[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mpv/ - htpc and new features
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: default_icon_512x512.png (1 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
default_icon_512x512.png
1 MB, 512x512
> Opinion about htpc software.
Seems mpv became the best video player for desktop and laptop machines.
There is too much htpc forum threads and blog posts about madvr and almost nothing about mpv.
Sure there is a wonderful manual but it's for advanced users and why nobody talk about mpv?
Some users claim that madvr is far away better than mpv. What's your opinion about it?

> What's next?
SuperRes is very popular but it needs some mpv refactoring codes to be implemented inside mpv.
Interpolation needs video-sync and uses more gpu than madvr smooth motion. Why?
Plex became the first media manager to use mpv, why there is so less project using mpv?
>>
madvr is better
>>
>>51934254
What changed with regards to Lua scripting?
Why does my old script not work anymore?
Why the fuck are they considering dropping this capability, one of the absolute and objectively best parts of mpv?
Why must PROGRESS ruin everything I love?
;_;
>>
>>51934254
>not using VLC or BSplayer
autists
>>
>>51934502
top fucking kek

the scripts you autistic faggots spend months working on, down the drain.
>>
>>51934502
>Why the fuck are they considering dropping this capability, one of the absolute and objectively best parts of mpv?
Source?
Also, lua is shit. Also, there's an ipc that you can do anything with and in any language.
>>
What VO option should I use if my laptop has Intel HD 3000 graphics?
>>
>>51934775
You should always use OpenGL.
>>
Can anyone recommend or provide a good mpv config for a basic laptop (T440s, fedora). I don't normally play movies on this thing except during my long-ass flight home during Christmas.

Right now I just have:

vo=vaapi
hwdec=vaapi
>>
>>51934852
The opengl vo is better and also works with vaapi.
>>
>>51934924
Is it battery-friendly?

Also, what's the easiest way to make the Esc key exit fullscreen?
>>
>>51934982
Figured pt. 2 out:

#~/.config/mpv/input.conf
ESC set fullscreen no
>>
>>51934982
Output has little to do with battery, unless you use complex shaders like ewa.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.