[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, you fuckers, the biggest privacy loving fucks on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: cisa-surveillance-3b.png (14 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
cisa-surveillance-3b.png
14 KB, 1200x630
Seriously, you fuckers, the biggest privacy loving fucks on the planet aren't bitching about how CISA is now law?
>>
>>51939277
no sense in bitching now, that'll only make you a bigger target.
>>
>>51939277
It's already passed so who gives a shit. It's not like they weren't doing all that before anyway
>>
>being an americuck
>>
>>51939506
what country do you live in?
>>
>>51939277
I'm not 'murican, just sleepless.
>>
>>51939535
en zed
>>
>>51939277
I know everybody hates a quitter

But when Geronimo said, "No, we are still at war. Fuck these cowards, let's leave the reservation, conquer the palefaces and drive them back across the sea"

It's over, man. Deal with it. You know?
>>
>>51939549
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

enjoy! you're under full surveillance by my country too.
>>
As fucked up as it is, it's nothing new. It just lets companies and govt share info with no consequences. They were already doing all this.
Besides, if you are sharing anything with Facebook, Google, or any of the rest, you deserve what you get.
>>
>>51939601
This.
The only thing you can do about it is what you should have been doing all along. Move away from invasive services and software to something better, and help everyone you know do the same. Don't preach or evangelize, but have facts ready. Help people once they have decided that enough is enough.
>>
In a sense, the problem isn't that this bill permits companies to give over their huge dossiers on people. The problem is that those companies have so much information to give in the first place. This will keep happening as long as Google and Facebook's business model is to know every knowable piece of information about their users, so as to show them advertising.
>>
>>51939655
Don't be a "user", and you won't have a problem.

Seriously though, the level of detail of info that those companies have on people is fucking scary.
>>
>>51939583
>five eyes
Oh, what news!

I thought CISA was about isp logging? Still nothing to do with me.
>>
>>51939694
>>Don't be a "user", and you won't have a problem.
yes you will. look at that court case in Belgium where they're mad about how Facebook tracks people that don't have an account. You have to kill scripts, cookies, flash, browser fingerprinting, and probably quite a lot more besides
>>
>>51939739
I do.
And I do what I can to set up simple, transparent, add-ons for anyone else that cares. Those people are notably few, but so do what I can. This whole situation disgusts me.
>>
It is now 100% legal for companies to share all of the information they know about you with the Government for any reason or no reason [i.e. Reason is a legal fig leaf at best], basically.

No warrant, no nothing
>>
>>51940028
Yeah, but we knew this was going on before. It's really nothing new. Not saying we shouldn't be all kinds of fucking pissed about it, but it makes little practical difference.
>>
Does anyone know of a site that has an overview all of the leaks and fucked up laws that have come to pass in the last few years? I know EFF and a few others have actual documents available for view, but I'm looking for that AND commentary. I have a project in mind, going back through old Schnier and EFF blog posts looking up each individual occurrence will be ... work intensive.
>>
Pick up that can, citizen.
>>
How safe am I if I work on usa but live in Mexico?
>>
>current year
>unironically using a computer
>>
>>51940321
If you're not a US citizen, that's even worse.
>>
>>51940362
I am a citizen
>>
>>51940409
You'll only be on 3 lists instead of 10
>>
>>51940481
>>51940409
Yeah, as fucked up as the US gov't treats it's own citizens (in this regard), the rest of the world gets it much worse.
>>
>>51939277
>thinking america can be saved from fascism
Just nuke it already
>>
>>51940028
I'm pretty sure everyone who has previously visited 4chan has been automatically placed on a government watch list anyways even before the law came into effect.
>>
>>51940556
yeah lol until US citizenship becomes a meanlingless joke by how it's about to be flooded by low quality humans once female obama is elected
>>
America: Where `freedom' just means `muh guns'.
>>
>>51940666
satan confirms
>>
Anons, what can I do to fight cisa, now that it's law?
>>
>>51941773
stop breaking the law you fucking pedo scum
>>
>>51939277
There's no delaying the inevitable.
>>
A group of spergs shit all over the place for "gaming journalism" and some retards on tumblr, but nobody does anything about this shit. Fuck everyone.
>>
>>51943238
You can't do anything about this Tbh, they were waiting for the right events to implement this.
>>
because it didnt actually do shit
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.