[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit, /g/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot83.png (8 KB, 573x55) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot83.png
8 KB, 573x55
What the fuck is this shit, /g/ ?
>>
>>51937929
Xorg
>>
Nvidia raping your system.
>>
>>51937929
Trash.
>>
>>51937929
A problem you wouldn't have with Windows 10. It's memory management is so sweet it makes you cry tears of joy.
>>
File: 490.jpg (23 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
23 KB, 627x626
>>51937947
I'm using nvidia, is it due to shit drivers? It's the first time I notice this.

>>51937952
Pic related.
>>
>>51937966
>I'm using nvidia, is it due to shit drivers? It's the first time I notice this.
Hell if I know? I just googled your problem and the answer was there.

Also >>51937952 is right.
>>
It's your DE. What are you running, like Gnome or something? Xorg is just a framework, my WM idles at 3% CPU usage and 200MB of ram.
>>
>>51938081
Forgot to mention, I'm also using nvidia, 304xx gtx 660.
>>
>>51938081
Plasma 5, nvidia 358.16, gtx 560 Ti.
>>
>>51937952
>Implying the graphics drivers that Windows 10 automatically installs don't have a memory leak

Seriously the Intel HD drivers for 4th gen core processors that Windows 10 decides to install for you are super outdated and would make my computer crash at least once a day due to the shitty leak. I had to find the update online manually to make it stop doing that.
>>
>>51938142
>kde
Yup, that's the problem. Try something like XFCE or LDXE instead. Gnome, KDE and Unity are DEs to stay clear of if you have performance issues
>>
>>51937929
If you don't like it, just fork it.
>>
>>51938161
I have been using KDE for ages, and it's actually the first time I notice this.
>>
>not understanding how linux kernel manages memory
>>
>>51938193
>forking nvidia proprietary drivers
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.