[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Why didn't it take off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: YouTube-Gaming.jpg (27 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-Gaming.jpg
27 KB, 700x400
What went wrong? Why didn't it take off?
>>
>>51938215
Because twitch exists and does Youtube Gaming better.
>>
>fuck playing games, lets watch videos of other people playing games
I hate what the world has become
>>
>>51938484
Have you never watched a sport on tv?
It is not totally dissimilar, plus what the fuck do you care what people do with their time?
>>
>>51938536
Watching sports on TV is fucking boring too, especially when competition isn't even a factor
>>
File: 3s3k1d.jpg (46 KB, 475x268) Image search: [Google]
3s3k1d.jpg
46 KB, 475x268
>>51938568
>>
>>51938536
Caring what other people do with their time is what people watching video game streams do.
All the same stuff can be said about watching sports too. What's the appeal of watching other people play sports? While I'm not too into sports myself, it's a lot healthier and a lot more engaging to actually play those sports.
>>
>>51938536
Watching other people play videogames is fucking pathetic. You just can't gloss over it with you vague sports comparison.
>>
Because playing any sort of copyrighted content flags their ID system and it warns to cease immediately or be banned.

People have been flagged for playing a game with its soundtrack turned on.
>>
>>51938228
This.
>>
youtube is full of normies

gamers like to play the "outcasts from society" card

it was dead before it was even announced
>>
>>51938215
Most of the content on the homepage is non-streaming, prerecorded content, which is way less interesting than streaming content. Not sure why they're positioning the site this way.

Whoever is choosing the content for the homepage is doing a shit job.
>>
>>51939596
>Whoever is choosing the content for the homepage is doing a shit job.
implying it's a person
it's an ad-targeting program that chooses what you see on there anon
>>
>>51938215
Because twitch was there first, and now no one really bothers with youtube gaming.
Even though youtube livestreaming is much better than twitch.
>>
Because established streamers have no reason to switch to youtube. When twitch was a new thing, they offered very lucrative contracts to streamers on stream/livestream to switch to justintv. Youtube isn't doing this, and their streaming contracts are not nearly appealing enough for people to risk switching. Plus all of the contentID bs, it is all more of a hassle for no real gain.

The only way it will take off is if new streamers start there and take off, which will not happen because it hasn't/didnt for hitbox, azubu, own3d, etc.
>>
Because twitch, the same reason why Google+ was a stupid idea
>>
>>51939675
I'm talking about whoever picks how much of the home page is streaming vs pre-recorded content. I guarantee you that's a person.

The fact that the homepage is 90% pre-recorded content is ridiculous if they're trying to compete against Twitch which puts 100% emphasis on streaming, with pre-recorded content taking a backseat.

I go to streaming sites to see streamers, not markipliers latest hilarious video that is clearly aimed at pre-pubescent kids.
>>
Can't switch the twitch...kappa.
>>
because the manchild "gamer" market doesn't even exist
>>
File: Captura de Tela (15).png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Captura de Tela (15).png
1 MB, 1600x900
I use it as my personal youtube subscription site
>>
>>51939811
Pretty interesting, but doesnt it load like shit? I just use my blank profile page as a bookmark and look at the sidebar for new subscription video notifications.
>>
File: Captura de Tela (16).png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Captura de Tela (16).png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>51939836
I went to regular youtube and changed www to gaming and it gave me the 'gaming version of that channel'.
>>
>>51938215
I believe it's Googles fetish to have products that don't take off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products
>>
File: 2015-12-18_21-58-12.png (438 KB, 1921x1039) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18_21-58-12.png
438 KB, 1921x1039
When is /g/ going to showcase its coding skills on twitch programming/game development section?
>>
File: torvalds.jpg (56 KB, 453x294) Image search: [Google]
torvalds.jpg
56 KB, 453x294
>>51939944
>/g/
>coding skills
>>
File: 1411515525663.jpg (165 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1411515525663.jpg
165 KB, 1024x768
>>51939982
>>
File: 1450051970843.jpg (13 KB, 217x229) Image search: [Google]
1450051970843.jpg
13 KB, 217x229
>>51939944
>>51939982
>coding shills
>>
>>51938536
WATCHING SPORTS: rooting for professional athletes who spend their days trying to achieve the best with their limited human bodies.

WATCHING TWITCH: literally seeing and listening to SCUM KIDS TALKING WITH AN ANNOYING VOICE AND MAKING FACES RHOAEREARATAQRIAEIOYTREARAEREARAERAERA I HATE YOU I HATE YOU SO MUCH
>>
>>51938215
Loyalty to twitch is all
>>
>>51938215
Because it's extremely redundant. Normal Youtube is already an excellent archive of gaming videos, and twitch already has an established infrastructure and userbase. Youtube gaming doesn't introduce any new revolutionary features either, so there's really no incentive for users or content producers to switch to it.

Twitch is the best for livestreaming, and youtube is already the best for watching past videos.
>>
>>51938604
>While I'm not too into sports myself
Well then there's your fucking problem. It's a lot more fun when you're familiar with the sport but want to see how or why are other people better at it.
>>
>>51940462
As I see it, watching both is stupid and boring as fuck. You basically watch somebody else wasting their lives when you could be wasting yours the same way.
>wow, he wasted his life kicking a ball and now he can kick a ball really good
>wow, he wasted his life playing a game and now he can play the game really good

Watch a movie or read a book or something if you want to spend your time passively.
>>
>>51940643
Yeah, I agree. The amount of time grown ass "supporters" spend on worthless footy kicky games is ridiculous.
>>
>>51938484
>>51939421
>>51940462

Crusty old /g/entoos detected. Go tell at people driving foreign cars or something you faggots
>>
>>51938484
Because throwing up your hate on 4fuckingchan is so much better of a pass time.
You're pathetic.
>>
>>51938228
>outdated flash video stream
>no live pause / rewind
>no VoDs or video quality options if not partnered

How is it "better"?
>>
Huh? It's very successful.

Established streamers had stream archives going to YouTube for forever. YouTube makes that easier AND it's a million times better than shitty old twitch.

I made the switch ASAP. Twitch fucked me over for far too long, and I'm not alone in switching.
>>
>>51938215

you cant even change the fucking game you're playing and have it update without taking your entire stream down

also for whatever reason when streaming from xsplit it looks like shit compared to the twitch feed, which makes zero sense

also the chat function sucks ass, no bot mods options

only thing i use it for is a mirror of my twitch incase someone cant watch my bit rate so they can watch it transcoded on YT

but hardly anyone ever watches
>>
>>51939753
>own3d

I miss those guys, just preferred their layout and player overall to twitch
>>
>>51940643
Was waiting to read a reply like this..
I have lived on the internet since I was 10.... Did not know how to talk to people. I noticed that. Yt vids were a goldmine on learning how to do stuff around 2008 megaupload was a thing..... Now its literally clickbait and affiliate links. I'm starting to fking hate normies these Days. People who watch streams when they could be doing something
>>
>>51943011

Not to mention most videos are just looking to make a quick buck from YouTube's Adsense
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.