[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quantum computing thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Jacket.gif (17 KB, 180x270) Image search: [Google]
Jacket.gif
17 KB, 180x270
We fucking have watch threads but rarely any quantum computing threads

post anything related to quantum computing

so i was thinking of reading
Quantum Computing since Democritus
i have a minimal knowledge of quantum computing and i thought it would help.
>>
watches are technology
>>
>>51931881
That book talk mostly about pure logic.
>>
there are very few people who actually understand the physics behind quantum computing
that's why we rarely talk about it

quantum computing has nothing to do with todays technology
>>
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-figured-out-what-we-need-to-achieve-secure-quantum-teleportation

Maybe related. We figured out how to relay information using quantum entanglement in such a manner that only the intended recipient will get the accurate data. Due to how particles behave at a quantum level, all other listeners get a fuzzy version.
>>
How is it that we are able to entangle two particles and represent data on one end, but supposedly when we measure a value of spin on the other end it will always be random?

It is only after the values conveyed and received are compared that we achieve an effective transmission, right?

But, does that not make the entire attempt redundant?
>>
>>51932509
add "on this board" to my first sentence
there are many people who understand it, but not on this shitty afghan cotton picking newssite
>>
>>51932565

>The researchers have now shown that to avoid this, Alice and Bob (or anyone else who wants to send an entangled message) need to use a special form of quantum entanglement known as 'Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen steering'.

>"Only then can the quality of the transported state be perfect," said Reid. "The beauty is that quantum mechanics guarantees that a perfect state can only be transported to one receiver. Any second 'eavesdropper' will get a fuzzy version."

That's from the article.
>>
>>51932601

Yeah I noticed the post above me come in as I hit submit. Looks like it answered my question, thanks.
>>
>>51932615
What a happy coincidence. The only time I ever attempted to look at tumblr, that was a result for a popular tag or something.
>>
What about quantum manufacturing? I find that much more interesting.
Perfect ball bearings that never wear out.
>>
>2020
>5nm processors

What's next? I've heard about a company that is producing "pseudo" quantum cpus.
Anyone sauce?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.