[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've noticed an increase in frequency of meta threads about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1446601588513.png (272 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
1446601588513.png
272 KB, 600x347
I've noticed an increase in frequency of meta threads about the current state of the board lately.

So, instead of making another one to complain, I'll make another one to ask you a question instead: what are your favorite kinds of threads on /g/? What keeps you coming here?

Is there any kind of discussion you wish occurred more often?
>>
Ebin pepe frogposts are my favorite desu senpai :^)
>>
>>51931974
to sum it up tightly

everything bashing related
>>
>>51932260
Literally this.

My entire life has been so peacefull and forgiving that I feel like waste.
The pure act of destroying someones opinion is fulfilling my empty purpose of existence.
>>
the technology threads, the kind of threads that you don't see in /g/, because /g/ isn't about technology, it's about consumerism
>>
>>51932292
>implying anyone's opinion has ever been meaningfully changed by the average /g/ shitpost
>>
>>51931974
My favorite threads are ones where there's potential for learning: programming threads, threads about programs or operating systems, or any technology.

My least favorite threads are show-and-tell threads. Desktop threads, home screen threads, guts, etc are just the same few people wanking each other off and trying to make their shit look as close to the King of the Month. For example whenever I go to desktop threads, fucking everyone is doing the borderless window, screen fetch, anime wallpaper thing and it's very cringeworthy.
>>
>>51932234
>>51932260
>>51932292
baiting or not you fags should fuck off to reddit
>>
File: CAM00363.jpg (377 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
CAM00363.jpg
377 KB, 1536x2048
>>51932366
This.
>>
>>51931974
>There are too many meta threads
>So here's a metal thread
You're aware of the irony too, which just makes it worse.

It's always been that way, there's been no sudden increase. /g/ has always been off topic. There's no way to fix it because nothing is broken, it's just who we are.

That being said, I'm saging and moving on because there's no point in encouraging it either.
>>
xmas break
>>
>>51932737
Nah, a lot of the facebook-tier shit on the board right now is (relatively) recent, /g/ has always been shit but it has been noticeably shittier for the past year or so, so much show-offy trash and banal shitposting.

You couldn't even make a post about PPC Macs in 2010, now there are multiple daily MacBook and iPad threads.
>>
With the new admin pushing malware on the front page, it's a good time to move. Expect /g/ to get even more consumerism-focused.
>>
File: also.png (185 KB, 612x707) Image search: [Google]
also.png
185 KB, 612x707
>>51931974
Holy fuck I made this pic thanks OP
>>
>>51932737
This board be better if all the /v//consumer/tech support threads were kicked off the board, even bringing back public sage would improve the site as a whole.
>>
>>51932366
This right here. I fucking love threads where people actually discuss something and learn from each other.

New/original shitposting is honestly kind of fun too. It's the staleness of /g/ that's really making it shit, there's no excitement.

>>51933707
I used to take this perspective, but honestly the anonymous environment of /g/ is a really good place to ask basic but discussion-provoking questions. I would rather it just be regulated, we don't need ten threads on the catalog about building mid-range gaming PCs or whatever the latest smartphone/tablet is.
>>
File: 1366677068049.jpg (19 KB, 326x273) Image search: [Google]
1366677068049.jpg
19 KB, 326x273
>Apple is better then windows xD
>Linux sux plz respond!
>I got a new phone poorfags BTFO!
This is the cancer killing /g/
>>
>>51931974
I hate
>Rate my build
>Should I pull the trigger on this?
>Is this a good deal?
>Help me /g/ is this good?
>>
I hate metathreads.
>>
>>51934348
I agree. Old, worn out arguments and shitty memes that belong on consumer websites, not here.

>>51934451
But what do you like? I'm interested in seeing if maybe there's a way we can actually do something other than complain and actually make the board better by regularly starting "good" threads that will facilitate something other than boring shitposting.

>>51934529
Then filter them? "Meta" is literally in the post, it couldn't be easier.
>>
>>51932826
>You couldn't even make a post about PPC Macs in 2010
Bullshit. /g/ was jerking off to ppc as much then as they do now. Nothing has changed except the age of the macs.
>>
>>51932322
This and cuberpunk threads. I like to follow up discussions about fictional hackers with threads where people actually talk about learning about technology.
>>
>>51935574
I remember making a thread about a Power Mac G5 I grabbed from corporate surplus around 2010 and getting shitposted off the board. Maybe you're right though, I was a massive newshit back then and probably wrote the post retardedly.

Still, I don't think these bi-daily shill threads would have survived, at least not with the overwhelming positive replies and pro-Apple shitposting in them today.
>>
>>51935677
Oh and to add. I'm not really a fan of the prevalence of consumer threads but I do occasionally look at them when considering buying new hardware. Maybe some of the useful sites and guides should be added to the sticky to clean up some of the redundant discussion?
>>
>>51935701
/g/ has always been very temperamental. Every now and again you'll see an anon post
>How does this thread have 200 replies, I made the exact same thread yesterday and nobody cared

You'll also find times during the day when the gaymen laptop crowd will shout out those who say they don't perform as well.

The shill threads were just as bad, the only difference is that we used to call the fanboys instead. People have always said "we never used to like crapple here" and it's never been true. There's always been a small but vocal group of macfags that make up around 20% of the users here.
>>
>>51935913
Now I want to go looking through the archives. I remember some particularly vocal tripfags from around the time the iPhone 4 came out.
>>
>>51934644
>But what do you like?
I like learning stuff. I don't have a /g/ background so when the board discusses resources I take notes. I use the wiki a lot, and wish more of the threads were focused on practical software that /g/ uses instead of hardware battles that are comparable to /v/'s console threads.
>>
>>51933674
the text is different
>>
>>51936611
>hardware battles that are comparable to /v/'s console threads.
Those are deplorable but every now and again you get two people who really know their stuff when it comes to hardware. That's when you get some really great discussions about what makes a CPU good and the differences between GPU architectures.
>>
File: proofs.png (100 KB, 839x604) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
100 KB, 839x604
>>51936663
ik I made both pics, the guy saying "Also how is what I said a meme" was replying to the one OP used
>>
>>51936742
If only there was a way to channel that instead of having to wade through a bunch of shit to get to it.
>>
>>51936611
Same.

I find some interesting shit here sometimes.
>>
>>51935742
I agree with this desu, sometimes consumer threads are nice but do we really need like fucking twelve of them for each subject at once?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.