[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Antivirus for Windows 7 to use? I have been using Avast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 295x171
Which Antivirus for Windows 7 to use? I have been using Avast for years now and it started to be really annoying with all of the pop ups for upgrade and buying premium package. There are also classic spam messages like "24 useless program to deactivated, click here to upgrade"

Does decent free antivirus for windows exist or it's only worth buying a paid license if you want proper protection?
>>
Turn on silent mode retard.
>>
>>51937656
360 Total Security (Essential)
>Free
>Chink heuristic engine (kinda useless) + Bitdefender engine + Avira engine all in one antivirus
>More lightweight than avira or bitdefender alone
>super silent
>never bothers to upgrade or things like that (I don't even think there's a paid version)
copy pasta'd from another thread.
>>
>>51937697
>360 Total Security
I'm surprised how good it is
>>
>>51937656
>Which Antivirus for Windows 7 to use?

I find DBAN useful and works for all Window's viruses including system32.
>>
>>51937683
it's not about silent mod you moron. Its interface and obvious bitching for money shows what kind of program it is and they are only interested in more sales rather than offering good protection
>>
>>51937697
>>51937712
Enjoy your bloated adware
>>
>>51937938
You've literally never tried that AV or you would not say that it's either bloated or adware.
>>
Bitdefender free
>>
Bitdefender. Its free and doesn't give you any notifications (unless it's quarantined a threat).
>>
Been awhile since I last used Comodo, is it still good?
>>
Common Sense 2015
>>
>>51937955
Fucking wrong. I'm chinese and back around the XP/vista era when I knew next to nothing about computers my mother would find a couple of her friends to look at our family PC when she thinks it's broken. They always end up installing that POS and it slowed firefox down from around 10 seconds of startup time to literally well over a minute. The very final time I came across that thing it wanted you to install their malwarebytes clone, their browser, their app store and fuck if I remember what the fuck else.
>>
File: 1450449442079.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
1450449442079.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>51938412
>XP/Vista era
>>
>>51938500
great argument fagtron you sure showed me with those hot opinons
>>
File: aaa.png (86 KB, 893x582) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
86 KB, 893x582
>>51938539
Sorry I'm tired. I'll try to sum up:

Qihu used to do shitty antivirusses: not only their detection and removal was not that great but it was also mediocre performance wise.

They realized it and something like 2 years ago they completely redid their av program making it blazing fast and then to overcome the detection problem they integrated the possibility to use other antivirus engines.
Qihu's engine is heuristic and often does false flags, but thanks to the ability to use bitdefender and avira you can always have a second and third opinion on that file.

Also trust me, I've never, ever seen a popup or any ad from them. I was like you, everyone knew that it was a meme, but then I read a quite good article that compared various AV and it showed that the new qihu was quite fast and fully functional, so I give it a try. I've been using it for a little more than a year now.

(I've only tried the essential version tho)
(Yeah I know that it says "only" 260 days, I upgraded PC this year)

tl;dr; Companies, like people, change and not always the changes make things worse.
>>
>>51938905
Alright then. I'm not going to bother verifying this because I'm getting along just fine with no AV at all. I'll reconsider when mbam actually shows a single positive.
>>
linux is the best antivirus
>>
>>51938905
googled Qihu
"Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd., or Qihoo 360, is a Chinese internet security company"
>Chinese
>Internet security
choose one
>>
>>51938905
>chinese AV
enjoy your chink botnet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.