[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/monitor/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: wmart.jpg (283 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
wmart.jpg
283 KB, 2000x2000
ITT: We talk about all the monitor memes such as:
144Hz vs 60Hz - Does it really matter?
TN vs IPS - Does it really matter?
>>
>>51935086
>monitor
>tech
pick one
>>
>144Hz vs 60Hz - Does it really matter?
yes
>TN vs IPS - Does it really matter?
yes
>>
>>51935086
Personally not into the Hz meme but I'm not a competitive gamer. As for TN vs. IPS, yes it does matter.

https://tftguide.com/types.php
https://tftguide.com/applications.php
>>
>>51935125
spotted the faggot
>>
I bought an Acer 144Hz IPS 1440p freesync monitor today, it has very nice colours and the blacks are deeper than all my previous IPSs.

I'm glad the days of needing a TN for high resolution+refresh are behind us.
>>
>>51935086
>16.7 million colors

But wait, surely if it's 8 bits per RGB component, then the total combinations will be 255^3= 16.6 million?

So how can they advertise 16.7 million?
>>
>>51935086
>144Hz vs 60Hz - Does it really matter?
Yes
>TN vs IPS - Does it really matter?
No
>>
>>51937346
For me, TN vs IPS matters a lot. The colour shifting on TN is horrible, I can't fucking stand it.
I still see it on IPS, but it's far weaker, and actually tolerable.

>>51937069
I've got an Eizo Foris FS2735 in the mail. I didn't like the Acer because display lag and other limitations.
>>
>>51937346
/thread

Once you've been gayming and browsing 4chin at 120 or 144 hz, it's impossible to go back. Games at 60 fps on 60 hz feel like stuttering shit, and simply moving the cursor around the screen at 60 hz feels like you're constantly lagging.
>>
>>51937394
>Eizo Foris FS2735
Nice, I would have bought it if my monitor budget was that wide.

Not sure what you mean about lag as they're both advertised as 4ms and TFT were pretty positive about the lag situation on the Acer.

I imagine the build on the Eizo is of higher quality and I'd be interested to see if their antiblur software is any good.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (73 KB, 460x751) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
73 KB, 460x751
>>51935138
Spotted the poor cuck.
>>
>>51935119
I've been staring at this post for quite a while trying to understand it but I just can't
>>
>>51937587
Not talking about reaction time, but display lag.
The time it takes from the GPU sending the image to the monitor displaying it. Afaik for the Acer there is 1-1.5 frames delay. Eizo claims 0.05 frames, but we lack benchmarks to confirm that. It's definitely going to be low, though.
It also has better Freesync range, and Eizo's warranty sealed the deal for me. On-site exchange for 5 years, and a new display if as much as a single bright pixel appears in the first 6 month can't be beaten.
>>
>>51937346
literal autism, kill yourself
>>
>>51937987
Very nice, wish I could afford it. Oh well, my Acer looks and feels nice enough (everything's nice and matte even though the reviews complained about a glossy build).

Maybe when I get a proper job I'll get the latest and greatest Eizo of the day.
>>
>>51938169
Yeah, I feel you. I got a Korean display I overclocked to 120Hz like a year and a half ago. Getting a second display, and one with low lag and high refresh rate was the best thing ever.
Now I'm upgrading it to the Eizo, which I expect to last me the better part of a decade, until 4k 144Hz displays come around. For something I use that long, I wouldn't want to cheap out. I've always regretted that in the past, at some point.
>>
I wanna upgrade my main screen to an IPS 144hz panel. I played on my friends TN 144hz the other day and it's so fucking smooth in CS:GO.

Thinking I'll get the Acer XB271HU since the comparable Asus apparently has build issues out the ass. The Acer has a nice small bezel as well.

Thinking I might have buy a new secondary monitor as well since an old ass 22" Dell would look emasculated next to a 27" monitor. The new 27" Dell IPS seem nice, since I don't need 144hz or gsync on a second monitor. I wonder if the difference in screen bezel will drive my autism up the wall though. And if I'll be able to get the color profile of both screens close enough that the difference isn't really noticeable
>>
>>51938259
Definitely get Freesync/Gsync, fitting to whatever card you have.
The Acer XB271HU you mentioned is the best Gsync display on the marked, the Eizo Foris FS2735 the best Freesync display.

I've got a dual 27" WQHD setup. I'm definitely looking to upgrade the second one to a 4k, 30 or 32" some time next year, for the screen estate. WQHD feel limiting to me now.
>>
>>51938320
It's a shame Nvidia and AMD have this proprietary screen sync shit. It'd be nice to be able to buy a monitor without deciding ahead of time what the next card I'm going to buy is. Just the nature of business I guess.
>>
>>51938397
> proprietary

Isn't the whole point of freesync that it's an open technology (aside from just competing with gsync)?
>>
>>51938461
Oh, so freesync monitors will work in Nvidia cards?
>>
>>51938486
They work with intel GPUs, once they add support for it, which they're planning for 2016. Nvidia willingly refuses to support it.
>>
>>51938486
Well, they might well work with future intel iGPUs and if Gsync fails hard enough it's not impossible for NVidia to make future cards which use the Vesa standard adaptive sync spec too... Extremely unlikely though.
>>
>>51938498
>intel GPUs
Which only matters for adoption and has no effect on enthusiast level systems. So long as Nvidia can demonstrably show that their G-sync performs better (i.e. higher refresh rates) they can still corner the enthusiast market.
>>
>>51938546
Yeah. AMD offers little competition against Nvidia on high-end enthusiast rigs, which are exactly the PCs that can utilize the increased refresh rates of expensive monitors.
>>
>>51937259
It's 256^3 anon. (Or 2^24)
>>
>>51938713
Thank you very much, my memory's foggy atm.
>>
File: Acer X34 vs Acer Z35.jpg (70 KB, 889x472) Image search: [Google]
Acer X34 vs Acer Z35.jpg
70 KB, 889x472
>>51938587
Ironically I myself am currently in the market for such a monitor I can't decide between the Acer X34 or the Z35. The X34 is the pinnacle of display port 1.2 as its maximum spec for 1440p ultra-wide is 100hz. I think.

Can't decide whether 200hz or 1440p is more beneficial.

>2x 980ti's btw
>>
>>51938778
Are curved monitors just a meme or actually legit? I can't imagine using one
>>
>>51938809
Curved monitors actually serve a function. Small but they do have a benefit. Not for 16:9 mind you 21:9 yes. Because the panel of a 21:9 is longer in width than 16:9 there is some distortion at the very edges given your viewing position.

Mind you I'm using these monitors to substitute for a dual monitor setup. This way there are no bezels and I also lack the desk space.
>>
Is it worth buying a monitor now or waiting for this oled shit
>>
>>51938942
>mind you
I mind.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.