[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COME THE FUCK ON WHY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: NoNameDownload.png (2 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
NoNameDownload.png
2 MB, 1201x884
> be me late night night
> install new os
> have usb device pluged in speifically move os file too usb device for it too boot up on there
> wait for an hour and 30 minutes for the mother fucker to finally boot up
> its so smooth and fast
> turn off my computer
> get up just now os wipes usb and my windows 7 os
im so fucking mad i wanted windows 7 and linux so instead it wiped my fucking computer.
Please tell me how too fix this g i really need your help.
>>
That's what you get for using deprecated software.
>>
>>51931358
>deprecated
please tell me how to fix it
>>
Pity bump
>>
>>51931339
Your spelling is terrible and I honestly don't know what you're saying happened. So, you copied some files onto a flash drive, and then it magically wiped your hard drive when you reboot?
You're gonna have to be more specific about what's on that flash drive, because that's sketchy as hell.
>>
>>51931384
>please tell me how to fix it
post what your MBR (master boot record) looks like and we will see what can be done
>>
>>51932067
nothing was on the flash drive and i wiped it using pen drive linux.
>>51932122
not sure what that means
>>
I've had this problem before. Really annoying when you need your computer fast. To fix it you need to boot into ms dos command line and delete your system32 folder using tue deltree X:/system32 -c -g
That'll probably do the trick.
>>
>>51932336
ha ha very funny like i would do that
>>
Update grub you shitlord
>>
>>51932409
i already tried a few grub commands. Said command not reconigzed.
>>
>>51932436
unless you explain what you mean.How do i update it.
>>
>>51932449
sudo apt-get install boot-repair
Follow the instructions
>>
>Can't install an OS
>Gets mad
>>
>>51932497
giving me this i tried it and looked it up.
>>
>>51932506
i installed ubuntu almost a year ago and didn't have this problem.
>>
>>51932785
I maintain my point.
>>
>>51933219
>>51933055
sage
>>
>>51933638
kek not even op buddy just being nice
>>
>>51933793
mad
>>
>>51931358
speaking about linux, you are right, he should have just used windows 10
>>
>trying to dual boot without understanding bootloaders, BOOTMGR or MBR

lol

boot to recovery media, backup your shit, wipe your partition

Install windows first, install linux second. Make sure you do both UEFI, GPT with systemd bootloader, or both BIOS, MBR with grub bootloader (chainload to windows BOOTMGR if that's the case)
>>
Install
ntfs-3g
os-prober

But first, use gparted to make sure its still there, since you were so obtuse about explaining things that I'm not sure that it is.
>>
new update i have gparted and the extension i tried pulling up my 32 system. but it says fat32 anybody know what that means it also wont let me make that the main boot.
>>
bump for this fucking idiot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.