the paste will come with different directions and some fucker on the internet will demonstrate the installation process using some random third method.
>>
>>51942166
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. You have restored my faith in humanity.
>>
>>51942303
Any time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.