[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this shit any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Image1.gif (7 KB, 485x255) Image search: [Google]
Image1.gif
7 KB, 485x255
Is this shit any good?
>>
>>51938757
Purchase a shitty GPS with a Windows CE sticker and find out.
>>
>>51938757
it follows the finest tradition of Microsoft Windows products.
>>
File: mscement2.png (28 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
mscement2.png
28 KB, 720x529
>>51938757
>>
Whoa just nostalgia'd hard.
>>
File: z50_02.jpg (70 KB, 740x660) Image search: [Google]
z50_02.jpg
70 KB, 740x660
The hardware was nifty, don't think the OS quite lived up to its potential though.
>>
File: dreamwince.jpg (41 KB, 639x473) Image search: [Google]
dreamwince.jpg
41 KB, 639x473
>>51939671
>>
>>51938757
i had an ericsson mc16 with CE2 and a compaq ipaq with CE3. they were turds with short battery lives bad connectivity and no software.
if you want a good vintage handheld get yourself a psion 5mx or a palm Vx.
>>
File: HP_Jornada_720.jpg (226 KB, 1335x1058) Image search: [Google]
HP_Jornada_720.jpg
226 KB, 1335x1058
I had a Jornada 720 back in the day and loved it.

I kind of wish devices with this form factor were still around, now that mobile hardware is so powerful and we have high-res displays that make much better use of space.
>>
File: img_1392.jpg (126 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
img_1392.jpg
126 KB, 1024x682
>>51942561
last mini pc afaik with that form factor was the Vaio P. side note, those jornadas seem like theyd be fun to mess with with linux on them,related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s-tekLn7Nc
>>
WINCE IS DOGSHIT BUT MICROSOFT GOT LOTS OF EMBEDDED DEVICE DEALS

LOTS OF THOSE BARCODE SCANNERS AND UPS FEDEX GUYS STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH WINCE TO THIS DAY
>>
>>51938757
Literally the same kernel family as WinPhone 7 but with a Win9x style GUI on top.

>>51943216
There's a very well maintained NetBSD port to the Jornadas.
>>
>windows ce
what is this, 2001?
>>
>>51939723
I love the sega dreamcast. I think there are a few private quake 3 and phantasy star online servers still in operation to this day.
>>
Can anyone else see "colors" in that Windows flag that aren't really there? I don't know if it's my display, or if I'm seeing this illusion because of how hard MS shoves their branding down people's throats.
>>
>>51939671
That all-blue IBM logo should have been the standard for some ThinkPads. It looks fucking good.
>>
The one really good part about windows ce was: Microsoft pushed it HARD. The embedded platforms at the time could not keep up, so MS put pressure on the SoC manufacturers to make faster models with more RAM. WinCE still sucked on these, but it could no longer blame the limitations of the hardware.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.