[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get domain name from godaddy >blasted with marketing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1412984669731[2].gif (160 KB, 390x379) Image search: [Google]
1412984669731[2].gif
160 KB, 390x379
>get domain name from godaddy
>blasted with marketing shit, buzzwords, shitty web ui, feature limitations like no private dns or dyndns
>somehow #1

>switch to iwantmyname.com
>costs less, has all the features, web ui not programmed by idiots, company doesn't pretend basic shit like dyndns is rocket science
>somehow nobody knows them

>have postpaid cellphone plan with country's typical operator
>expensive, slow, stupid customer service (budget alert at 7 in the morning on saturday to tell you you used 17 cents, helpdesk asks callers for account password so they can look into settings, website gives error messages all over for weeks, lags behind on things like payment status, etc), shit website full of irrelevant shit like pictures of smiling people
>somehow #1

>switch to mobile vikings
>cheaper, better service, better website actually fucking works and is designed well, payment options are not limited to fucking credit cards but include paypal, paycards and fucking bitcoin, process is automated and flawless
>call for free to other vikings
>somehow nobody knows them

>be with 1 of the only 2 ISPs of shit country
>modem/router they provide is complete shit, cannot into proper html forms, cannot into logging, cannot into sane ui design, no documentation, takes 5 minutes to fucking reboot, costs fuckton of money per month
>produced 100% in-house but also officially 100% unsupported in any way
>stupid belgians are so fucking used to taking corporate cock in the ass they will fucking defend the company when you tell them about this bullshit

>try some new chink shit linux distro
>expect utter shit
>bluetooth, sound, wifi, video driver work out of the box
>programs list has "uninstall" context menu entry, literally the only distro to ever have this
>barely any bloat you don't want and have to uninstall first, unlike all other distros

Free market competition doesn't fucking work when normies can't tell good from bad and shit companies can run free unopposed.
>>
>>51936554
everything is shit and if we're going to accept this and be pigs we may as well just kill ourselves
>>
How is the linux example good if all distros save for a few enterprise ones gratis?

People use the most popular ones because large userbase = large community of package maintainers and greater chance you'll get an answer on tech support forums.
>>
>godaddy

kek. A general rule is never buy any service or product advertised on tv. If they have the profit margins to do that, do you think it's because they're giving you a good deal?
>>
>>51936554

>gandi
>dreamhost
>namecheap
>digital ocean
>maaaaaybe AWS.

No reason to use any others. Especially at your level.
>>
>>51936554
May I know the name of the chink distro?
>>
>>51936668
Explain to me how it makes sense for the biggest distros to have the shittiest user experience like failing wifi, no out of the box audio, handicapped GUI (I tried a few different distros and they all have so many problems in their GUIs like broken color theme support in official programs, some chink shit team is the only one I've seen implement this basic right-click -> uninstall feature), etc. Why are the biggest players always the worst at their jobs and vice versa?

Another example is mozilla vs vivaldi. Firefox with its endless resources and years of market presence is becoming shitter with every update while some startup nobody knows has already surpassed everything they had.
>>
>>51936717
Deepin

Expect mac-tier gayness of the UI though. Granted, it works well, but it's gay as fuck.

>>51936712
>my level
>implying you know shit about me and my "level"
>>
>>51936748
I expected something really obscure. Deepin is quite known, although not many people use it.
>>
>>51936748
>Deepin
Thank you for answering.
Does it come with English language out of the box or only chinese?
>>
>>51936731
>ff just updated to 43
>finally fixed choppy 60fps videos on youtube

THANK YOU OPENSOURCE I WAITED 1 YEAR FOR THIS
>>
>>51936767
people are starting to notice it on here, so i'm expecting shill threads to be popping up regularly, ironic or not. It probably doesn't appeal to most Linux users here as it's intended for your mom and dad to be able to pick up and use, with the added bonus of having to trust the Chinese to not add botnet shit to it (good luck with that).
>>
>>51936826
I already run 360 Total Security on my PC, I don't mind some more chinese botnet.
As long as the chinese governemnt doesn't share intel with my government I'm fine.
>>
>>51936817
English is default.

It's also the first time I've seen an installer just straight away giving me the choice between using my uefi or installing some bootloader shit like grub into my disk. *buntus automatically silently install grub into your disk, potentially royally fucking your shit up. Seriously, who the fuck thinks that sort of shit is a good idea and why is a bunch of chinese the first to do it the right way?

What the fuck is going on with the world, why is everything completely the opposite of what it should be by any stretch of logic?
>>
File: jon2.jpg (173 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
jon2.jpg
173 KB, 853x480
>>51936868
>I already run 360 Total Security on my PC, I don't mind some more chinese botnet.

christ
>>
>>51936554
Proximus or voo? Both are so shitty, I want to die. It's such a shame to be Belgian..
>>
>>51936896
>Free
>Chink heuristic engine (kinda useless) + Bitdefender engine + Avira engine all in one antivirus
>More lightweight than avira or bitdefender alone

I love my botnet.
>>
This thread is subtle shilling for Chink botnet OS
>>
>>51936935
Proximus (belgacom) for internet, phone and tv. Base for cellphone, but good riddance to them, I just kicked their sorry butts out of my life and am now waiting for my viking sim. I'd get rid of the shit ISP too if only there was any competition worth switching to and if only a certain other person in the house didn't insist on staying with this shit company.

Seriously man our country is so fucked up. This place is supposed to be like a capital of europe but brazilian favellas are probably a more evolved place to live in.
>>
>>51936888
Cool, did you try the beta of version 15 or the stable 2014.3?
>>
>>51936967
I've considered trying 360 because I like both avira and bitdefender but the fact that it's chink shit just puts me off so much. Not to mention I don't need a nanny antivirus, just bitdefender free sitting in my tray is good enough.

>>51937004
Stable, and I only used it for 5 minutes and don't intend to boot it up again.
>>
>>51936748
Lol, you wouldn't be posting a "help me!" thread on /g/ if you weren't a n00b in this area.

The funny thing is it's actually okay to not be knowledgeable in certain areas. But I'm sure you'll end up taking this personally too...
>>
>>51936995
So you didn't actually test mobile vicking yet. I tried mobistar instead of proximus myself. I came back because their 3g was awful (took me 10sec to connect to it)
>>
Christ sakes stay away from Deepin.

You want:

Ubuntu MATE.
Xubuntu.
Lubuntu.
>>
>>51937021
> I don't need a nanny antivirus
I have Total Security Essential, it's all but a nanny antivirus. It's really silent.
The nanny one is the normal Total Security

>>51937043
Nice try amazon
>>
>>51937022
Where am I asking for help?

>The funny thing is it's actually okay to not be knowledgeable in certain areas
This is something I literally tell people myself because I'm tired of faggots expecting me to waste time learning and updating myself on shit that is of 0 relevance to me

>>51937041
Registration, payment, switch-over and such was all much better already than the average base experience, and my friends who use viking say everything just works as expected, which is far from what I can say for base.
>>
>>51937078
My experience with proximus is very good for mobile. Give it a try when you're tired of being a Viking.
Also, everyone knows that base is utter shit here
>>
>>51936554
>switch to mobile vikings
my fellow belgian fag!
>>
>>51937058
No amazon integration in the distros listed.

That's standard ubuntu only.
>>
>>51936554
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>51937058
You're making me try 360....

If this thing ends up being paradoxally good for chink shit as well I'm gonna rip my hair out and ask to be put in a mental asylum cause this world stopped making any sense.
>>
>>51937380
Goddammit it really is pretty good
>>
>>51937380
>>51938203
I know some people that'll get you in an asylum as a favour to me, all you gotta do is sign some papers and put up a decent act to a shink.
>>
>>51936554
>>get domain name from godaddy
Stopped reading there
>>
>>51937380
>>51938837
Wait until you try Kingsoft Office
>>
Deepin is basically just chink mint. Literally everything you mentioned about drivers, sound, etc. working out of the box along with an uninstall button are all included in mint.
>>
>>51936554
>>switch to
>>somehow nobody knows them
reported for advertising
>>
File: DeepinScreenshot20151219000920.png (244 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
DeepinScreenshot20151219000920.png
244 KB, 1280x1024
>>51936748
MUH NIGGAH!!!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.