[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macbook Pro user. Got it for uni (film and tv) and I really like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 262x192
Macbook Pro user. Got it for uni (film and tv) and I really like it. Saved up £600 to beef it up. Recommendations?

I dont have an iPhone or iPad so nothing that includes them please.

Willing to take stick for being a mac user for aome genuine advice.
>>
File: bac.jpg (27 KB, 680x576) Image search: [Google]
bac.jpg
27 KB, 680x576
>>51936851
>mac
>not apple
>>
>>51936851
There isn't much that you can do. Get an SSD if you don't have one yet, and upgrade the ram if you think you need it.
>>
>>51936851
Beefing up a mac is a pain in the ass and even professionals often damage the hardware beyond repair when attempting it. You might be able to add some extra ram possibly. Other than that you will likely break it. It's not very upgradeable, it's a mac. If you want a beefier machine then you are supposed to buy a new machine, that's the idea. Anyone working for Apple would probably also say the same thing, even apple "geniuses" won't help you with Beefing up the machine
>>
>>51937483
Thanks bud. i knew i was buying a final piece of kit when i purchased it, but knowing the limits is a massive help.
>>
>>51936851
spend that on gym equipment and beef urself up m8
>>
>>51936851
Fuck off troll
>>
>>51936851

The best you could possibly do is put the max amount of RAM (probably 16GB) and a fast SSD for running the OS and everything else off it.
>>
>>51936851
>saved up 600 euros for upgrades

Did you add 4gb ddr2?
>>
>>51938508
/Thread
>>
>>51938400
This

You can also replace the optical disk drive (if there is one) with 2.5" drive caddy for extra storage drive slot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.