[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to watch youtube videos without giving in to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1445466251063.jpg (96 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445466251063.jpg
96 KB, 1080x1080
Is it possible to watch youtube videos without giving in to the botnet?
>>
>>51935783
use tor
>>
Use a vpn
>>
install gentoo
>>
how many memes can you spot in this thread, /g/?
>>
>>51935966
t. Google employee
>>
>>51935783
If you don't want more extreme measures like VPNs or Tor, then disable cookies and don't log in. Disable javascript and download videos that you might want to see repeatedly, or just use youtube-dl to avoid browsing the site itself at all.
>>
>>51935783
smtube.org
>>
>>51935783

Block all their ads and shit.
>>
Nobody cares about your bieber videos or conspiracy. There is no pizza like tor so who cares what you watch. Unless you are watching isil propaganda videos all day and your name is Muhammed all day.
>>
>>51936647
>use youtube-dl to avoid browsing the site itself at all.
How do you do that? I use yt-dl but I still have to visit youtube.com to browse through all their videos
>>
>>51936702
>>51936064
>>
>>51936714
irc search bot for example
>>
>>51936702
What if your name is Muhammed for only 2/3rd of a day?
>>
>>51937341
Well that's different, anon. It's got to be a full day dammit.
>>
With this addon you can watch YouTube videos natively with your browser's player without needing any JavaScript: https://github.com/lejenome/html5-video-everywhere

I use this addon together with NoScript and have all scripts blocked. Watching videos works like a charm nevertheless. The thumbnails of "related videos" don't load without enabling JS, but I don't care for that anyways (the titles still work, only the thumbnails are gray).
>>
>>51936714
ytsearchN:term will return the first N search results
>>
I use youtube-dl which is an open source Python script. Works on lots of sites like liveleak and vivo too.

Good shit. Just sucks the video file out and into your machine.
>>
>>51935783
Newpipe on your phone from fdroid
>>
File: Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>51935783
Not anymore. YouTube just blocked my Iceweasel. I'll have to use Epiphany to watch YouTube videos until they block it. And then I'll have to install Chrome, exactly like they planned.
>>
>>51939388
Stop shilling your shit app you fucking autist
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.